- 84% of customers who left a review for Newcastle Airport Lounges would book again
- 381 customers have given an average rating of
- Aspire Plus Always use the Aspire Plus Lounge. It avoids the general melee that is the rest of the catering options at Newcastle Airport. The Lounge facilities are more than adequate for our needs. Could do with a buzzer or bell or something to communicate with the (normally) pleasant and helpful staff as they operate between the two Lounges.
Herr Eisenreich 28 Jul, 2019out of 5
- Aspire Plus When we arrived our table was reserved for us which was a nice touch. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The lounge was busy but peaceful. The drinks were very nice including a couple of glasses of prosecco. The only issue I have is the food offering, it is definitely improved but could be better. The brand of crisps they have are soggy and it would be nice to have a selection of healthy foods such as salad or fruit salad, but overall an improvement.
Frau Riwers 22 Jul, 2019out of 5
- Aspire Plus We have used the lounge at Newcastle and always rated it a 10
Herr Treese 11 Jul, 2019out of 5
- Aspire Plus Have used the VIP plus the last few times we have flown from Newcastle, always find all staff very friendly, professional, make you feel at ease, we have always managed to get a pod which is a great experience to enable you to chill before your flight
Frau Maclellan 12 Jul, 2019out of 5
- Aspire Plus Very pleasant lounge. Helpful staff. Good food. Great drink selection. Relaxing.
Herr Bieber 20 Jun, 2019out of 5
- Aspire Plus The facilities were exactly as described. A little understaffed, but those on duty did a fantastic job in a busy lounge. Very relaxing for someone travelling alone.
Herr Heuer 20 Jun, 2019out of 5
- Aspire Plus Excellent facilities as always. The staff were so helpful and courteous. Only one complaint is that a few people who were in the Aspire lounge made there way through to the Aspire+ lounge via the walkway through from the toilets.
Herr Hahn-Graw 16 Jun, 2019out of 5
- Aspire Plus Places reserved prior to our arrival which helped as lounge very busy. Great service with a smile
Herr Chalabis 05 Jun, 2019out of 5
- Aspire Plus Perfect start for holiday. Peaceful and well stocked lounge. Helpful staff who kept everywhere clean and tidy
Mrs Booth 29 Jan, 2019out of 5
- Aspire Plus No probs with aspire plus lounge good breakfast. Easy parking
Mr Raine 17 Dec, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus This was recommended to me by a colleague and I was a little disappointed as I booked this for my husband's birthday. I thought there would be a dedicated member of staff / bar tender due to the cost of the lounge 'plus'. We were left unsure of what to do once we had gained entry and each time we went to the bar we had to wait for someone to serve. Towards the end of our allotted time the female who served our drinks apologised for our wait and explained a member of staff had called in sick. I mentioned in conversation I had booked as a surprise for my husband's birthday. Once she had served me she brought over a plate of cakes and wished him happy birthday which I thought was a really nice gesture and much appreciated. Unfortunately I did not get her name but this meant we left with a more positive outlook than we could have.
Due to the experience and the additional expense of this, compared to the lounge, I am not sure if I would book again.
Mrs Pocklington 04 Dec, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus Staff were very friendly,the lounge was excellent, there was lots of food to choose from, I would highly recommend it
Mrs Burney 18 Nov, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus Again friendly pleasant staff and lovely service, a good selection of food and drinks. Great value for money as always.
Mrs Thompson 28 Oct, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus Lovely quiet lounge everything to hand made the start of our holiday relaxing will be using again
Mrs Pearson 28 Oct, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus All went smoothly staff were great very comfortable atmosphere, perhaps food on offer could've been a bit better but all in all a great experience
Mr Davidson 23 Oct, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus Everything was fine ... Would have liked a few food alternatives. Warm food is the curry was of low quality.. Most of everything else was ok
Mr Benson 18 Oct, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus Nice food, comfortable surroundings but unfortunately not very accomodating waitress.
Mrs Henderson 10 Oct, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus The Aspire Plus Lounge has always provided the ideal relaxation space prior to a holiday or business flight. Always well-stocked, friendly helpful staff and clean and cleared tables available. Contrasts starkly with the mess you are normally presented with at many of the other food and drink outlets available in Newcastle Airport. May not be value for money for everyone but for the above reasons, we now use it prior to every flight.
Mr Rowell 07 Oct, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus Welcome was friendly and professional, range of seating options. Had trouble with WiFi connection... but other people seemed ok. Drinks were served promptly and you could help yourself to a range of soft drinks beers and wine. 3 white two rose and two red ... Red wine was good,. three beer choices. My main let down was the food.... I choose to go in the premium lounge so I wouldnâ€™t have to fight for a table in the main airport, or with stag and hen doos in the ordinary lounge, whilst having some half decent food. The first bit I did get... the lounge was quiet, but I have to say the food offer was quite low quality, appeared like supermarket ready meal quality and not premium at all. Ready made salads, rices etc on the salad bar, mass made scones, food not replenished. Had to wait 45 mins for the mains to be filled. No pakoras or samosas at all for the whole of time we were there( one main was a feeble chicken curry) the other Mac and cheese. On the basis that these things just needed heating through I felt that bit of the service was a let down.
Mrs Palmer 08 Oct, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus A very pleasant experience. Definitely worth the money for the peace alone.
Food and drink fine too.
Staff very helpful.
Mrs Straughan 01 Oct, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus We are frequent users of the Aspire plus lounge, we were very disappointed on our last visit, the lounge did not meet with the high stardards we are use too..
The lounges had obviously been overbooked, and the overflow from the Aspire lounge were filtered into the aAspire plus lounge.. this was obviously acceptable to those individuals but not to those "like us" who had paid the premium to be in the Plus lounge, there were not seats available, the food was cold and not re-stocked, the member of staff spent more time complaining rather than just getting on with his work.. guest were clearing and cleaning tables themselves, the staff observed this action on several occasions, and mockingly ask if the guest clearing the tables wanted a job.. we had noticed during our two previous visits this year that the standards had dropped, we put this down to a glitch.. unfortunately after our last (3rd) visit to the Aspire plus lounge this year, we have seen enough.. we will not be returning which is a real shame as we have many happy memories of using this service, all we ask is for a little comfort, a little food and a few drinks, none of these were met.. We have flown business with Emirates, on our visit we observed Emerates business and 1st class passengers struggling to find seats.. shocking..
Mr Ray 25 Sep, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus Aspire Extra was brilliant it really started our holiday off well, the food was great the staff were very friendly and helpful and the lounge itself was very comfortable Iâ€™m pleased we tried it and will certainly be using it again. Xx
Mrs Pugh 24 Sep, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus Poor selection of food and not enough staff on duty. We also usd the lounge at Larnaca airport on return and their food selection was much better
Mrs Young 21 Sep, 2018out of 5
- Aspire Plus Great afternoon grazing and drinking relaxing start to holiday
Mrs Stevens 20 Sep, 2018out of 5