Loading, please wait...
Get comprehensive travel insurance cover as an under-18 with policies starting from just £7.54*
Booking children's travel insurance
Have you been searching for the right children's travel insurance but are not sure the cover you need or how to go about booking for youngsters? At Holiday Extras we've got comprehensive levels of cover so if your child is travelling with you, you can book great value family travel insurance or single parent travel insurance, or if your child is travelling alone you can get the best holiday insurance they will need to give you peace of mind, and ensure the whole family can enjoy less hassle and more holiday!
† If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour Emergency Assistance Service for help and advice before treatment, where possible. Details can be found in the policy wording
Types of Children's Travel Insurance cover available
All of the travel insurance policy levels at Holiday Extras extend their cover to your children, so you can choose from four different cover levels to get just the right protection required for either a single trip or annual multi-trip policy (if on an adult's policy):
Single trip and annual travel insurance for children
- Bronze cover offers £1000 cover in the event of cancellations, £5 million of medical cover and £750 equipment cover.
- Silver cover provides £2,500 cancellation cover, £10 million medical cover and equipment cover at £1,500.
- Gold cover can be chosen for high-level protection of £5,000 cancellation cover, £10 million medical cover and £2,500 equipment cover.
- Platinum cover can be chosen for high-level protection of £5,000 cancellation cover, £10 million medical cover, £500 personal money, £20,000 personal accident and £2,500 equipment cover.
If you have problems deciding which level of cover is best for your family, you can contact our UK-based call centre for support.
Children travelling alone & with an Adult
Whether your child is travelling alone or will be accompanied by an adult, we've made sure every child travel insurance policy is equipped with high levels of medical cover, lost luggage, cancellation and repatriation cover, all for just £7.54* per week.
We can take part of the worry away when your child is travelling alone by ensuring they have cover and giving you peace of mind at a great price with our child only travel insurance available with Bronze, Silver or Platinum levels of cover depending on their needs. Just be sure that all insured children aged 17 and under are accompanied to their departure point by a responsible adult.
There's also a 24-hour emergency UK based helpline on hand when you need it most for advice and support.
If you feel that your child's trip requires a particular form of cover, there are a number of additional cover options available to add to their policy, from our specialised winter sports add-on, to additional gadget cover insurance. Gadget cover is now included as standard in our Platinum level policies!
Travelling with a pre-existing medical condition?
- Tailored policies for customers with pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £10 million in medical cover and up to £5000 in cancellation cover
- All medical conditions considered
- 'No excess' policies available
We don't want to make travelling with a medical condition any more stressful for yourself or for your children. Instead, we can provide extra cover for children that need it most. Please visit our holiday insurance for children with medical conditions page if you would like to find out more, or contact a member of our team today.
Travelling with children
We'd also encourage you to visit our HX Blog. It's full of great travel advice for family travel. With a guest post from Claire Irvin and her top tips for travelling with children, advice on the best children's luggage and a review on - Trunki luggage. There are also some ideas to keep the kids entertained on a road trip.
*Prices based on 1 person aged 17 with no pre-existing medical conditions, travelling Europe excl. Spain, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey and Greece for 7 days, with Basic cover. Price correct as of April 2019.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF. Company number 01693250.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.