Loading, please wait...

Travel Insurance for Camping


Get insured for your camping holiday with our single trip policies from price starting at just * for up to 365 days cover.

We understand that when it comes to camping, you'll want the best holiday insurance for your gear and your trip. Choosing a proper camping holiday insurance policy doesn't have to take long - with some sound advice, this part of your holiday preparations should be sorted in no time.

Our single trip policies cover a range of activities, including camping, and you can be sure that should anything go wrong with your holiday, we'll be here to help.

Holiday insurance

  • Personal Equipment cover
  • Personal accident
  • Personal liability
  • Cancellation cover
  • Emergency Medical expenses
  • 24/7 emergency UK based helpline †

† If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour Emergency Assistance Service for help and advice before treatment, where possible, full details can be found within the policy wording.

Camping equipment insurance

You have likely invested a lot of time and money into choosing and purchasing your camping equipment and if this is the case, it makes sense to get your gear protected before you go away. With Holiday Extras, if any of your camping equipment is lost, damaged or stolen during your trip, you can claim under the personal possessions section of your cover. Exclusions do apply so please be sure to check the policy wording or contact a member of our team if you're unsure.

To make a claim for lost, stolen or damaged camping equipment under the personal possessions section of your cover, here's what you will need:

Proof of ownership - We will need to verify your ownership before we can help, so make sure you have such evidence handy. Suitable proof of ownership would typically be a receipt detailing the purchase of the item in question.

Police reports - If you suspect your camping gear was stolen, make sure you get a police report within 24 hours of the incident.

Levels of cover

£500 of baggage cover
£1,500 of baggage cover
£2,000 of baggage cover
£2,000 of baggage cover
£1,000 of cancellation cover
£2,5000 of cancellation cover
£5,000 of cancellation cover
£5,000 of cancellation cover
£5 million of medical cover
£10 million of medical cover
£10 million of medical cover
£10 million of medical cover
£150 excess charge
£100 excess charge
£50 excess charge
£0 excess charge
£500 cover for personal
money, passport, gadget cover
and wedding cover

Personal accident

Though it's not nice to think about, it's important to consider whether your camping holiday insurance has cover for personal accident. Should you be injured on your trip and suffer long-term consequences, under the personal accident section of your cover, you can have peace of mind - knowing that you will be financially compensated.

Cancellation cover

If it happens that you need to cancel your camping holiday due to illness, bereavement, or maybe even a natural disaster in the area, you can rest assured. With our holiday cancellation cover, you don't need to worry about losing money, as we provide cover for any non-refundable deposits you may have made.

Personal liability

Accidents can happen with any kind of holiday, and it's good to know that should you unintentionally cause harm to anyone or damage to property, your holiday insurance will cover for legal costs and claims made against you.

Camping insurance - European or Worldwide?

If you like venturing further afield for your camping holidays, make sure you take out a policy to match - either for european or worldwide travel. If you are unsure about which category your holiday destination comes under, simply enter the country name into the booking engine, and you will be given an accurate quote.

Annual camping insurance

If you are likely to go on more than two holidays in the year, it may be worth taking out an annual travel insurance policy. With our annual multi-trip policies, you can save money whilst enjoying premium level cover for all of your holidays throughout the year.

Family camping holiday insurance

Taking the family on a camping holiday is a great way to spend quality time and have some fun. Take out a group travel insurance policy and insure the whole family is covered, saving you money in the process. For more information on our travel insurance policies for families, check out our family travel insurance page.

*Price based on 1 adult aged 21 with no pre-existing medical conditions, travelling to Europe inc Spain/Cyprus/Malta/Turkey or Greece for 7 days. Price correct at time of writing.

Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.

Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.