Hurghada in Egypt is only about a hundred years old, but has grown into one of the Red Seas most thriving tourist hotspots, full of smart hotels. Its stunning coral reefs attract divers, and the turquoise waters are great for windsurfing.
Dine, dance the night away or doze in the shade - whatever you choose
There are also bustling bazaars where you can barter for souvenirs, an excellent choice of restaurants and plenty of vibrant nightclubs. Or if you just want to sunbathe, the golden sands are the perfect place to do it.
5 things to try in Hurghada
- Take a sightseeing tour. This three-hour trip takes in the Big Mosque, St Marys Church, the port area and the bazaars. It also stops at the highest point in the city so you can enjoy panoramic views of Hurghada
- Go diving - Hurghada has some of the best sites in the world
- Go quad biking in the desert
- Visit the aquarium to see the huge variety of marine life found in the Red Sea
- Take a trip in the Sinbad Submarine and admire the underwater world through the windows
Top 5 Hurghada trips
- Bedouin barbecue - A 4x4 will take you into the desert, where youll get to meet Bedouin desert-dwellers and share a sunset barbecue with them
- Mahmaya Island - Sunbathe, swim in the crystal clear waters or go snorkelling
- Makadi Water World - This water park is a great day out for the kids. All right, for everyone
- Cairo - Take a day trip to the Egyptian capital and visit the Great Pyramids, the Sphinx and the Egyptian Museum, which houses the treasures of King Tutankhamun
- Fantasia 1001 Show - Tuck into a Moroccan dinner before enjoying a sound and light show, acrobatic displays on horseback and a bellydancing show