If the sun-drenched Mediterranean is your locale of choice, theres no better destination than Barcelona. Traverse the city streets getting your fill of iconic structures and artwork, then cool off in the calming tranquil waters.
Enjoy tapas in the Bohemian bars of Barcelona
Barcelona is famous for a variety of reasons. Its the home of one of the worlds great football teams, has been planned by renowned architects like Gaudi and contains some of Europes most pulsating nightclubs. Theres enough to keep you occupied for a lifetime of holidays, and those after a touch of relaxation can stretch out on expansive white beaches.
A favourite for individual, group and family holidays, Barcelona truly has something for everyone. Within the city centre you can get your fill of boutique shopping, and the atmospheric tapas bars are perfect for whiling away evenings. As one of Spains premier cities, there are convenient transport links to wherever you need to go, from Venice to Madrid.
Top 5 must-sees in Barcelona
Barcelona is a beautifully colourful city, with a wealth of different things to see. Heres a few that no holidaymaker should miss:
- View the city itself at sunset on a peaceful evening cruise
- Stroll through the cobbled streets of the medieval Gothic quarter
- All of Gaudis works are fantastic, but the unfinished Sagrada Familia church is endlessly inspiring
- The limestone pinnacles and caves of Montserrat make for an exciting day trip from Barcelona
- Watch a football match at the stunning Camp Nou stadium, the home of Barcelona FC
Barcelonas best beaches
Located on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea, Barcelona has every kind of beach you could want. Here are some of our favourites:
- Sant Sebastià is the closest beach to the city centre, and is adored by tourists and locals alike
- Barceloneta has been voted the third best beach in the world, and is lined with bars and restaurants
- A paved walkway along its centre makes Bogatell Beach ideal for early morning jogs
- For a slightly quieter and more secluded experience, Llevant sits on Barcelonas northern coast
- For something a little different, Nova Mar Bella is a well-known naturist beach