(4 star hotel)
including 8 days parking
from the airport
Unwind and relax in style
The Gatwick Holiday Inn has always been a firm favourite for families. It's only minutes away from the North terminal and has oodles of four-bed rooms, a kids-eat-free menu and a caring team of staff. The open-plan areas have a laid-back vibe with plenty of seating for you to enjoy a relaxing drink or a bite to eat. There's no chance of the little ones getting bored here, with TVs, games, activity packs and a free two-course meal for up to two children under 13.
While the Holiday Inn is loved by families, it's also a hit with those who like the simplicity of leaving their car at the hotel during their holiday. There's loads of spaces and the car park's secured, so the start of your holiday can go without a hitch.
- "The hotel was close to the airport and the bus was there first thing in the morning and prompt again when we returned. "
Mrs Lorraine, 02 Nov 2010
- "This was the best airport hotel we've stayed in. It was clean and spacious and the staff were really helpful. Also we felt safe leaving our car parked there while we were away. Excellent."
Mr Tanzilli, 26 Jun 2010
- "The Holiday Inn Gatwick was great and the staff very helpful. The pre-booked taxi was great and more convenient than the bus. Great start and end to holiday."
Mrs Baker, 18 Aug 2010
- "Although our return journey was delayed by three days, Holiday Inn responded helpfully and our car was waiting for us even though it was midnight on a Sunday !"
Mr Lawrence, 04 Mar 2010
See more Gatwick Holiday Inn customer reviews
Overall rating: % based on 4344 Ratings
Hearty, traditional British meals
Traders restaurant and the Hub bar have an informal setting, so although there's no need to don a fancy frock at dinner, this doesn't mean the food isnt elegant and refined. Juicy, flavoursome steaks, deep-filled pies, classic fish and chips as well as a range of sandwiches and wraps are all on offer. Food is reasonably priced and made using locally sourced produce. The Holiday Inn is a family-friendly hotel thats perfect for avoiding airport stress. You might even have some fun while youre there!
We recommend the Holiday Inn Gatwick for:
Families -With large rooms, fun activity packs and a kids-eat-free menu make the Holiday Inn a firm family favourite.
Comfort - Airy, soundproofed rooms with comfortable beds make for a relaxing stay for you and your family.
Food - The hotels two restaurants offer expertly cooked but pleasingly familiar comfort food.
Earliest check-in time is 2pm, and latest check-out time is midday.
Holiday Inn Gatwick Airport,
Povey Cross Road,
Arrival at the Holiday Inn
The earliest check-in time at the hotel is 2pm.
The hotel run a bus from the airport to the hotel. It is bus G1, G3 or G7 from stop 8 at the North terminal or stop 9 at the South. Tickets cost £3 for each adult, £1.50 for each child from 5 to 12 years old and children under 5 travel free. The bus runs every 15 minutes from 5am until midnight and every 30 minutes outside of these times.
Here are the directions to the hotel:
- Exit the M23 at junction 9 and follow signs for Gatwick airport, taking the first exit at the slip road roundabout if you're coming from the south, and the second exit at the slip road roundabout if you're coming from the north.
- Go straight over at the next roundabout, and at the third roundabout take the fourth exit, signposted A23, Redhill.
- At the next roundabout go straight on and the hotel is immediately on the left.
Overnight parking is available at the hotel for £16 per night.
The latest check-out time at the hotel is 12pm.
When you're ready to fly take the transfer bus to the terminal. Buses from the hotel to the airport run 24 hours a day. From 5am until midnight they run every 15 minutes and from midnight until 5am they run every 30 minutes. It costs £3 per adult and £1.50 per child, and under 5s go free.
Getting to and from Gatwick airport
On the day of your stay:
- Drive to the Holiday Inn - your confirmation email will include driving directions and a postcode for satnavs.
- Park in the back of the hotel and head inside to hand over your keys.
- A fully-insured driver will park your car in the hotel’s car park for the duration of your holiday.
Getting from the hotel to the airport:
It’s a 10-minute bus ride to the terminal. The shuttle bus runs every 10-15 minutes between 5am and midnight and every 30 minutes between midnight and 5am.
It costs £3 per adult and £1.50 per child, and under 5s go free.
- Catch the G1, G3 or G7 shuttle bus from the terminal back to the hotel. It’s stop 8 from the North Terminal or stop 9 from the South.
- Collect your keys from reception and drive home.
Holiday Inn address
Povey Cross Road,