Avoid spending hours waiting at Birmingham airport by following the simple advice on this page. View the live feed for dates and times of inbound flights, and then use our guide to pick someone up from the airport with perfect timing. If youre due to arrive at the airport from an inbound flight yourself, you can use our public transport information to ensure a smooth journey. To find your specific inbound flight, please enter your details into the form on the right.
Driving to Birmingham airport
Birmingham airport is easy to reach by car, as its conveniently located just off junction 6 of the M42, via the A45. As the airport has a single terminal youll be following the same directions whatever inbound flight you are picking someone up from, though directions will differ depending on your starting location:
- North-west If youre travelling from Manchester or Liverpool, take the M6 then the M42 via the M6 Toll.
- North-east From cities like Sheffield and Leeds drive down the M1 and the M42.
- East If youre beginning from an eastern location, such as Coventry, simply follow the M6 to Birmingham airport.
- South-east From London, Birmingham airport is easily accessible on the M40.
- South-west Starting in Bristol, or another south-western location, simply follow the M5.
Sat nav can make the drive even easier simply input Birmingham airports post code: B26 3QJ. If you need more detailed directions please visit our directions to Birmingham airport page, or consult the map below, before beginning your journey.
Parking at Birmingham airport
Having reached Birmingham airport, youll need to make use of the parking services to pick up a passenger from an inbound flight. Its no fun waiting around or paying extra fees that you dont need, so use our guide to make sure that you choose the right parking option:
- Drop and go Perfect for quick stops, you can pay £1 for up to ten minutes at a drop and go point adjacent to the terminal.*
- Short and Medium Stay 1, 2 and 3 These multi-storey car parks are a short walk from the terminal, and are positioned close to the arrivals area. They are Park Mark Safer Parking accredited, and can be pre-booked online or by phone, or in person on the day.
- Motorcycle parking If you are picking someone up on a motorcycle, use multi-storey car park 3, a short walk from the terminal building.
*Prices shown correct as of August 27, 2013.
Public transport from Birmingham airport
When you arrive back at Birmingham airport you might be feeling tired after a long holiday fortunately, there are plenty of convenient public transport options to ensure that youre on your way in plenty of time.
You can leave Birmingham airport the following ways:
Train. Birmingham International Station links the airport to more than 100 towns and cities. Train operators run regular services to destinations like London, Manchester and Bournemouth, and the free Air-Rail Link system will transport you from the airport to the station.
Bus or coach. You can reach the airport via one of the following bus services: 900, 966, 777 or 97. Long distance coach services can also be booked in advance, if you have further to travel.
Taxi. Located directly outside the arrivals area, black cabs carrying up to six passengers can be found at all hours. These official taxis are able to carry wheelchairs, and are the only taxis licensed to operate from the airport without prior booking.