Terms and conditions
As the market leader, we aim to provide you with the best products, the best service and great prices. Our intention is to consistently exceed your expectations, and give you confidence when you book with us. For specific terms and conditions of our products, please select from the list below:
This section draws your attention to key points relating to your booking.
What to take with you when you travel: Please ensure you have a copy of your booking confirmation or your booking reference with you when you travel. This will identify you as a Holiday Extras® customer and enable the service provider to verify your booking. If you have booked a car park where you will need to use your credit card to get in and out, please ensure you have with you the credit card you booked with.
Problems when using the services:
- If you encounter a problem at your Holiday Extras location, please tell the service provider immediately to give them the opportunity to rectify the problem.
- If you do not tell the provider at the time it may be difficult to pursue a complaint at a later stage. Our service providers will do their utmost to assist with any given request, however, assistance cannot be guaranteed.
- Please put any outstanding issues in writing (with receipts if appropriate) to: Customer relations, Holiday Extras, Ashford Road, Newingreen, Hythe, Kent, CT21 4JF; email us at email@example.com or fill out our online complaint form within six weeks of your return from holiday.
Call monitoring and recording: As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest standards of service, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
Best Price Guarantee
We check over 100 prices a week to bring you some unbeatable deals. We're so confident we're the cheapest, that if you find the same parking or hotel product or package of products on sale elsewhere for less within seven days of making and paying for your booking with Holiday Extras, we'll refund the difference, subject to the following terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions (airport parking, port parking, airport hotels, port hotels and airport lounges):
1. The parking, hotel or lounge product or package of products that you are comparing must be the same in every respect as that which you bought from Holiday Extras.
2. Where multiple rooms are booked each room is regarded as a separate product.
3. You must make your claim within seven days of making and paying for your booking with Holiday Extras.
4. Successful claims will not be paid until after the return date originally booked.
5. You must use the products or package of products as per the booking against which you are making your claim.
6. Cancellation of the booking cancels your right to claim under this guarantee.
7. Comparison prices must be listed and quoted in pounds sterling.
The following exclusions apply to price comparisons that will be considered as part of any claim made under this guarantee in respect of airport parking, port parking, airport hotel, port hotel and lounge bookings:
1. Prices from other suppliers that are conditional on buying other products
2. Prices that are part of a customer loyalty, members or loyalty reward scheme
3. Prices that are part of a staff discount scheme
4. Prices that are part of any other discount or special offer deal
5. Combined hotel-with-parking products
Our suppliers' reservation and booking systems can vary in the way they round up or round down the VAT element of the total price payable. Because of this, our Best Price Guarantee will not apply to price differences of five pence or less where we have established that the VAT calculation is the sole reason for the difference.
If you think that you have found the same product or package of products cheaper elsewhere then call us on 0871 360 2100 and let us know. Please make sure that the product or package of products that you are comparing is identical in all respects, and that it meets the terms above. If there is any variation then we cannot match the price or refund the cost.
When calculating the Best Price Guarantee we consider only the price of the product or package of products, not any additional fees or charges e.g. credit card or PayPal surcharges.
Prices can go up or down.
Holiday Extras® is committed to providing the highest standards and the best choice of products, at great prices. Throughout the year we continually review our products and prices. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers. In some circumstances prices may go up between the time you looked for your initial quote and the time you make your booking.
Prices include VAT: All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT at the current rate. Hotel prices are given in £s per person per night (twin prices are based on two adults sharing) or £s per room per night; parking prices are given in £s per vehicle per whole or part day / 24 hour basis; airport lounge prices are given in £s per person.
Credit card, debit card and PayPal surcharges: We reserve the right to levy non-refundable surcharges for payment by PayPal, debit or credit card. The scale of these will be clearly notified to you before any booking is confirmed. Your payment will appear on your statement as Holiday Extras. Paypal, credit card and debit card surcharges applied by us at the time of booking will be refunded if that booking is part of a successful Best Price Guarantee claim.
Cancellation, amendments and refunds
All cancellations and amendments to your booking must be made through Holiday Extras, and are subject to the conditions set out in the cancellation policy below. Bookings made with a PayPal payment can only be amended online.
Hotel and hotel-with-parking bookings:
- You cannot get a refund or amend a hotel or hotel-with-parking booking the day before your stay, or anytime thereafter.
