Loading, please wait...
Get insured for your camping holiday with our single trip policies from just £7.54 * for up to 365 days cover.
Camping holiday insurance
We understand that when it comes to camping, you'll want the best holiday insurance for your gear and your trip. Choosing a proper camping holiday insurance policy doesn't have to take long - with some sound advice, this part of your holiday preparations should be sorted in no time.
Our single trip policies cover a range of activities, including camping, and you can be sure that should anything go wrong with your holiday, we'll be here to help.
- Personal Equipment cover
- Personal accident
- Personal liability
- Cancellation cover
- Emergency Medical expenses
- 24/7 emergency UK based helpline †
† If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour Emergency Assistance Service for help and advice before treatment, where possible, full details can be found within the policy wording.
Camping equipment insurance
You have likely invested a lot of time and money into choosing and purchasing your camping equipment and if this is the case, it makes sense to get your gear protected before you go away. With Holiday Extras, if any of your camping equipment is lost, damaged or stolen during your trip, you can claim under the personal possessions section of your cover. Exclusions do apply so please be sure to check the policy wording or contact a member of our team if you're unsure.
To make a claim for lost, stolen or damaged camping equipment under the personal possessions section of your cover, here's what you will need:
Proof of ownership - We will need to verify your ownership before we can help, so make sure you have such evidence handy. Suitable proof of ownership would typically be a receipt detailing the purchase of the item in question.
Police reports - If you suspect your camping gear was stolen, make sure you get a police report within 24 hours of the incident.
Though it's not nice to think about, it's important to consider whether your camping holiday insurance has cover for personal accident. Should you be injured on your trip and suffer long-term consequences, under the personal accident section of your cover, you can have peace of mind - knowing that you will be financially compensated.
If it happens that you need to cancel your camping holiday due to illness, bereavement, or maybe even a natural disaster in the area, you can rest assured. With our holiday cancellation cover, you don't need to worry about losing money, as we provide cover for any non-refundable deposits you may have made.
Accidents can happen with any kind of holiday, and it's good to know that should you unintentionally cause harm to anyone or damage to property, your holiday insurance will cover for legal costs and claims made against you.
Levels of cover
Our single trip travel insurance policies come with a choice of either basic, standard or premium level cover.
- Bronze cover offers £500 of baggage insurance and another £1000 of cancellation cover per person, as well as £5 million towards medical costs.
- Silver cover provides medical cover of £10 million, baggage cover at £1,500 and cancellation insurance of £2,500 per person
- Gold cover raises your medical protection to £10 million, baggage cover to £2,000 and cancellation cover to £5,000 per person.
- Platinum cover raises your medical protection to £10 million, baggage cover to £2,000, cancellation cover to £5,000 per person and £500 for personal money, passport and documents. Platinum cover also comes with free gadget and wedding insurance
Camping insurance - European or Worldwide?
If you like venturing further afield for your camping holidays, make sure you take out a policy to match - either for european or worldwide travel. If you are unsure about which category your holiday destination comes under, simply enter the country name into the booking engine, and you will be given an accurate quote.
Annual camping insurance
If you are likely to go on more than two holidays in the year, it may be worth taking out an annual travel insurance policy. With our annual multi-trip policies, you can save money whilst enjoying premium level cover for all of your holidays throughout the year.
Family camping holiday insurance
Taking the family on a camping holiday is a great way to spend quality time and have some fun. Take out a group travel insurance policy and insure the whole family is covered, saving you money in the process. For more information on our travel insurance policies for families, check out our family travel insurance page.
*Price based on 1 adult aged 21 with no pre-existing medical conditions, travelling to Europe inc Spain/Cyprus/Malta/Turkey or Greece for 7 days. Price correct as of April 2019.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF. Company number 01693250.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.