Hitting the slopes? Upgrade your travel insurance policy to include winter sports from just £34.88* per week!
Both thrilling and relaxing, ski trips provide the opportunity for great family holidays and adrenaline junkies alike. Book a Holiday Extras' holiday insurance policy and add winter sports cover. With our winter sports add-on you are covered for a range of activities from skiing off-piste to snowmobiling.**
Why Holiday Extras offers great ski travel insurance
Depending on your skiing experience and resort of choice, you can choose to add Winter Sports cover to one of the following levels of travel insurance:
- Standard cover offers £1,000 cancellation cover per person, £2 million for medical expenses and £1,500 of cover for your baggage.
- Premium cover has £5,000 set aside for cancellations per person, £5 million medical cover and £1,500 for your baggage.
Frequent travellers can benefit from a Holiday Extras annual travel policy, which offers the same level of cover as Premium cover for multiple trips over the course of a year. You can then add up to 17 days of Winter Sports cover to your policy, to ensure that you are protected during your ski trips.
More great news! Children aged under 18 receive FREE cover when accompanied with an adult policyholder.
Booking your policy
Booking is nice and easy whether you choose to do so online or via our call centre. Simply fill in the quote form above to choose a policy and upgrade to receive the benefits of winter sports cover. Or call our insurance experts for FREE. Customer service is second to none, so if you need extra help finding the right policy don't hesitate to get in touch.
Ski insurance with helicopter rescue
Should you end up in a sticky situation on or off piste and need to be rescued, it's comforting to know that your ski insurance policy will cover for search and rescue efforts, either by helicopter or other means. Provided you are skiing within the limits stated on the policy wording
It's important to note however that not all ski insurance providers will automatically offer search and rescue cover as standard, and you may need to pay an additional premium for this service to be included in your cover. For this reason, it's important to check the details of a potential ski insurance policy before buying, to be sure of what you can expect.
Usually an insurer will pay towards the cost of the fees charged by local search and rescue organisations and for the cost of emergency hospital transfer whilst taking part in a covered sport. You will of course need to be able to provide written confirmation from the relevant authorities stating that a search and rescue operation was necessary.
The important part to take note of is exactly how much the insurer is willing to pay towards search and rescue fees, as this amount will determine how useful the search and rescue cover actually is. You can find the exact amount an insurer will pay, by checking the summary of cover section of the policy wording.
For more information on what you can expect from Holiday Extras' search and rescue cover, consult the policy wording under section 18, as well as the 'summary of cover section'.
Ski trip tips
Plan ahead - Either bring your own equipment or hire out your ski gear in advance to save time and money.
Check your fitness - Skiing can be hard work, so consult with your GP before travelling to ensure that you are fit enough, and do not have any problematic health conditions.
Begin slowly - If you're new to skiing, don't jump straight onto the advanced Black runs. Build up your skills on the beginner Green slopes.
Top skiing destinations
- France - The most popular European winter destination, France has excellent family resorts like Chamonix, and the legendary Val d'Isere offers dynamic runs for more advanced skiers.
- Scotland - Close to home and boasting some excellent resorts, you can find gems like Glencoe in the Highlands of Scotland.
- Finland - Though not as mountainous as other options, Finland's cross country skiing is unparalleled, and it's one of the top destinations for beginners.
- Canada - Arguably the most beautiful place to ski in the world, Canada's epic mountain ranges offer both forest trails and exhilarating off-piste opportunities.
- Switzerland - From Zermatt on the Matterhorn mountain to Verbier, when you ski with the Swiss you're guaranteed an abundance of snow and plenty of fun.
*This is based on a Standard Cover policy with Winters Sports Cover addition for 1 person aged 25 years, with no pre-existing medical conditions, on a single trip to Europe inc Spain, Cyprus, Malta, Turkey & Greece from 19/08/2018 to 27/08/2018. Prices are correct as of July 2018.
**Please check first as exclusions do apply.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Latitude Medical Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Basic cover policy
- Standard cover policy
- Premium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Business Travel Insurance
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Golf Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Backpacker Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- End Supplier Failure Cover
- EHIC Information
- Excess Waiver Travel Insurance
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance