Loading, please wait...
Top 10 destinations for business travellers
Most people enjoy getting out of the office once in a while and doing some travelling. In addition to breaking the office and work monotony, traveling for business offers many opportunities - from gaining extra work experience to establishing new business connections.
When it comes to business traveling, not all cities are equal. This review will seek to establish the top 10 global travel destinations based on travel costs, cultural opportunities and industrial presence.
Chicago is one of the best when it comes to business destinations. The city has a rock-star tech industry scene, a strong media industry and boasts the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. With a vibrant tourist industry and world-class tourist attractions available, you have the perfect excuse to do some exploring in between meetings. The Midwest hub has a thriving arts industry, world-class architecture and some of the best sports teams in the world.
One of the most forward-thinking and creative cities in the world, San Francisco, also known as the 'The City by the Bay' boasts a vibrant technology industry and is home to some of the world's top corporate companies. If you have interests in the technology industry, then San Francisco should be your next destination. In addition, there are some fantastic sites - from the Golden Gate Bridge to Alcatraz and Fisherman's Wharf.
New York remains one of the world's top destinations for business travel. The city, commonly known as The Big Apple is home to America's biggest media corporations, financial institutions as well as communication agencies. The city is one of the easiest places in the world to network with like-minded professionals. In between meetings, one can stroll through Central Park, visit some world-class museums or even pay a visit to Broadway.
Philadelphia has quickly risen to claim a place among the world's top bio-science centers. It also has a well-established foundation for financial and tourism services. The city has a number of historical sites that tell of it's heritage, from the Independence Hall to the cracked Liberty Bell. It's also worth visiting the Philadelphia Museum of Art as well as its magnificent Rocky steps.
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro is arguably one of the world's most iconic destinations, famous for Christ the Redeemer's statue, as well as some of the world's sexiest beaches and most outrageous parties. With many of the largest corporations in South America choosing to setup in Rio de Janeiro, the city is Brazil's hub for communications, media and institutes for higher education.
The city boasts a solid technology industry and has cutting-edge art scene. The sun shines most days, making it a popular destination for conferences. Additionally, the outskirts of the city have some fantastic areas for hiking.
London has been, and remains one of the most affluent cities in the world. In 2015, London was ranked as the most popular travel destination. Arguably, the epicenter of Europe's financial industry, London offers unrivaled access to some of the world's top multinational companies. The city also offers some of the globe's best travel experiences - from the award-winning museums and iconic royal architecture, to the brilliant nightlife and cosmopolitan cuisine.
Toronto, which is located off Lake Ontario, is home to the world's most diverse urban populations. The city has a variety of manufacturing activities and a well-established financial industry and also offers one the best shopping experience in the world. Toronto is home to CN Towers, the tallest structure in the west.
Mexico City is a world leader in pharmaceutical and consumer products. The city also has a rich history which can be experienced at the many sites spread across the city. From the gems of colonial architecture to the Aztec ruins, the city is possibly one of the world's most intriguing business destinations in the world.
Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City is one of America's top business cities and offers many opportunities for business-minded people. The city has a well-developed computing, technology and outdoor industries. It is also well-known for hiking, skiing and other outdoor sports.
If you found the tips and insights into Business travel destinations useful, then check out our other helpful articles.
- 8 Tips to Waltzing Through Airport Security
- Are Pilotless planes the future of air travel?
- Top Cyber Security Tips for Business travellers
- How does in-flight Wi-fi work?
- How effective are your business meetings?
- How good a listener are you?
- How much VAT can you claim from a business trip?
- How to deal with Jet-lag
- How to pack for a business trip
- Digital Nomad travel insurance
- The Impact of Brexit on travel
- How will Brexit affect UK Business travellers?
- How to keep track of business expenses when travelling
- Should you ditch checked-in luggage?
- Staying healthy during business travel
- Bleisure travel in 2018 - a rising trend
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.