Children up to 18 travel free with an adult policy holder, meaning your family travel insurance policy can cost as little as £27.90*
If you and your family are the jet-setting type and have more than one trip abroad planned in the year, then its worth considering a annual family travel insurance policy. This covers you for an unlimited number of trips within a 365 day period from your policy start date.
What am I covered for?
- Competitive and reliable holiday insurance you can trust
- Voted best travel insurance provider for 10 years running, with Globe Travel Awards
- Under 18's receive free insurance cover with each paying adult
- Tailored policies for customers with pre-existing medical conditions
- Up to £10 million in medical cover and up to £5000 in cancellation cover
- Up to £2 million for personal public liability
- £2,000 baggage cover
Medical cover - With an annual family travel insurance policy, each family member is covered up to £10 million for medical emergencies. This includes cover for ambulances, hospital stays, medication and any treatment prescribed by doctors as a result of an unexpected medical emergency. Its great to know that youve got all the bases covered when it comes to medical.
Personal public liability - this part of your insurance protects you against any damage to other persons or to public property that might result from accidental actions on your part. Again, with an annual family policy, the whole family is covered for this - meaning if the kids end up breaking the hotel TV or spilling juice on the sofa, you are covered for the expense.
End supplier failure - this is an especially important part of your policy, as holidays with the family can end up being quite expensive affairs. With end supplier failure cover, you are insured against losing your money, should any of your travel reservations or bookings have to be cancelled because of the companies failure.
Cancellation cover - similar to end supplier failure, cancellation cover will protect you from losing your money, should any travel bookings you made be cancelled by the firm for whatever reason.
Baggage - travelling with the family inevitably means a ton of baggage to carry and look after, and its all too easy to misplace a piece of luggage. Whats more, simply because you are travelling with more stuff, the likelihood of the airline losing one of your bags is naturally increased. This is where our baggage cover will come in handy, as you are covered for any financial lose you might experience at the loss of your baggage and its contents.
Who is insured?
With an annual-multi trip family travel insurance policy, you can insure two adults, and up to four children under the age of 17 (or 25 and under if theyre still in full-time education) on the same policy.
Does annual family travel insurance cover individuals?
All adults on the family travel insurance policy can travel independently and still receive cover. Under 17s however need to be accompanied by a responsible adult to their departure point, for cover to be valid.
How much does travel insurance cost for a year?
An annual family travel insurance policy can cost as little as £70 for the entire year, making it a very cost effective approach. Instead of having to remember to insure each family member separately every time you go away, you can just make the one off payment, and not have to think about booking insurance again for another year!
How long can we go away for?
For a basic annual family travel insurance policy, there is a trip duration of up to 17 days, which extends to 23 days on a premium policy. Additionally, you can have the trip duration extended to a maximum of 31 days after paying the premium.
- Basic cover guarantees £500 cancellation cover per person, £2 million of medical costs and £500 for your baggage.
- Standard cover provides £1,000 per person in cancellation cover, £5 million of medical protection and baggage cover at £1,500.
- Premium cover offers £5,000 for cancellations per person, £10 million medical cover and £2,000 baggage cover.
- Multi-trip cover provides the maximum level of protection available including medical cover, cancellation costs and baggage loss.
The perks of family travel insurance
- Adults named on the same policy can travel independently (ensuring that no under 18's travel unaccompanied).
- One policy for the whole family means one payment - and only one policy to look after!
- Children aged up to 18 travel free with an adult policyholder.
- 24/7 Emergency assistance.
Children's travel insurance
Children get FREE travel cover with every adult policyholder, leaving you more to spend on holiday! For more information, check out our travel insurance for children page.
*Price based on 2 adults (aged 18 and up) and 2 under 18s with no pre-existing medical conditions, travelling to Europe excl. Spain, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey and Greece from 31/07/18 until 07/08/18. Price correct as of July 2018.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance