Gatwick Russ Hill Reviews Page 12Customer ratings and feedback
- 1979 Russ Hill Hotel Gatwick ratings have an average of
- Terminal : All terminals
- Star Rating :
- Restaurant : Yes
- 80% of customers who left a review for the Russ Hill Hotel Gatwick would book again
- 1979 customers have given an average rating of
- Russ Hill Bus service between hotel & airport is not frequent enough and the luggage racks are inadequate. This latter is significant enought for us not to use the service again.
Mr Kettle 26 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill everything was fine with arrangements but thought the hotel was badly in need of a bit of "tarting up" and things such as shower gel, throwaway toothbrushes etc could be provided !
Mrs Retallick 26 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Although we have booked parking and hotel at Russ Hill before and knew what to expect, the deal on offer was very good value as always.
Mr Bryan 25 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The hotel was old outdated and tired. The rooms were basic but the furnishings and decor was very 80s. The food was expensive. All in all ok for an overnight stay and parking but wouldn't recommend it
Mr Weeds 22 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Price was excellent, accommodation sparse but acceptable for a one night stay. Hotel is close in a direct line but takes a good 20-25 minutes to find from the terminal, could do with better sign posting and a more frequent transfer service (its every hour).
Mr Dean 21 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Almost went smoothly!! On the return the hotel had the wrong return date as we had to pay for longer car park as we need more than 7 days but not a fortnight, the car was blocked in but they soon got it out. Hotel was Ok - we requested a ground floor room as one of the party is pregnant but we got put on the top floor - the hotel arranged for someone to carry the bag up and down the stairs so that was good.
Miss Watson-Steele 21 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The Hotel looked very grand from outside. We arrived at the hotel quite late and were disappointed that the bar closed at 11pm. The main areas of the Hotel were very nice. However, the rooms were very basic which I would expect but the bathroom has horrible. The shower dripped the water out - not what you needed when preparing to embark on a long journey! We were also disappointed that you had to pay for the bus not only to the airport but also when we got home!
Mrs Herridge 21 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill russ hill hotel is fine for the reasin why you stay there, as for the restaurant they really need to sort out their staff in there
Mrs Newman 21 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The bed was absolutely awful with springs coming through to make contact with body. When we collected the car it had scratches along one side. we were sent a letter that stated after their investigation, they suggested that these scratches were already on the car & not done on their premises. We paid nearly £200.00 to have the car put back as before. We shall NEVER book into Russ Hill Hotel again & shall NOT recommend this hotel to anyone else.
Mr Liptrot 19 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Very helpful booking service. I paid a higher rate than was then advertised and when I realised and spoke to someone about it she sorted it out immediately, phoned me back, cancelled my first booking and rebooked me at the lower rate all within 24 hours of departure. I have already recommended you to others.
Mrs Orbell 18 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill We really enjoyed our stay at the undercover hotel and would probably stop there again.
Mr Weeks 18 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The Russ Hill Hotel is simply the worst most uncomfortable hotel i have ever stayed in. however the main purpose was that my car would be safely parked for 2 weeks. however on my return i was informed that my car (with new tyres) had a puncture and the tyre had been replaced. apparently the car park is subject to a lot of punctures
there is probably nothing that you can do for me in this matter and i will be putting reviews on the various sites.
Mr Murphy 17 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Good service in the hotel and good link with the airport we had no complaints and would recommend you to friends
Mrs Griffin 17 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Excellent price, safe parking, room a bit small but comfortable and had tea coffee making facilities and en suite bathroom.
Mrs Perkins 17 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The room was only big enough for one person let alone two people with luggage. It was also extremely basic and I can say it was the worst room we have stayed in, in the Uk. It was lucky we only had to stay there a few hours.
Mr Wise 17 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Repair the shower CUPBOARD and supply HOT water for showering. Also show the actual rooms. The double bed was in a enclosed area you had to climb into bed from one side as the other three sides were enclosed by walls. The very tiny CUPBOARD that was the bathroom was disgusting. The shower tray was cracked and the step up-to the shower was tiled, but they were all cracked. we ran the water for over 20 mins but it was cold. On return from our holiday we looked at our ticket for collecting the car which said "if you plan on collecting your car 24 hours earlier than expected the car will not be ready for collection". Which made us think the car would be near reception ready for us to jump into. The car was at least 300 yards away. Not impressed at all. Very disappointed as we have never had such a bad deal before.
Mrs Rees 16 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Excellent experience - from friendly and efficient telephone booking to check out. Will definitely use the hotel and Holiday Extras again.
Mr Mingay 16 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Only minor problem was that we were not given instructions for contacting hotel for return transfer, nor the card required for collecting our car keys. Easily and quickly resolved on return. Otherwise, very happy with our stay.
Mr Mosedale 16 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill we accidentally booked the wrong date and this was easily sorted through yourselves and we were even due a refund. Excellent service!
Mrs Huckerby 15 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Terrible small corridor so far to walk with suitcases i was worn out room was small and airless not nice at all.
Mr Sammons 04 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill We have stayed at Russ Hill before and everything was fine but this time the room was no bigger than a broom cupboard, bed was against a wall so you had to climb over the other person, shower room had not been cleaned and most importantly we are still waiting for the booked early morning call, which meant we had to travel without a shower ,cup of coffee or even proper wash.
