Ponta Delgada Airport Transfers
If you're off to the magnificent Azores, our Ponta Delgada Airport transfers take you from the terminal to the door of your resort in as little as 10 minutes, with prices starting at under £10.00 and FREE cancellations up to 3 days before your departure date.
Alone in the Atlantic Ocean, the Azores is a unique, exciting and beautiful destination for travellers looking for something a little different from their island escape. With our Ponta Delgada Airport transfers, you can compare 100s of options to resorts around Sao Miguel Island, such as the capital, Ponta Delgada, just 10 minutes transfer from the airport, and the stunning natural haven Lagoa.
Whether you're travelling in style or saving your money for island adventures, we have got a huge range of vehicle options, from shared shuttles to private coaches and everything in between. Our drivers are all top rated, and the vehicles that we use for our resort transfers from Ponta Delgada Airport are in great condition-all under 5 years old, and with air conditioning. There are loads of pick up and drop destinations across the island, including the capital Ponta Delgada, just 10 minutes transfer time for the airport, and the naturally stunning Lagoa.
Compare cheap Ponta Delgada Airport Transfers
|Drop Off Location||Journey time||Price per person|
|Ponta Delgada||1 hour 10 minutes||£13.27 (Shared Shuttle Bus)|
|Ponta Delgada||10 minutes||£20.69 (Private car for 3 people)|
|Sao Roque||10 minutes||£6.30 (Private minibus for 8 people)|
|Sao Bras||30 minutes||£11.28 (Private minibus for 8 people)|
|Lagoa||30 minutes||£15.26 (Executive transfer for 4 people)|
|Livramento||15 minutes||£13.27 (Executive transfer for 4 people)|
A World of Possibilities
It may be a bit out on a limb, but The Azores are part of beautiful Portugal, and that is somewhere with a whole heap of amazing attractions for visitors. Check out our Portugal Airport transfers page to see what else this awesome country has to offer.
Worldwide Airport Transfers
We also offer transfers to destinations all over the world, from Seattle to Sydney, Toronto to Tokyo. Take a look here for our full range.
How Does It All Work?
What happens once I've booked my transfers from Ponta Delgada Airport?
- When you book your Ponta Delgada Airport transfers through our secure booking agent, you'll get an email confirmation.
- Print a copy off and take it with you when you travel, as it has all your transfer details on it and you will need to show it to your driver.
- Sit back, relax, and start dreaming of the Azores.
- No really, it's that simple.
What happens when I arrive at the airport?
- When you land, make your way through to the arrivals hall.
- Keep an eye out for your driver or representative, who will be waiting for you either in the hall or at a designated desk-specific details depend on which transfer you have chosen and will be listed on your confirmation.
- Your private transfer will just include and/or your chosen passenger(s) so there aren't any additional stops prior to your destination.
Uh oh, my flight's delayed!
If your flight is delayed, don't panic, simply call the number listed on your confirmation and let your provider know what's going on. They'll make sure that a transfer is waiting for you when you arrive in the Azores.
When it's time to come home
When it's time to head back to reality, your return transfer to the airport is all taken care of. You will be picked up at the port or a nearby location (full details will be on your confirmation and agreed with your driver).
We suggest that you're packed and ready to go 15 minutes before the pick up time on your confirmation, that way everything runs smoothly.
All About the Azores
Ponta Delgada is the capital of the Azores, situated on the largest of the nine Atlantic Islands, Sao Miguel. A haven for nature lovers, this destination is gaining traction on the international stage as a wild and wonderful European break with a difference.
Ponta Delgada itself is a small and quaint capital, with striking Gothic-style architecture and pretty winding alleyways just begging to be explored. The main draw of the island is the phenomenal nature. Volcanoes, mountains and tempestuous ocean views all add to the awesome drama of the place, while dense green forests and winding trails lend a 'Jurassic Park'-like feel to the place. Don't worry though, any velociraptors here are long since extinct! What you might see is some of the ocean life that teams around the islands. The Azores is one of the best places on the planet for whale and dolphin watching, and countless species including bottlenose and spotted dolphins, and sperm and blue whales migrate past the islands all year round.
About Our Transfers
Things to Know Before you Go
The great thing about our transfers is that they save you the hassle of having to hail a taxi at the airport. Once you get to arrivals, the taxi rank can get pretty busy, meaning long lines and longer waits. Pre-booking your transfer from Ponta Delgada Airport means that you can just hop in and beat the crowds. You'll be relaxing poolside before you know it.
Your driver will always aim to drop you off as near to your accommodation as possible, but occasionally due to other factors, such as pedestrianised areas or vehicle size, it's difficult to get right to the front door. In this instance, you will be dropped of at a nearby, convenient location.
If you're travelling with young children and wish for them to have a car seat, you will need to provide one yourself.
- Our cheapest Ponta Delgada Airport transfers are shared shuttles. This is a shared transfer, so you will be travelling with other passengers, and might make a few stops on the way to your resort. There may also be a wait at the terminal of up to 50 minutes for everyone to arrive.
- For a fast, convenient and low cost start to your Azores adventure, try one of our private cars. Think of them as our answer to a Ponta Delgada Airport taxi, except you know that they're ready and waiting for you when you arrive, and everything's paid up front.
- Larger groups should take a look at our minibuses. Great for parties of up to 8, they ensure that everyone arrives at your resort together. We also offer private coaches for groups of up to 55.
- To kick start your holiday in style, our executive and luxury vehicles are the perfect way to treat yourself. Go on, you deserve it.
That's just a taster of what we offer. Details of all of our airport transfer vehicles can be found here.
Why choose Holiday Extras?
- 36 years of experience helping customers with their travel extras.
- With just the click of a button, you can compare 100s of cruise transfers.
- Call centre available 24/7.
- Trusted by the leading travel international companies.
- Our transfer providers are all tested and top rated. We only work with the very best.
- Unbeatable range of transfer vehicles, so whether you're flying solo or on a big group getaway, we've got the perfect transfer for you.
Need any help?
For all your Ponta Delgada Airport transfer questions and queries, our UK based team is on hand to help you out. Simply click here to visit our help and support page.
Prices correct at time of writing. Subject to change according to availability. FREE cancellations valid on all bookings up to 72 hours before you travel.Top