Prestwick airport is south west of Glasgow, off the A77. From the Glasgow city centre take the M77 south until it changes to the A77. The airport is north of the town of Ayr between Prestwick and Monkton (and east of the A77). The Journey takes about 40 minutes.
From the A78:
- Continue forward (signposted Barassie, Loans).
- At Meadowhead Roundabout take the first exit onto the A79.
- * At the next roundabout you come to, take the first exit left onto Tweed Road which leads directly to the airport terminal.
- Join the M77 motorway southbound (signposted M77 Kilmarnock, Prestwick Airport).
- Continue forward onto the A77.
- At Dutch House Roundabout take the third exit.
- Follow directions as above from the *.