Cairns Airport Transfers
Off to stunning Queensland? Our Cairns Airport transfers take you from the terminal to the door of your resort in as little as 15 minutes, with prices starting from under £25.00 and FREE cancellations up to 3 days before your departure date.
North east Queensland is home to the beautiful city of Cairns, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest, and hub of vibrant nightlife and multicultural cuisine and cultures. With our Cairns Airport transfers, you can be from the terminal to the door of your resort in a quarter of an hour, with a wide range of drop off and pick up points across the region, including Cairns city centre, Port Douglas, Palm Cove and Trinity beach.
We compare 100s of transfers from Cairns Airport to bring you the very best deals and range of vehicles. Whether you're on a budget or travelling in style, we have got a huge choice of shared and private options. Our vehicles are all in fantastic condition, under five years old and with air conditioning, and we only work with trusted and top rated providers. So, essentially, you can relax in the knowledge that your transfer is in great hands.
Compare cheap Cairns Airport Transfers
|Drop Off Location||Journey time||Price per person|
|Cairns city||25 minutes||£22.27 (Economy minivan for 7 people)|
|Cairns city||15 minutes||£36.40 (Private car for 3 people)|
|Cairns city||40 minutes||£58.00 (Shared shuttle bus)|
|Port Douglas||1 hour 5 minutes||£56.97 (Private minibus for 6 people)|
|Palm Cove||30 minutes||£51.70 (Private car for 3 people)|
|Trinity Beach||30 minutes||£79.63 (Private economy car for 2 people)|
A World of Possibilities
If Cairns floats your boat, take a look at our other Australia Airport transfers page to explore more of what this incredible country has to offer.
Worldwide Airport Transfers
We also offer transfers to destinations all over the world, from Boston to Beijing, Prague to Phuket. Take a look here for our full range.
How Does It All Work?
What happens once I've booked my transfers from Cairns Airport?
- Use our awesome booking engine (at the top of the page) to find you transfers from Cairns Airport. You will then receive an email confirmation.
- Make sure that you print off a copy and take it with you when you travel as you will need it when you take your transfer.
- Sit back, relax, and start dreaming of the Land Down Under.
- No really, it's that simple.
What happens when I arrive at the airport?
We know that after spending a frankly ridiculous amount of time in a plane, the last thing that you want to be doing is hanging around in the airport for your transfer, so we've made the whole process straight-forward and hassle free.
- When you touch down in Cairns, make your way through to the arrivals hall.
- Keep an eye out for your driver or representative, who will be waiting for you either in the hall or at a designated desk-specific details depend on which transfer you have chosen and will be listed on your confirmation.
- You will need to show or hand over your confirmation, but make sure you keep you hold of the return section for your journey back to the airport.
Uh oh, my flight's delayed!
If your plane is delayed, simply call the number on your confirmation as soon as you can and let your provider know what's happening. They'll make sure that someone is waiting for you when you arrive.
When It's Time To Come Home
When it's time to say farewell to Cairns, your return transfer to the airport is all taken care of. You will be picked up at the port or a nearby location (full details will be on your confirmation and agreed with your driver).
We suggest that you're packed and ready to go 15 minutes before the pick up time on your confirmation, that way everything runs smoothly.
Bordered by two incredible natural wonders, the Great Barrier Reef on one side and the Daintree Rainforest on the other, Cairns is a destination that feels wild. It goes without saying that a trip to the reef is a must do, to see the stunning wildlife and unique ecosystems in this special part of the world. The environment is very precious, and fragile, so try to choose a tour operator who focuses on preserving this beautiful environment for future generations, so that we can enjoy it for years to come. The Daintree is a similarly awe-inspiring sight, a lush dense, green carpet of trees and plants, home to a myriad of native and exotic species of birds, bugs and mammals.
The city itself is a metropolitan dream, with exciting and varied nightlife and a thrumming food scene. An evening stroll along the harbourfront is a blissful way to end a day of exploring and adventuring, and the beaches around the city are postcard-perfect.
About Our Transfers
Things to Know Before you Go
The great thing about our transfers is that they save you the hassle of having to hail a taxi at the airport. Once you get to arrivals, the taxi rank can get pretty busy, meaning long lines and longer waits. Pre-booking your transfer from Cairns Airport means that you can just hop in and beat the crowds. You'll be exploring the city streets before you know it.
Your driver will always aim to drop you off as near to your accommodation as possible, but occasionally due to other factors, such as pedestrianised areas or vehicle size, it's difficult to get right to the front door. In this instance, you will be dropped of at a nearby, convenient location.
If you're travelling with young children and wish for them to have a car seat, you will need to provide one yourself.
- Our budget friendly Cairns Airport transfers are our shared shuttles and economy minivans. This is a shared transfer, so you will be travelling with other passengers, and might make a few stops on the way to your resort. There may also be a wait at the terminal of up to 50 minutes for everyone to arrive.
- Our private cars are the fast, convenient and low cost way for small groups to start their trip. Think of them as our version of a Cairns Airport taxi, dropping you off at the door of your resort, without the wait at the terminal. There's the added benefit of knowing that everything is arranged and paid for up front, so there'll be no surprise extras costs when you reach your hotel.
- Larger groups should take a look at our minibuses. Great for parties of up to 11, they ensure that everyone arrives at your resort together.
That's just a taster of what we offer. Details of all of our airport transfer vehicles can be found here.
Why choose Holiday Extras?
- 36 years of experience helping customers with their travel extras.
- With just the click of a button, you can compare 100s of airport transfers.
- Call centre available 24/7.
- Trusted by the leading travel international companies.
- Our transfer providers are all tested and top rated. We only work with the very best.
- Unbeatable range of transfer vehicles, so whether you're flying solo or on a big group getaway, we've got the perfect transfer for you.
Need any help?
Need help with your Cairns Airport transfers? You ccan contact our friendly team here.
Prices correct at time of writing. Subject to change according to availability. FREE cancellations valid on all bookings up to 72 hours before you travel.Top