Loading, please wait...
Hiring a car in Orlando, Florida is the only way to truly experience what this great city and the surrounding area has to offer. From theme parks and water parks, to the home of Universal Studios Orlando, the Florida Keys, and miles and miles of golden sands; there is something for everyone of every age. With our hassle-free cheap car hire, we'll get you on the road quickly and easily, so you can enjoy all that Orlando has to offer at your own pace and in your own way.
With Holiday Extras you can find great deals on car hire from Orlando Airport and a number of locations across the city using our simple booking engine.
3 steps to cheap car hire
- Search - fill out your details above and click search to compare
- Select - choose the car you want to hire
- Book - with our secure payment system
How it Works
Once your payment has been authorised you will receive an email confirmation with your booking reference number. Keep all the information on your booking confirmation handy as you will need it along with your other documents when you collect the car at your destination. We also have a useful checklist to make sure you have everything you need before you set off.
If you wish to speak to an advisor, you can contact our dedicated car hire team on 0800 804 7362. Alternatively you can contact us online here with any queries you may have.
If you're looking simply for transportation to your resort, Holiday Extras provides great deals on resort transfers. As well as this, you can take also out holiday insurance, giving you further peace of mind should you run into any unforeseen problems.
At Holiday Extras we want to make your trip as hassle free as possible, so you can hit the road happy. If you're flying from a UK airport; we could help you save up to 60% on airport parking, airport hotels and airport lounges, too.
Orlando car rental locations
Hiring a car from Orlando Airport is one of the most popular choices and you can find some fantastic deals for your next trip across the pond.
You can also pick your car up from a number of other locations around Orlando, including major hotels and resorts, such as:
- Orlando International Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton
- International Palm Resort and Conference Centre
- Orlando Jetport Drive
- Orlando Hyatt Regency Hotel
- Sanford Orlando Airport
- Walt Disney Car Care Centre
- Walt Disney Dolphin Resort
Where are the car hire desks at the airport?
At Orlando International airport, all major car rental companies are located onsite on level 1 of both Terminal A and Terminal B.
At Sanford Orlando Airport, all car rental companies are located on site as you exit into the arrivals hall.
*The prices quoted are based on one driver, aged 25, with a full UK driving licence hiring a car for 3 days, picking-up and dropping-off at Orlando Airport, Florida. Prices correct at time of writing. Subject to change according to availability. Free cancellation applies to most rentals up to 48 hours before pick up, however some suppliers may charge. Please check supplier terms and conditions carefully.
Driving on America's roads**
The cars are bigger, the roads are wider and they drive on the other side of the road. Driving in the States, in a car that is not your own, may be a daunting experience, even if you're a seasoned driver. While you'll be familiar with the local language, you may want to brush-up on some of the driving laws. So before jumping straight into a hire car after an 8 hour flight, take a look at our top tips on how to tackle America's roads once you land in Orlando, Florida.
- Left hand drive - Drive on the right-hand side of the road, overtake on the left.
- Automatic gearbox - The majority of car hire vehicles will have an automatic gearbox. If you are not confident or cannot drive an automatic be sure to call the car hire company before you book to organise a manual car.
- Minimum car hire age - 18 years old. Under 25's may have to pay a young driver surcharge.
- Seatbelt/safety belts - Florida State law requires all drivers and front seat passengers and all minors under the age of 18 to wear a seatbelt/safety belt.
- Child restraints - Every driver must ensure that all children under 5 to be properly secured with a US government approved child restraint or car seat.
- Fuel types - Gasoline and Diesel
- Petrol/gas stations - Gas stations many will require you to pay before you fill up, either at the pump or inside the station. Most major credit cards are accepted but it's always worth carrying enough cash, just in case.
- Mobile phones - While it is not illegal to make calls using a mobile phone, you can receive a ticket if you become distracted while doing so. Texting while driving is illegal.
The most notable difference for UK visitors when driving in the USA is that they drive on the right hand side of the road in left-hand drive vehicles. You'll also find that the majority of vehicles are automatic, larger in size and the roads and freeways are wider too. However, with a bit of preparation, nothing should take you by surprise and you'll be ready for the road, ready to explore America's Sunshine State.
Road safety laws
- Limited Highways - 70mph
- Highways - 55mph
- Business and residential areas - 30mph
- School zones - 20mph
Driving too slowly is also against the law. You can be issued a ticket for driving too slowly. Drive with the flow of the traffic and within the speed limit.
Drinking and driving
It is a crime in all states, including Florida, to drive with more than 0.08milligrams of alcohol in your blood. In Florida you can have your licence taken from you and the vehicle you are driving may be impounded. It is also is also illegal to have any containers of alcohol open in the car.
It is important to note that drinking alcohol and then driving may invalidate your car rental insurance, irrespective of local drink driving laws. Check your policy for full details.
Do I need an International Driving Permit?
Although an International Driving Permit (IDP) is not legally required to drive in the USA, in the event of an accident, authorities will often ask for this in addition to your driving licence. As such, we recommend obtaining one before you travel.
**This information should be considered as a broad overview of things to remember when hiring a car. It is therefore very important that you read the rental terms and conditions and associated policies for your own specific policy as well as doing your own research into the motoring laws of the country in which you will be driving.Top