Las Vegas is the largest city in the U.S state of Nevada and is famed for being the entertainment capital of the world. 37 million tourists flock to the city every year to escape to a world of lavish casinos, fantasy hotel complexes, and first-class entertainment. It's incredible to think that at the start of the 20th century it didn't even exist and now it is home to 2 million people and has 19 out of the 25 largest hotels in the world.
Las Vegas can act as a base for a traveller to venture around Nevada and experience the stunning landscapes, enthralling attractions and vibrant culture. The city can provide exceptional nightlife due to sheer amount of entertainment venues on offer. Whether you're taking an adventure through the Valley of Fire, absorbing all of the natural beauty, or gasping at the Cirque du Solei in wonder - Las Vegas has something for everyone.
Top Attractions in Las Vegas
- Bellagio Fountains - Witness 1,214 spritzers shooting water up to 460 feet in the air, choreographed perfectly to music.
- Cirque du Solei - People catapulting themselves over the stage, risking their lives and dressed in funny costumes, what more could you ask for?
- Shark Reef Aquarium - Sharks, sea-turtles, crocodiles and string-rays make this a truly unforgettable attraction.
- New York New York Roller coaster - Take a tour of a compressed Manhattan via roller coaster.
- The wedding Chapels - Even if you're not planning an impromptu wedding yourself, it's worth taking a look and seeing the happy couples that are.
- Caesars Palace Casino - Arguably the best casino and hotel in Las Vegas, however prices can be quite expensive.
- X Scream at the Stratosphere - Enjoy one of the thrilling rides on top of the Stratosphere tower
- Atomic Testing Museum - Filled with fin and activities including a Ground Zero Theatre.
- Le Reve - This spectacular show filled with stunning aerial acrobatics, water dives and amazing special effects.
- Valley of Fire - Nevada's oldest state park, over 34,880 acres of red-rock sandstone formation, jutting cliffs, canyons and valleys.
- Black Canyon Rafting - River-rafting down the Colorado River's Black Canyon is a great way to explore the magnificent scenery.
- Red Rock Canyon - Great for hiking, mountain climbing or for a beautiful scenic drive.
- Hoover Dam - A concrete arch-gravity dam on the border between Arizona and Nevada.