Sip rum under the harbour lights
Bridgetown is a thriving city in the heart of the Caribbean. Whether youre a solo traveller captivated by the historical colonial architecture, or taking the kids for a dip in the clear Caribbean Sea, theres enough to keep you busy for a lifetime of holidays. A tempting range of tours are available you can stroll past sights like Heroes Square and the Jewish Synagogue, or watch the production of rum at the Mount Gay Distillery. Sports-minded holidaymakers can peruse cricket at Kensington Oval, while those out for a relaxing trip can recline in a deckchair at one of the citys many friendly clubs.
With such an extravagant choice of things to do, places to dine, and cocktails to sip, its useful to have a plan when visiting Bridgetown. Weve listed some of our favourite attractions below just remember to sit back and enjoy yourself!
Top 10 things to do in Bridgetown
You can have as active or relaxing a holiday as you want in Bridgetown. Heres our top ten activities to pencil into your itinerary.
- Learn to scuba dive on a Dive Boat Safari
- Visit the Barbados Museum
- Leave the world behind on a submarine excursion
- Wander down Baxters Road: the street that never sleeps
- Catch a test match at Kensington Oval
- Watch horse racing at the Barbados Garrison
- See boats go by at the Careenage
- Take a short excursion to see the natural beauty of Harrisons Cave
- The iconic Parliament buildings are open to the public
- Engage in water sports at the Boatyard
Top 5 places to unwind
The laidback Caribbean vibe draws plenty of people to Bridgetown. The citys full of hidden gems, from soulful bars to exquisite restaurants. Leave your worries behind in one of our top picks.
- The Boatyard is a beach resort by day, and live entertainment club by night
- Stretch out on the luxurious Batts Rock Beach
- Harbour Lights is the nightclub of choice for younger groups
- Put your feet up at the Waterfront Café, which serves fresh seafood and overlooks the Careenage
- Try aromatic rum at Mount Gay the worlds oldest rum refinery.