Rooms at the Gatwick Sofitel
There's always room in their heart
The Gatwick Sofitel has 518 rooms and you can expect a great night's sleep in every single one. Many of them look out over the runway or over the soaring atrium in the centre of the hotel, but triple-glazing and excellent soundproofing mean you'll never hear a plane taking off or the bustling restaurants and bars in the lobby below.
Plenty of room sizes are available, as youd expect in a major Gatwick hotel, with standard and superior rooms on offer, plus family suites with interconnecting rooms, and smaller family rooms with either an extra double or single bed. Children are very welcome.
- "We had a wonderful room with a great view of the airport which I had particularly requested Beds were so comfortable very enjoyable experience"
- "We were offered a room with a view of the airport which we loved. Had a really lovely meal in the evening which we had pre booked.Excellent service we will return again and again."
- "Have previously had a family room with 3 adults and 2 children which was 2 rooms opened up this visit was just 1 room giving grandparent less privacy."
- "We had to make a last minute change to our itinerary, but everything was handled quickly and efficiently. Hotel stay & park was cost effective, Sofitel hotel room very comfortable, and staff very pleasant and co-operative."
- "We booked a room at the Sofitel for the night at Gatwick and it was nice to have the booking all taken care of, pre paid with no hitches. Will book with you guys again!!"
As youd expect, the rooms are pristine, and the bathroom attached to the room we tried out looked like it had just been cleaned and disinfected by a hygiene obsessive. The baths are almost worryingly comfortable, tempting one to linger luxuriously in hot soapy suds with a paperback.
As well as the TV, computer connection, safe and fridge, there were some nice touches in the room, including a hairdryer thats already plugged in, found in a drawer in the desk under the mirror; curved drawers in the bedside cabinets which help you scoop up all your change from them; rather pleasing soft-shutting drawers at that; and a big, comfy leather chair.
Its little touches like this which distinguish the rooms at the Sofitel. A lot of thought has obviously gone in to making every guest's stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible, and you'll really appreciate all that effort when you check out of your room in the morning (which can be done even quicker via the TV in your room) refreshed, well-slept and ready to start your holiday.