- Where it is possible to cancel a booking and obtain a refund, you will be charged a cancellation fee of £15. Any refund due to you will be paid within 28 days of the date on which you cancelled your booking.
- Where any amendment to a booking reduces the total number of rooms or nights required, you will be charged a cancellation fee of £15 per room, per night.
- If you park your car before the arrival date/time printed on your booking confirmation then you may have to pay the car park or hotel locally for any additional parking time at their published.
- If you collect your car before the departure date or time printed on your booking confirmation then you will not receive a refund for the unused time.
- If you collect your car after the departure date or time printed on your booking confirmation then you will have to pay the car park or hotel locally for any additional parking time at their published.
Parking only bookings:
- You cannot get a refund or amend a parking booking in the 24 hours prior to the arrival date/time printed on your booking confirmation, or at any time thereafter.
- Where it is possible to cancel a booking and obtain a refund, you will be charged a cancellation fee of £9.50. Any refund due to you will be paid within 28 days of the date on which you cancelled your booking.
- If you park your car before the arrival date/time printed on your booking confirmation then you may have to pay the car park locally for any additional parking time at their published.
- If you collect your car before the departure date/time printed on your booking confirmation then you will not receive a refund for the unused time.
- If you collect your car after the departure date/time printed on your booking confirmation then you will have to pay the car park locally for any additional parking time at their published.
- Bookings made at the special 'advanced purchase' price cannot be amended, and no refund will be given if the booking is cancelled.
Paypal refunds are limited to a two-year period once the payment has been taken. After this date, bookings are non-cancellable and no refund will be given. If you have a "Supersaver", "Non-flexible" or "Advance purchase" booking, standard terms and conditions apply.
"Supersaver", "Non-flexible" and "Advance purchase" special prices:
- Products booked at these special prices cannot be amended or cancelled, and no refunds can be given.
- Bookings that are made under a concessionary basis can only be used by the travel agent making the booking. Please take a wage slip or other proof of employment with you as the car park may ask to see this.
- You cannot get a refund or amend a lounge booking in the 24 hours prior to the arrival date/time printed on your booking confirmation, or at any time thereafter.
- There is no penalty for cancelling or amending your lounge booking before this period.
Changes and cancellations made by us:
Occasionally, we have to make changes and correct errors on websites and brochures and other details, both before and after bookings have been confirmed. We reserve the right to do this and to amend and cancel confirmed bookings. If we have to make a significant change, i.e. a change of accommodation or parking, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Where possible we will do so before your departure and we will offer you a choice from the following:
(a) accepting the changed arrangements, or
(b) choosing an alternative product of a similar standard (for less expensive products we will offer a refund of the difference), or
(c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation, in which case you will receive a full and prompt refund of all monies you have paid to us.
In the event of disruption caused by natural phenomena including, but not limited to, volcanic activity and adverse weather conditions, our normal cancellation and refund terms will apply.
Cancellation Charge Waiver
You must select and pay for the Cancellation Charge Waiver when you make your booking. This will protect you if you subsequently cancel your booking in accordance with our Cancellation Policy, and Holiday Extras' normal cancellation charges (£9.50 parking, £15 hotels and hotels-with-parking) will not apply.
Please note that you may not, in certain circumstances, cancel or amend your booking (see Cancellation Policy above). In these cases you will not receive a refund and you will be charged the full cost of your booking including the cost of the Cancellation Charge Waiver.
The cancellation protection offered by the Cancellation Charge Waiver is not available if you are booking for the same day or the next day.
The Cancellation Charge Waiver fee is non-refundable, except when part of a successful Best Price Guarantee claim.
Entry and exit procedures
These vary at each car park. Please see information on your confirmation. If you are charged by the car park because you do not follow the correct entry or exit procedures or present your booking confirmation, Holiday Extras may not be able to obtain refunds on your behalf.
Park and Ride transfers
Transfers to and from the airport are included in the Holiday Extras price, unless stated otherwise, or unless the car park is within walking distance of the airport terminal. Please make sure you have the transfer schedule for your car park and that the times of operation suit your requirements.
Meet and Greet parking
If you have booked this service, (where you are met at the terminal by a driver who takes your car away to secured storage for you, and your car is brought to the terminal for you on your return), you may need to reconfirm your booking direct with the parking operator prior to your date of travel, giving your Holiday Extras booking reference. Please check your booking confirmation for details. Supplements may be charged for service outside normal hours and on all public and bank holidays. These are payable directly to the parking operator.
