Miami has long held a reputation for laid-back style, from the surfers and rollerskaters of Miami Beach to the dedicated shoppers on Ocean Drive. Its also the home of the Heat - both the citys NBA basketball team and consistently good weather, even in winter.
A new world of fusion cuisine, culture and crystal waters
Miamis got everything you need: family-friendly beaches and activities, some of the best shopping and relaxation spots, and fine dining, no matter what you feel like eating. There are also plenty of chances to get out and explore, as Miami has one of the biggest public transport systems in the world.
The weather in Miami is hot all year round, and high temperatures are frequently above 20 degrees during winter. There is the occasional cold snap, so its always best to check the forecast before you finish packing your case.
Top 5 Miami beaches
The main attraction of sunny Miami is the stretches of golden sand, and the Miami Beach area is a separate region in its own right. These are some of the best beaches in the city:
- Top up your tan on the world-famous South Beach
- Enjoy a free concert at the North Beach Bandshell
- Walk the pier at Sunny Isles Beach - its been there since 1936
- Crandon Park on Key Biscayne is one of the most family friendly
- Matheson Hammock has stunning views of the bay
Top 5 Miami things to do
Many holidaymakers come to Miami to relax - but if youre feeling more energetic then you wont get bored. Be sure to give at least one of these trips and activities a go:
- See the city from the air on a balloon ride
- Pick up your souvenirs at the massive Aventura Mall
- Get closer to the wildlife at Miamis zoo and seaquarium
- Try a jet ski, a banana boat or a kayak at Miami Beach
- Visit Cuba without leaving Miami in Little Havana