Hitting the slopes? Upgrade your travel insurance policy to include winter sports from just £18.75* per week!
Both thrilling and relaxing, ski trips provide the opportunity for great family holidays and adrenaline junkies alike. Book a Holiday Extras' holiday insurance policy and add winter sports cover. With our winter sports add-on you are covered for a range of activities from skiing off-piste to snowmobiling
Why Holiday Extras offers the best ski travel insurance
Depending on your skiing experience and resort of choice, you can choose to add Winter Sports cover to one of the following levels of travel insurance:
- Standard cover offers £1,000 cancellation cover per person, £2 million for medical expenses and £1,500 of cover for your baggage.
- Premium cover has £5,000 set aside for cancellations per person, £5 million medical cover and £1,500 for your baggage.
Frequent travellers can benefit from a Holiday Extras annual travel policy, which offers the same level of protection as Premium cover for multiple trips over the course of a year. You can then add up to 17 days of Winter Sports cover to your policy, to ensure that you are protected during your ski trips.
More great news! Children aged under 18 receive FREE cover when accompanied with an adult policyholder.
Booking your policy
Booking is nice and easy whether you choose to do so online or via our call centre. Simply fill in the quote form above to choose a policy and upgrade to receive the benefits of winter sports cover. Or call our insurance experts for FREE. Customer service is second to none, so if you need extra help finding the right policy don't hesitate to get in touch.
Ski insurance with helicopter rescue
Should you end up in a sticky situation on or off piste and need to be rescued, it's comforting to know that your ski insurance policy will cover for search and rescue efforts, either by helicopter or some other means.
It's important to note however that not all ski insurance providers will automatically offer search and rescue cover as standard, and you may need to pay an additional premium for this service to be included in your cover. For this reason, it's important to check the details of a potential ski insurance policy before buying, to be sure of what you can expect.
Usually an insurer will pay towards the cost of the fees charged by local search and rescue organisations and for the cost of emergency hospital transfer whilst taking part in a covered sport. You will of course need to be able to provide written confirmation from the relevant authorities stating that a search and rescue operation was necessary.
The important part to take note of is exactly how much the insurer is willing to pay towards search and rescue fees, as this amount will determine how useful the search and rescue cover actually is. You can find the exact amount an insurer will pay, by checking the summary of cover section of the policy wording.
For more information on what you can expect from Holiday Extras' search and rescue cover, consult the policy wording under section 18, as well as the 'summary of cover section'.
Ski trip tips
Plan ahead Either bring your own equipment or hire out your ski gear in advance to save time and money.
Check your fitness Skiing can be hard work, so consult with your GP before travelling to ensure that you are fit enough, and do not have any problematic health conditions.
Begin slowly If youre new to skiing, dont jump straight onto the advanced Black runs. Build up your skills on the beginner Green slopes.
Top skiing destinations
- France The most popular European winter destination, France has excellent family resorts like Chamonix, and the legendary Val dIsère offers dynamic runs for more advanced skiers.
- Scotland Close to home and boasting some excellent resorts, you can find gems like Glencoe in the Highlands of Scotland.
- Finland Though not as mountainous as other options, Finlands cross country skiing is unparalleled, and its one of the top destinations for beginners.
- Canada Arguably the most beautiful place to ski in the world, Canadas epic mountain ranges offer both forest trails and exhilarating off-piste opportunities.
- Switzerland From Zermatt on the Matterhorn mountain to Verbier, when you ski with the Swiss youre guaranteed an abundance of snow and plenty of fun.