Mr Garner 03 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Room was small but ok for an overnight stay.
Shower was not much kop though,apart from this great value for money-I would recommend the Russ Hill to other people.
Mr Mcgrath 03 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The hotel and parking was exceptional value for money - very clean and comfortable and the check in for both the hotel and car was easy. We had to pay an extra £5 on arrival at the hotel as we needed 15 days parking - this was made clear on the website at the time of booking, but it seemed most people had to do this on arrival, so maybe would have been easier to charge for this at the time of reserving online. The transfers were on time to and from the airport and very straight forward - will definitely use this hotel again next time I fly from Gatwick, and will recommend it to everyone I know.
Miss Dodgson 01 May, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill All as we expected. Not a very attractive room but it served its purpose well.
Would stay again for access to Gatwick.
Mr Parker 30 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Our flight arrived back into the UK at 6.25am and we were very pleased to see that the courtesy bus was sitting at the bus stop as we approached so had no waiting around at the airport. First class service.
Ms Forsythe-Brown 14 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Lovely surroundings, but room across a courtyard, which was in total darkness when we arrived late at night. Small room and tiny little en-suite which was very cold.Perhaps we got what we paid for?
Mrs Chapman 14 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The room was cramped and in need of decoration and the bathroom needed a refresh. however, the booking in of the car was easy and fast.
Miss Hambly 12 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The decor and standards of your rooms are extremely poor.
Mrs Milis 19 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Despite giving the dates of my travel, I was charged an extra £5 for parking, which I should of been told about when I booked and paid on the phone, my car was also moved, not sure why it needed to be
Miss Newey 27 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Russ Hill is a terrible Hotel the Room was stifling the Service poor & transfers to Airport infrequent.
This is the second time I have stayed at the Hotel& will not be staying again
Mr Chadderton 27 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The room was ok, but there was only terrestrial TV available and the extractor fan did not work in the bathroom. I felt the room need a lick of paint to bring it up to the standard you would expect from this level of hotel. I felt the food was over priced. Room service was fine, but I found it strange that if I wanted to order a pizza, I could only do this between 10.30pm and midnight which is very late.
The location is lovely and the staff in general were friendly and helpful.
Mr Adams 25 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill rooms pretty standard but offer good value for money,restaurant a little too pricey
Mrs Whiting 23 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill we also thought the wentworth airport lounge
Mrs Obray 21 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Room was nice very close to airport, only thing missing was some hot choc for the room as i dont drink tea/coffee
Mrs Bates 20 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Comments on websites regarding Russ Hill meant that I cancelled my nights stay. I suggest you inspect Russ Hill and if necessary remove it from your list of approved hotels.
Mr Edwards 20 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Good service, very easy to use with competitive prices! Have used before and will use again!
Miss Shreeve 17 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Was able to relax the night before the flight and not have to worry about leaving in the early hours of the morning to get to the airport. Great value for money
Mr Mccann 17 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Customer services could be improved. Disappointed with standard of room especially the annex with bed against the wall - difficult for access.
Shower dismal - water cold and extremely low pressure - a trickle in fact!
Noise disturbance of cases being wheeled along pathway.
Mrs Nye 14 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Really pleased with the easy and accurate service from holiday extras. Would def use again to add the finishing touches to our holiday.
Mrs Golder 14 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill This is the first time that we have been disappointed with Holiday Extras airport stay and parking. Ref the parking arrangements and transfers to and from Gatwick these were not a problem. We enjoyed a good meal at Russ Hill but our allocated room was a disaster!
Small was not the word for it,you could not access the bed from both sides and as for the en-suite facilities.....it was very difficult to use the toilet because of the restricted space between the toilet and wash hand basin.... the shower unit was incredibly small and finally it was not possible to shut the door for privacy due to the closeness of the basin to the door. We would rate the room as only suitable for small children!!
Mr Porter 13 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Good Service overall. But bed very soft and saggy.
Mrs Ward 13 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The hotel was clean and convenient - the shuttle service simple and reliable
Mr Vernazza 13 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Very pleased with the organisation and the hotel facilities. However our car was to be found in G2 which was very dark and muddy.
Mr Langdon 10 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Bathroom more like a broom cupboard, far too small and rather uncomfortable. Room small but clean and tidy.
Mrs Sheppard 10 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill room was the size of a cupboard everything else was ok
Miss Carey 08 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill We stayed at Russ Hill Hotel for one night and took advantage of the free parking included. The room was basic although comfortable and the transfers from hotel to airport were on time. One problem was on our return we just missed a courtesy bus and had to wait nearly an hour for another one whilst other hotels were picking up more frequently. That could possibly sway any future decisions on hotel parking. However, overall a very convenient service.
Mr Sillick 07 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The bed room was very small and the mattress has seen much better days.
Having arrived back to the hotel at about 01.45hrs it would have been nice to find a coffee machine available.
I have ticked yes for booking again but with reservations
Mr Rebbeck 07 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill As always, the service provided by Holiday Extras was efficient and reliable also reasonably priced.
Mrs Looker 06 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Could do with the bus from the airport in the evening every half hour to the Russ Hotel, everything else first class.
Mrs Wragg 02 Apr, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Ideally suited for airport , staff helpful, however room small, and decorative order slightly outdated. No lift and the main door not very suitcase friendly.
Mrs Thomas 31 Mar, 2009out of 5