Big January Giveaway - Click Here For More Details
Loading, please wait...
Travel Insurance for Golf
If you're planning a spot of golf on your holiday then there's no need to worry; like many sporting activities at Holiday Extras, golf is covered as standard under your policy*. This way, you're automatically covered in the event of any medical mishaps or accidents while playing. Did someone say, "four"?
Whether you're going away for a single trip or you're a seasonal traveller with an annual travel policy, you will be entitled to full cover for hired equipment as well as your own clubs on our Gold and Platinum policies only.
What am I covered for?
Any keen golfer knows the cost of a good set of clubs. Should any of your equipment become lost, damaged or stolen, our Gold and Platinum cover protects your golfing equipment, whether it's rented or your personal set, our travel insurance policy will make sure your favourite putter is fully protected!
We will pay up to £1,000 in total for sports equipment, however the most we will pay for any single item, pair or set is £500. With our Gold policy there is just a £50 excess charge for lost or stolen golf clubs and, even better news, our Platinum policy comes without any excess fee. Happy days!
Do you need golf insurance?
Being a relatively low risk sport, it is not a legal requirement to take out insurance when playing golf. That being said, it's a wise move to make sure you have adequate travel insurance that covers for golf if you plan to take part in the sport on holiday. Suppose for instance that you accidentally damage someone's property while playing? Or your golfing equipment is lost or stolen? In these instances, a travel insurance policy with reliable golf cover could come in very handy and save you much money and stress.
Does travel insurance cover golf clubs?
As any avid golfer will know, a decent set of clubs can cost anywhere between £200 to £400 with the more expensive professional clubs costing as much as £1000. With this in mind, it's a wise move to make sure your golfing equipment is adequately insured on your travel insurance policy.
Thankfully with Holiday Extras golf travel insurance, your sporting equipment is insured against loss and theft, up to the amount of £1000. This means that any gloves, bags, clubs and club heads are all covered. You are also covered up to £100 should you need to hire any golfing equipment.
How do I add golf cover to my holiday insurance policy?
There's absolutely no need! You're automatically covered for the medical side of things regardless of your cover level and the loss or theft of your equipment is included if you choose Gold or Platinum cover.
Looking for a different type of sports cover?
We have a range of additional covers to apply to your policy like the winter sports cover - perfect for a holiday spent hitting the slopes including ski equipment hire and avalanche cover. For more information about our additional sports cover then be sure to visit our sports cover page.
*Please note that this does not include cover for golf as a competitive sport.
- Travel insurance homepage
- Travel insurance FAQs
- Our policies:
- Cheap Travel Insurance
- Single Trip Travel Insurance
- Annual Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance
- Our cover levels:
- Bronze cover policy
- Silver cover policy
- Gold cover policy
- Platnium cover policy
- Additional cover:
- Gadget Travel Insurance
- Sports Travel Insurance
- Ski Insurance
- Water Sports Travel Insurance
- Wedding Travel Insurance
- What Happens If You Miss Your Flight?
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Family travel:
- Children's Travel Insurance
- Family Travel Insurance
- Single Parent Travel Insurance
- Over 65's Travel Insurance
- Medical Insurance Homepage
- Allergies Travel Insurance
- Angina Travel Insurance
- Arthritis Travel Insurance
- Asthma Travel Insurance
- Brain Tumour Travel Insurance
- Breast Cancer Travel Insurance
- Broken Bones Travel Insurance
- Cancer Travel Insurance
- COPD Travel Insurance
- Crohn's Disease Travel Insurance
- Dementia Travel Insurance
- Depression Travel Insurance
- Diabetes Travel Insurance
- Disability Travel Insurance
- DVT Travel Insurance
- Epilepsy Travel Insurance
- Heart Condition Travel Insurance
- High Blood Pressure Travel Insurance
- Gall Stones Travel Insurance
- Lupus Travel Insurance
- MS Travel Insurance
- Prostate Cancer Travel Insurance
- Stroke Travel Insurance
- Children with Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
- Cruise Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Senior Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions
- Travelling With Medication
- Travelling With Diabetes
- Adventure Travel Insurance
- Annual Cruise Travel Insurance
- Couple's Travel Insurance
- Extreme Sports Travel Insurance
- Gap Year Travel Insurance
- Group Travel Insurance
- Hiking Insurance
- Interrail Travel Insurance
- International Travel Insurance
- Long Term Travel Insurance
- Off-piste Ski Insurance
- Over 70's Travel Insurance
- Over 80's Travel Insurance
- Pregnancy Travel Insurance
- Sailing Travel Insurance
- Scuba-diving Travel Insurance
- Senior Travel Insurance
- Student Travel Insurance
- Travel Health Travel Insurance
- Under 16 Travel Insurance
- Under 18 Travel Insurance
- Volunteering Abroad Travel Insurance
- Weekend Travel Insurance
- Working Holiday Insurance
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance
- EHIC Information
- Car Hire Excess Cover
- Compare Travel Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- European Travel Insurance
- France Travel insurance
- Halong Bay Vietnam
- Indonesia Travel Insurance
- New Orleans
- New York
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- Vietnam Travel Insurance
Holiday Extras Cover Ltd and Holiday Extras Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Holiday Extras Cover Ltd 05058680 and Holiday Extras Ltd 01693250 are registered in England and Wales. Registered address: Ashford Road, Newingreen, Kent CT21 4JF.
Holiday Extras is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities plc which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered address: 2nd Floor, 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4UY. Company number 03220410.