Loading, please wait...
Huawei Mate 10 Pro insurance
Sporting the powerful Kirin 970 AI processor, the Mate 10 Pro is one of Huawei's biggest hitting phablets to date. If you decided to purchase the Mate 10 Pro this year, then you'll want to know how to best insure your device before going away on holiday. Here's how you can make sure your new Huawei device is insured against the unexpected.
Holiday extras gadget travel insurance
Holiday extras gadget cover add-on is designed to protect your devices with cover for accidental damage, loss and theft.
|Cover for theft & loss?|
|Broken screen replacement|
|Maximum cover length|
Which level should I choose for my Huawei Mate 10 Pro?
There are three levels of gadget cover to choose from, so you can decide just exactly how much cover you will need for your trip:
|Accidental/malicious damage, theft, loss|
|Single item, pair and set cover|
Accidental damage - it's all to easy to drop your phone in the toilet or crack the screen by sitting on it, and with phones becoming more and more pricey these days, such a loss can be hard to stomach if it happens to you. Fortunately, with cover for accidental damage, your device is covered against drops, knocks and spills, up to £3000.
Loss and theft - Smartphones are unfortunately prime targets for thieves looking for easy pickings , and if you are unfortunate enough to have your phone stolen, the ordeal can be extremely stressful. Thankfully, with cover for loss and theft, you can be reimbursed financially for the loss of the device. With all claims, you will need to provide proof of original purchase along with a police report detailing the incident.
Unauthorised usage - This part of your cover insures you against any expenses a thief might rack up by using your phone.
Is the Mate 10 Pro water-resistant?
Unlike it's more affordable sibling, the Mate 10 Pro is in fact water and dust resistant, with an impressive rating of IP67. This means that it should be able to survive submersion at depths of up to 30 meters for approximately 1 hour.
That being said, it's advisable to take care not to expose the device to too much water, as the Huawei Mate 10 Pro is in fact water resistent and not water proof. What's more, even though the phone has a high water residence rating, Huawei do not cover for water related damage in their warranty. For this reason, it's wise not to be careless with your phone, and to invest in a comprehensive gadget travel insurance policy which will cover your phone for water damage.
Tips for Mate 10 Pro users
EMUI desktop - The mate 10 Pro can double up as a laptop with the help of a single, inexpensive USB-C to HDMI connector. Just hook the phone up to an HD television or monitor and you have a complete desktop experience with full-sized web browsing and document editing. The phone itself can act as a keyboard and mouse, and you can also connect a separate mouse and keyboard over bluetooth.
Duel sim card slots - with the option for two sim cards, the Mate 10 makes it's easier to separate between work and plan. Also, for frequent travellers, the possibility for having multiple WhatsApp and Facebook accounts makes it easier to stay in touch with family, friends and colleagues around the world.
Finger print scanner - The PrivateSpace feature of the Mate 10 Pro allows for multiple user spaces, each locked by a different fingerprint. Should your phone ever be stolen or hacked into, you can rest assured knowing that not all of your personal information will be exposed on one user space.
Looking to insure another device?
Find out more about how best to insure your devices.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.