including 8 days parking
from the airport
Prices so low you forget it's at an airport
The Travelodge at Gatwick (formerly the Mercure hotel Gatwick) is not only large enough to allow for last-minute bookings, but also affordable enough for even the most restricted of budgets. It's one of the cheapest hotels at Gatwick airport and the restaurant and bar are extremely well-priced. There are also rooms spacious enough to accommodate four adults comfortably.
The Travelodge at Gatwick Airport, Lowfield Heath in Crawley is a good choice if you're travelling to the airport by car. It's just a few minutes from junction 10 of the M23 and has an undercover on-site car park where you can park overnight. If you need parking while you're away, you can book your car into one of the Long Stay car parks at Gatwick airport, or into Airparks, a secured car park just outside the airport.
If youre coming by public transport, Gatwick airport train station is an easy bus ride away and connected to London by regular trains. In the morning, the hotel shuttle bus will take you back to the airport. You need bus G23, which leaves from outside reception and takes 15 minutes to reach the North terminal, and 20 to reach the South terminal.
The Travelodge has a bar and restaurant with a simple, classic pub grub-style menu, which is served from 6.30pm to 10pm. Theres also free wifi in the bar and restaurant.
We recommend the Travelodge for:
All went smoothly Well doneMr Brand (Travelodge)
See more Travelodge customer reviews
Overall rating: 78%by 357 guests
Families - The Travelodges family rooms are very spacious, and can actually accommodate four adults, so older children will be more than comfortable. Children are also allowed in the bar at any time.
Drinks - The lively bar offers a drinks promotion each month, making the Travelodge one of the most affordable places to start your holiday with a glass of something tasty.
Value - Not only are the rooms great value, the Travelodge also offers an affordable food menu and free wifi in the bar.
Groups - You wont find many hotels willing to let four adults share one room, and at the Travelodge youll still get a comfortable nights sleep if you do decide to share.
Arrival at the Travelodge Plus
You can check in from 15:00.
Parking overnight at the hotel costs £15 because the hotel do not own the car park, so can't waive the charges.
Here are the directions to the hotel:
Leave the M23 at Junction 9, signposted for Gatwick airport. Take the second exit at the first roundabout signposted Redhill A23. At the next roundabout take the fourth exit towards Redhill A23. At the next roundabout take the first exit onto Povey Cross Road. Take the next turning on the left and the Travelodge Plus will be on your left hand side.
You must check out by 12:00. On the day of your flight, you'll need to drive to Purple Parking where your car will be parked while you're away.
Getting to and from Gatwick airport
On the day of your stay:
Drive to the Travelodge Plus and park in the hotel’s car park overnight. Full driving directions will be on your confirmation and overnight parking costs £15.
The car park is regularly patrolled and accessible spaces are available.
Getting from the hotel to the airport:
1. Drive to Purple Parking to drop off your car - you’ll find full details on your booking confirmation.
2. Park in one of the arrival bays, take note of the bay number and head to reception to hand over your keys and booking details.
3. You’ll be given a ticket with instructions on what to do when you return - remember to keep this safe.
4. Your car will be parked for you while you board the shuttle bus to the terminal. Buses run every 20 minutes, take 15 minutes to get to both terminals and are included in the price.
5. Purple Parking has CCTV and regular staff patrols.
1. Catch the shuttle bus back to Purple Parking - it’s included in the price. It’s bus stop 6 at the north terminal and bus stop 7 or 8 at the south terminal. Show your ticket to the driver as you board.
2. Collect your keys from reception and find your car.
3. Drive to the exit barrier and scan the barcode attached to your keys to leave.
Travelodge Plus Additional Information
|Address||Povey Cross Road, |
|Disabled facilities||The hotel has accessible rooms, which have handrails, grab bars and wet rooms - if you would like to request an accessible room please call Holiday Extras before you book.|
The hotel has ramps and is easily accessible for wheelchair users.
* Prices quoted are stays on the 06-01-2019, valid as of 06-11-2018