Theres plenty to do at Liverpool John Lennon airport, from duty free shopping to fine dining. But after your inbound flight youll want to have a plan in place for leaving, so that you can get home in good time, without hassle. You can use the live flights feed on this page to monitor the status of all inbound flights perfect if youre picking someone up from the airport and the form on the right can be used to find the schedule for your specific flight.
Driving to Liverpool airport
Located within easy reach of three motorways, Liverpool airport is simple to get to by car. If youre picking up a passenger returning from a holiday it helps to be prepared though, to avoid them having to spend time waiting at the terminal. Your route will depend on where youre leaving from:
- North and north-east Take the M6 southbound to junction 21A, leaving on the slip road signposted for Liverpool. Follow the M63 west to junction 6, then go from the A5300 to the A561, using the signs to find the airport.
- South and east Simply join the M6 northbound and change onto the M56 at junction 20. At junction 12 join the A557/A562 dual-carriageway, and follow until it merges with the A561. Youll find the airport on Speke Hall Avenue.
- North Wales Join the M56 eastbound from the A55. You can then follow the directions listed above for passengers from the south and east.
As Liverpool airport is well signposted you should be able to find it with ease. Having a sat nav can always make things simpler you can find the airport with the postcode: L24 1YD. Once you arrive the terminal is easy to find, and as theres only one, you wont end up in the wrong place.
Visit our directions to Liverpool airport page for more detailed instructions, or see the map below.
Liverpool airport: parking
You might want to arrive well in advance, to make sure that you pick your friend or family member up on time, or to reach the airport around the same time that they do. The variety of parking options available means that you can do either without paying over the odds choose your option from below:
- Express drop-off and pick-up Located opposite the terminal building, this car park is perfect for quickly picking up passengers from inbound flights. Your first five minutes in the parking area is free, and you can then top up at a pay station for each additional ten-minute period spent waiting.*
- Multi-storey and Short-Stay car park If you need a little longer to pick your passenger up, or their inbound flight is delayed, this car park offers inexpensive rates from just £2 for every 20 minutes.* There is a height restriction of 1.95 metres, and you could save money by booking in advance.
*Prices shown correct as of August 27, 2013.
Public transport from Liverpool airport
Liverpool airport is connected to a wide range of towns and cities in the area by excellent public transport links. Its also easy to travel further away, whether youre going to London or Edinburgh.
The following public transport options are available:
- Train. You can catch one of the regular buses from the airport to a local railway station, like Liverpool South Parkway and Liverpool Hunts Cross. From there, transport links are available to destinations throughout the UK.
- Bus and coach. As well as the train stations, buses from Liverpool airport travel to a variety of places, including Liverpool city centre. If youve further to travel, you can pre-book a coach to Manchester city centre, or other mainland UK locations.
- Taxi. Taxis are easy to hail from the airport, and can take you to the surrounding areas. Both Hackney cabs and private hire vehicles are available.