Loading, please wait...
Get super dependable cover for your holiday from only *.
Why let age limit your chance to travel this year? With cover for medical conditions and a 24/7 emergency helpline† - we've got the best value policies for travellers over the age of 80
Booking travel insurance for over 80
Competitive holiday insurance can be hard to find once you've reached the age of 80. Thankfully, with Holiday Extras there's no upper age limit** meaning you are entitled to the best over 80s travel insurance without the high premiums. We offer great value protection to ensure that you enjoy a safe and affordable trip. Our cover is flexible and can be tailored to your travels, and because we sold more than 100,000 policies in 2018 alone, when you choose our travel insurance, you know you're in good company.
Choosing Holiday Extras as your holiday insurance provider
We have two types of policies and four levels of cover. Our single-trip and annual travel insurance are flexible to meet your individual needs, and it can also cover everyone in your party. Whichever you choose, you'll be getting comprehensive cover, with up to £10 million to cover medical costs, and £2 million of personal liability protection.
What am I covered for?
If your trip is cancelled, you are covered for up to £10,000, and we'll pay up to £2,000 if you lose your luggage. There are suitable policies for over 80s suffering with a medical condition.
Our 24-hour emergency helpline functions from UK-based call centres, so you can get the support that you need, when you need it. If you're not fully convinced, read some of the testimonials from our customers.
If you need to seek medical attention whilst abroad, please ensure that you contact the 24-hour Emergency Assistance Service for help and advice before treatment, where possible, full details can be found within the policy wording.
Booking your over 80s holiday insurance policy
We have a simple booking process that is quick, discreet and informative. You can arrange your over 80 travel insurance with one call to our UK-based call centre team. And if you decide that you've chosen the wrong insurance policy within 14 days of booking, we can offer a refund.
The excess on a travel insurance policy refers to the amount deducted before a claim is paid out. The excess on Holiday Extras policies range from £0-£150, with many sections of our cover requiring no excess at all. If you require a policy without an excess, you can choose our Platinum cover level.
Looking for travel insurance with a medical condition?
If you suffer with a condition, it is important you let us know. To find out more information regarding medical conditions, visit our health conditions pages.
Top travelling tips for people over 80
- Before embarking, visit your travel clinic for a pre-travel consultation. Ensure that when you leave for your trip you have all of the prescribed medical supplies.
- Check that your passport is valid (particularly if you haven't been travelling for a while). It can also be a good idea to photocopy all of your travel documents, just in case you lose any.
- Prepare a list of emergency contacts, and keep it with you at all times. Also remember to call our emergency helpline if you have any problems.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.