Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Two bars? We'll drink to that
Theres a very masculine theme to the Lobby bar, which stands it in stark contrast to the indulgent and seductive aubergine tones of the Lobby lounge, just around the corner. Choose a bottle of rouge from the shocking orange display units, or opt for a glass of lager to round off your day. Take a seat in this raised seating area for a nosey at the restaurant, or chill out in any of the rows of stylish and squashy sofas that line the windowed wall.
In the far left corner of the Lobby Bar youll notice a vast, antiquated beer barrel and frosted glass windows on swing doors, which mark the entrance to the convivial Irish bar, Callaghans. In this corner of the Crowne Plaza youll find an agreeably old-fashioned atmosphere, with long wooden benches, easy-going music and oodles of atmosphere. If you're looking for a bit of evening entertainment, get your cash out for a game of pool... Callaghans is great for a lively evening in!
- The Lobby Bar
- 9am to 12.30am
- "Staff very helpful. Only problem was the car park barrier was jammed when we returned after our holiday. The barrier was raised manually to allow us to leave."
Mr Worrell, 25 May 2012
- "Stayed at the Crown Plaze. Everything went very smoothly from checking in to checking out. Room beautiful we also had a meal in the restaurant and drinks in the bar, all staff very helpful and very relaxed atmosphere. Would definitely book again."
Mrs Newlove, 09 Jan 2012
- "Everything was perfectly O. K. Car parking facilities were crowded at the hotel but a space was easily found. Hotel reception was busy but efficient. bar snacks good and shuttle to airport terminal very good."
Mr Rendall, 13 Sep 2011
- "The perfect start to a holiday, get to the airport hotel the night before the flight, park the car, nice room, quite drink in the bar, good nights sleep, easy transfer to the airport for an early morning flight"
Mr White, 11 Jan 2010
- "We have used your hotel on a number of occasions. Dined in various restaurants and used the bars. Always pleased with the facilities which allow us to relax prior to long haul flights."
Mr Williams, 24 Nov 2008
- "we were delighted with the swift and efficient airport transfer services - all included in the very acceptable price we paid . A very nice comfortable hotel which would have got 10/10 but for the high bar prices we were charged."
Mrs Deheer, 28 Jul 2008
An entirely different style from the rest of the hotel, Callaghans Irish Bar is all about your typical pub grub and of course, a good old pint of Guinness. Worlds apart from the rest of the hotel, Callaghans will positively charm your socks off with its archetypal atmosphere and authentic Irish fayre. Theres barely a square foot of visible wall space - its covered in books, tankards, stoneware, whiskey jugs, and frame upon frame of olden-day paintings and sepia photographs. Food is also served all evening and theres also a small grassy spot to the side of the hotel for outdoor seating.
- 4.30pm to 11.30pm
Both bars have wonderfully helpful, accommodating staff, wholl serve you ciders, beers and lagers by the bottle and on draught. Theres a large selection of wines to choose from, plus all your expected spirits and soft drinks, and plenty of places to enjoy a tipple. Head for Callaghans if youre looking for a cosy corner to tuck away in, or stick with the Lobby bar if you prefer an open-plan, airy environment.