Washington Airport Transfers
Book your cheap airport transfer from Washington Dulles, Ronald Reagan and Baltimore-Washington Airports through Holiday Extras from just £38.56pp, with FREE cancellations*.
With towering monuments, gorgeous parks and a rich and exciting history, cities don't come much more grand or important than Washington DC. This political powerhouse may seem as if it's for history buffs only, but scratch away the stately surface and DC reveals a different, achingly cool side of exciting nightlife and awesome cultural attractions. Our Washington Airport transfers can get you to the city centre in as little as 15 minutes. We pick up from all three major DC airports; Dulles, Ronald Reagan and Baltimore-Washington, and drop off in popular destinations in and around the city, including Downtown Washington, Alexandria, Bowie, Washington city centre.
Compare low cost transfers from Washington Airports
|Pick-up and Drop Off Destination||Transfer time||Price (per person)|
|Ronald Reagan Intl. Airport to Downtown Washington DC||1 hour 10 minutes||£38.56 (Shared shuttle bus)|
|Ronald Reagan Intl. Airport to central Washington DC||15 minutes||£50.56 (Private car for 3 people)|
|Baltimore-Washington Airport to Bowie||40 minutes||£65.01 (Private car for 3 people)|
|Baltimore-Washington Airport to Washington DC||1 hour 20 minutes||£90.29 (shared shuttle bus)|
|Dulles Airport to Washington DC||1 hour 10 minutes||£86.40 (Shared shuttle bus)|
How Do The Airport Transfers Work?
What happens once I've booked my airport transfer?
- Use our secure booking engine (at the top of the page) to choose the right transfer for you from our list of options.
- When you have booked, you'll receive an email confirmation with all the important stuff on it such as the time and place of your transfer.
- B sure to put this confirmation somewhere safe, as you will need to show it when you take your transfer.
- Sit back, relax, and start dreaming of DC.
At the Airport
- When you arrive, grab your bags and head through to the arrivals hall.
- If you're on a shared shuttle, there will be a representative waiting to show you to your coach.
- For those of you on a private transfer, you will see a person with your name on a board (just like in the movies!) They will either be in the arrivals hall or at the designated desk, there will be full instructions will be on your confirmation.
- In fact, your confirmation has got all the details on it, so if in doubt, check it out.
Uh oh! My flight is delayed!
If your plane gets held up en route, there's no need to worry about your transfer at the other end. Simply call the number on your confirmation and let your provider know what's happening. They'll ensure that someone is waiting for you when you land.
When it's time to come home
All good things must come to an end and when it's time to say farewell to Washington DC, your return to the airport is taken care of.
- All the details of your return transfer are on your confirmation, including pick up time and location.
- In many cases, your driver will meet you at the door of your accommodation, so all you have to do is roll out of bed and roll your cases into the transfer vehicle.
- It's recommended that you're ready to go at least 15 minutes before your pick-up time, to ensure everything runs smoothly.
What do you think of when you think of Washington? Politics? Business? Very big and very important buildings? That is of course a huge part of the city's identity, and visitors with an interest in history will lap up sights like Capitol Hill, the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial. But what is there beyond the pomp and pageantry?
Lots, is the answer. Venture into some of the suburchs of the city and you'll be met with a riot of colour and life. The rainbow buildings that line the streets of the Adams Morgan district feel a world away the pristine white monoliths that define the city, and the clubs, bars and restaurants serving cuisine from around the world make this a must visit destination
Washington DC also has a myriad of museums and cultural attractions. There's the world famous Smithsonian Natural History Museum, a firm favourite with families, as well as the National Gallery and the National Air and Space Museum, and that's just for starters. It's safe to say, whatever your interest, Washington probably has a museum about it.
If you want a breather from city life, take a break in one of Washington's beautiful parks. For those lucky enough to visit in springtime, the trees of parks around the city, such as Tidal Basin, are blanketed in a flurry of soft pink cherry blossom, a truly wondrous sight against the white of the buildings behind.
A choice of transfers
Whether you're on a budget or wanting a touch of luxury, we have got a range of shared and private transfers from the Washington airports.
Your airport transfer will aim to drop you off outside your chosen address, so there's no need to be dragging your suitcase around looking for your hotel. Please note that sometimes due to vehicle size or your drop off point being in a pedestrianised area, you will have to be dropped off nearby instead. This will be confirmed before you travel.
Not all transfers are created equal, so we have trawled through providers to find you the best range of options at the best prices. All of our vehicles have room for 1 suitcase per person, and air conditioning as standard.
- Our cheapest transfer is a shared shuttle bus. You'll be sharing the ride with fellow travellers so will take a scenic route to your accommodation, stopping at a maximum of 8 places on the way.
- If you're travelling solo or with a few friends or family, our private transfer cars are ideal. With space for 4 people, this is the most cost effective private transfer option for small groups to start your holiday in style. We offer special models on some routes, such as SUVs and even limousines, for an unforgettable transfers to start your holiday.
- For larger parties, our minibuses are the way to go. With room for up to 8 people, they can work out very cost effective when the price is split between travellers, and are far simpler than trying to organise multiple taxis or corral everyone onto public transport.
- For an ultra luxurious transfer, we offer executive cars, including Mercedes models, for an extra special start your trip.
Washington Airport FAQs
How many airports are there in Washington DC?
There are three airports in and around Washington DC; the Washington Dulles Airport (IAD), Ronald Reagan International Airport (DCA) and the Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI).
Which airport is closest to the city?
At 5.2 miles away, Ronald Reagan International Airport is the closest to the city centre. A transfer takes from 15 minutes. Dulles Airport is the next nearest, at 26.7 miles, with transfers taking from 45 minutes to reach Downtown. The furthest away is Baltimore-Washington, which takes from 40 minutes to cover the 32.8 miles to the city.
What facilities do the airports have?
All three Washington DC Airports are major international hubs, and as such have all the airport mod-cons you could possibly want, including a variety of luxury and designer shops, dining options, currency exchange, sleep boxes, free wifi, charging stations and even pet relief areas for four legged-friends.
Washington does suffer from the odd bout of inclement weather. Heavy snowfall, fog or storms can affect the running of the airport and the departure and arrivals timetables. If you're concerned, it's best to keep an eye on the weather in the area and check on the airport websites for live updates.
Why book your transfer with Holiday Extras?
- We have been helping customers with the nitty-gritty bits of travel for 36 years. From insurance, to airport hotels to car hire, we've got the experience to make the whole process easy.
- Our booking system compares 1000's of airport transfer options with just one click.
- Our UK based call centre and helpline is available 24/7.
- The vehicles we use are of the highest standard, all under five years old and with air conditioning, perfect for those hot Washington summer days.
- We are trusted by all of the world's leading travel companies.
If you need any help....
Our friendly team is always available to take your calls: phone-0871 360 2603 (calls cost 11p per minute, plus your phone company's access charge.)
*Prices quoted based on one passenger, picking-up at Washington Ronald Reagan Airport (DCA) and dropping off in Downtown Washington DC via a shared shuttle bus. Prices correct at time of writing. Subject to change according to availability. FREE cancellations valid on all bookings up to 72 hours before travel time.Top