Minimum stays and charges apply at some car parks. Should you wish to stay for fewer days, you may, but the cost of the minimum duration is payable. This is made clear during the booking process. Daily prices may vary according to the date and length of stay. Stays of fewer than eight days may attract a higher daily rate.
In the interests of efficient operation you must be prepared to leave your car keys with car park staff if asked to do so. Where disabled facilities are provided, please ensure these are suitable for your individual needs.
All parking is subject to the terms and conditions of the individual car park. These are available separately on request from the car park operator. Ensure no valuables are left in the vehicle, as Holiday Extras will not accept liability. Parking is always at the vehicle owner's risk.
High-sided or unusually wide vehicles
Not all car parks can accommodate these and those that can may charge more than the standard advertised price. Please check with Holiday Extras before booking by calling our award-winning call centre on 0871 360 2300 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional products or services may be offered to you as an upgrade or addition to your original, primary purchase. The terms and conditions of the primary purchase shall apply to your entire booking, except where the upgrade(s) is/are specified within these terms and conditions, upon which the secondary purchase terms and conditions shall also apply.
Holiday Extras SMS service
When you subscribe to this service you accept these terms and conditions.
The Holiday Extras SMS Service (the service) is provided as an additional source of travel and flight information. It is not intended to be authoritative and should only be used as a guide in conjunction with other sources of information. The service is based on fast-moving real-time information supplied by third parties and its delivery is subject to the availability and operation of mobile networks, and as such no warranty or guarantee can be offered regarding its accuracy, completeness or timely delivery.
The service is provided by Mantic Systems Limited on behalf of Holiday Extras. Holiday Extras will endeavour to provide the service in an uninterrupted and timely manner and will take reasonable steps to correct any errors, omissions or delays. Holiday Extras will provide the service from the time you subscribe until the close of the specified service.
You agree that you will: co-operate with Holiday Extras, provide accurate information, only provide details of your own mobile phone number and email address, and ensure your telephone can receive SMS messages.
You agree that Holiday Extras may send you SMS messages and emails regarding the service, improvements to the service and other services Holiday Extras believes may be of interest to you.
If your mobile phone is supplied by a UK provider then you should not be charged for receiving these messages, but you are responsible for checking this before you subscribe.
Holiday Extras liability in connection with the service, however arising, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible at law (but there is no limit to its liability for death, personal injury or fraudulent misrepresentation) and is in all cases limited to the price paid for the service.
Holiday Extras warrants that it complies with the Data Protection Act.
Holiday Extras will use data to provide the service, for market research including statistical analysis of subscriber behaviour, and to send you details of services. All messages will contain details of how to remove your data. Your customer information will not be passed on for use by third parties.
Holiday Extras shall have no liability to you if events beyond its control prevent it from performing its obligations.
These terms are subject to English law and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts. Holiday Extras may assign or otherwise transfer its obligations at any time. If any part of these terms are found to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall remain in force.
Our SMS Traffic Assistant and Flight Information text messages are non-refundable and non-amendable once they have been added to your booking.
No refunds will be issued even if this service is cancelled.
Postal booking confirmations
When purchased as an addition to the standard email confirmation, postal confirmations will be sent out on the first working day after a booking was made. If the date of travel is within seven days of the booking date then confirmation will be sent by first class mail, otherwise it will be sent out by second class mail.
Customers booking via our telephone call centre may be offered guaranteed next-day or trackable delivery services at an additional charge.
In all cases, HolidayExtras.com does not accept any liability as a result of any failure of the postal services to meet their stated level of service.
All postal fees are non-refundable.
Duplicate confirmations will be charged at the standard rate of 99p and will be sent by first class post only.
SMS/text message confirmations
If you purchase our SMS/text message confirmation service then, in addition to your email/postal confirmation, we will send you brief details of your booking by SMS/ text message.
We will only send your confirmation text to you once. If you change your booking, we will not send you another text message.
We are not liable if you do not receive the text message or if you give us the wrong number.
This service provides a convenient summary of your booking but for full details, including directions and booking conditions, you must refer to your email or postal confirmation.
Contact Holiday Extras
Main switchboard: Tel: 01303 815300
Booking inquiries: Tel: 0871 360 2300
Calls cost up to 10p per minute from a BT landline. Charges from mobiles and other networks may vary.
By post: Holiday Extras, Ashford Road, Newingreen, Hythe, Kent CT21 4JF