Alicante is a lively and welcoming city, offering much more than just glorious weather and sparkling waters. With an airport nearby and easy access to Benidorm, youll never be short on things to do.
Enjoy tapas on the beach as the sun goes down
Alicante has been immortalised by the words of many great writers, and not without reason. Its a stunning city on the long stretch of Mediterranean coast known as the Costa Blanca, with an enviable combination of historical landmarks and rich natural beauty. Take a stroll down palm tree-lined beaches or visit the Island of Tabarca its not a bad choice to have.
If youve had enough of the beach sports and tranquil waters, take the plunge into the city centre. You can go shopping with the kids or relax in an open-air café, or try something more alternative like a visit to the chocolate museum. The Costa Blanca is a vibrant area, with plenty of opportunities for holidaymakers to travel further afield and experience even more of Spain.
Top 5 activities in Alicante
Embrace the easy-going Alicante lifestyle by taking part in as many of the activities as possible. Heres some of our top choices:
- Bullfighting is an art form in Spain, so visit an event or the Bullfighting Museum
- Try something different like kite sand boarding
- The Aqualandia water park is one of Europes most thrilling
- Go horse riding on the sandy beaches or the inspiring mountains
- See whats beneath the surface by scuba diving in the Mediterranean Sea
Top 5 things to see in Alicante
Alicantes past is as colourful as its present, and there are plenty of iconic landmarks to see, as well as lesser known gems to discover. Be sure to visit these attractions:
- The Castle of Santa Barbara is a huge fortress. Located on Mount Benecantil, youll have fantastic views of the city and surrounding area
- Explore the Old Town, where the Gravina Palace exhibits a rich selection of Spanish artworks
- Visit San Juan Beach you dont have to do anything, just watch the world go by on one of Europes best-loved beaches
- The Tabarca Island is filled with exotic wildlife. The surrounding waters have been declared a Mediterranean marine nature reserve
- Slip into St Marys Church, a cathedral showing Gothic architecture at its finest