Sri Lanka Airport Transfers
Book your cheap airport transfer from Sri Lanka Colombo Airport through Holiday Extras and from only £4.52, with FREE cancellations*.
Just off the coast of southern India lies an island so stunning that it has been described as 'the most beautiful island in the world'. Lush plantations, glistening ocean views, astonishing wildlife and warm hospitality await visitors to Sri Lanka. Our Colombo Airport transfers offer private transfers including cars, minibuses and even private coaches to popular locations around the island, including Colombo, Kalutara, Batticaloa and Galle.
Transfers from Sri Lanka Airport
|Drop Off Destination||Transfer time||Price (per person)|
|Negombo||20 minutes||£4.52 (Private car for 3 people)|
|Colombo||45 minutes||£11.31 (Private car for 3 people)|
|Kalutara||2 hours||£11.50 (Private minibus for 8 people)|
|Batticaloa (East Coast)||2 hours 20 minutes||£78.05 (Private minibus for 12 people)|
|Galle||2 hours 20 minutes||£44.11 (Private car for 3 people)|
How Do The Airport Transfers Work?
What happens once I've booked my airport transfer?
- Take a look at our options for Sri Lanka Airport transfers, and then book your favourite using our awesome booking engine (the one at the top of the page.)
- You will then get a confirmation email, which has all the details on it regarding your transfers. You'll need this when you get to Sri Lanka, so print off a copy and keep it somewhere safe until you travel.
- Sit back, relax, and start practising your Cinghalais.
- No, really, it is that easy.
Arriving at Sri Lanka Airport
- We know that after a long flight, the last thing that you want to be doing is hanging around waiting for your transfer. So we've made sure the process of finding your transfer is as easy as pie.
- When you land, wrestle your bags of the luggage carousel and make you way through to the arrivals hall.
- You'll find your driver waiting for you either in the hall, or at a designated desk. Exact details depend on the type of transfer you have chosen, and will be listed on your confirmation.
- Give the driver your outward confirmation (just keep the return copy for the return journey.)
Uh oh! My flight is delayed!
If your plane is delayed, don't worry. Simply call the number on your confirmation email and let your provider know what's going on, and they'll make sure that someone is waiting for you when you arrive.
When it's time to come home
All good things must come to an end, and when it's time to say ayubowan to Sri Lanka, your return to the airport is taken care of.
- The details regarding your return journey will be on your confirmation.
- Unless another pick up point has been arranged, your driver will aim to meet you outside of your accommodation.
- It's recommended that you're ready to go at least 15 minutes before your pick-up time, to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Stunning Sri Lanka
Fans of beaches, nature and total relaxation could do a lot worse than Sri Lanka. A paradise island in the Indian Ocean, with some of the best outdoor pursuit opportunities in the world, Sri Lanka caters equally for those who want a beach break and travellers looking for an adventure.
The Road Less Travelled
Sri Lanka is a haven for walkers and hikers, with some of the best trails you will find anywhere. The best hike on the island is Adam's Peak, for a breathtaking view across the island. The route is also one of pilgrimage, as the mountain is of great significance to all of the Buddhists, Muslims, Christians and Hindus living in Sri Lanka. The climb is a moderately challenging one, you'll need a good standard of fitness and ideally some climbing experience to reach the summit, and time your trip carefully-the mountain is popular with tourists and pilgrims alike, and if you attempt your ascent at peak time you may find yourself in a mountainside traffic jam! Those that reach the top are rewarded with the most jaw-dropping views-particularly if you make the climb for sunrise.
I Do Like to be Beside the Seaside
A beach day is always a good idea, especially if the beaches in question are as undeniably beautiful as those in Sri Lanka. Over 20 slices of sandy perfection line the coast, so whether your thing is snorkelling, surfing or sunbathing, there will be one which suits.
A Walk on the Wild Side
Sri Lanka is jam-packed with native wildlife, and budding David Attenboroughs will be blown away by the variety that can be seen. A safari in Kaudulla National Park National Park can yield sightings of wild Sri Lankan elephants, leopards and peacocks, and that's just the land-based wonders. Dolphins and sea turtles frolic in waves around the island, and if you're very lucky, you might spot the largest animal ever to grace our planet, the mighty Blue Whale.
A choice of transfers
Holiday Extras provide a choice of transfers from Sri Lanka airport for between 1 and 30 people (incl. x1 suitcase per person)
- Our private cars are a fantastic way to start your Sri Lankan adventure. With room for up to three people, they save the hassle of hailing a taxi at the terminal.
- For larger groups, our minibuses are the perfect way to start and finish your holiday, With room for up to 12 travellers and 1 suitcase each, plus, you know what you're getting has been paid for up front, so there's no nasty surprises when you get to your destination.
- If you want something super stylish, we have a range of luxury cars. With makes including Mercedes and BMW, trip in style. Models available will depend on location.
- The terrain in Sri Lanka can be a little rockier than back home, so we also offer SUVs to your accommodation.
- If you have more friends than you know what to do with, enough to fill a coach, perhaps, then you are in luck, because we also offer private coach hires. Seating up to 30 people, this is the perfect solution if you can't face the headache of organising that many taxis or trying to corral everyone onto public transport.
Details of all of our airport transfer vehicles can be found here.
Colombo Airport FAQs
- What is the code and full name of Sri Lanka Airport?
Colombo Airports official name is Bandaranaike International Airport, but is locally known as Katunayake Airport. The code is CMB.
- What facilities does Colombo Airport have?
The airport has a decent selection of duty free shops and dining options, as well as currency exchange and a post office.
- Is there a beach near to the airport?
Negombo beach is approximately 30 minutes from Colombo Airport, and should be your first port of call if your craving white sands and sparkling seas.
- We have been helping customers with the nitty-gritty bits of travel for 36 years. From insurance, to airport hotels to car hire, we've got the experience to make the whole process easy.
- Our booking system compares 1000's of airport transfer options with just one click.
- Our UK based call centre and helpline is available 24/7.
- The vehicles we use are of the highest standard, all under five years old and with air conditioning, perfect for hot Sri Lankan days.
- We are trusted by all of the world's leading travel companies.
Why book your transfer with Holiday Extras?
If you need any help....
Get in touch with our friendly UK based team, who are primed and ready to answer your Sri Lanka transfer questions and queries. Simply click here to visit our help and support page.
*Prices quoted based on one passenger, picking-up at Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) and dropping off in Negombo via a private car shared between 3 people. Prices correct at time of writing. Subject to change according to availability. FREE cancellations valid on all bookings up to 72 hours before travel time.Top