Holiday Extras Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We collect personal information about you in several ways, including:
We may also receive information about you from third parties with whom we work closely such as businesses contracted by us to provide products and services to you, technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers.
We may collect and use the following information about you:
Certain categories of information are considered sensitive under the Data Protection Act 1998 including health information. We will only collect sensitive personal information about you where you have provided such information to us (or via a third party such as a travel agent) as a necessary part of purchasing products and services from us, for example, when you purchase travel insurance.
By providing us with sensitive personal information, you explicitly agree that we may collect, use, share with third parties and transfer outside of the European Economic Area this personal information for the purpose of delivering the products and services you have asked for and for administrative and legal purposes.
Please note that if you withdraw your consent to our use of your sensitive personal information, we may not be able to provide all or part of the products and services that you have requested.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may share your personal information with any member of the Holiday Extras group of companies.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
• Before we provide services, goods or financing to you, we undertake checks for the purposes of preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity. These checks require us to process personal data about you.
• The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties will be will be used to prevent fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity.
• Details of the personal information that will be processed, for example: name, address, date of birth, address, contact details, financial information, employment details, device identifiers including IP address and vehicle details.
• We and fraud prevention agencies may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal data to detect, investigate and prevent crime.
• We process your personal data on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect our business and to comply with laws that apply to us. Such processing is also a contractual requirement of the services or financing you have requested.
• Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal data for different periods of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your data can be held for up to six years.
• As part of the processing of your personal data, decisions may be made by automated means. This means we may automatically decide that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk or if our processing reveals your behaviour to be consistent with that of known fraudsters or money launderers; or is inconsistent with your previous submissions; or you appear to have deliberately hidden your true identity. You have rights in relation to automated decision making: if you want to know more please contact us using the details provided.
CONSEQUENCES OF PROCESSING
• If we, or a fraud prevention agency, determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, we may refuse to provide the services and financing you have requested, or to employ you, or we may stop providing existing services to you.
• A record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies, and may result in others refusing to provide services, financing or employment to you. If you have any questions about this, please contact us on the details provided.
• Whenever fraud prevention agencies transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, they impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your personal data to the standard required in the European Economic Area. They may also require the recipient to subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing.
• Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
• For more information or to exercise your data protection rights please, please contact us using the contact details provided.
• You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office which regulates the processing of personal data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. You can tell our site is secure as a small locked padlock will appear in the bottom left of your browser to show that you can safely send credit and debit card details through our site. We also have firewall security software in place to protect our internal information from the Internet.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Customer Experience Holiday Extras Ashford Road Newingreen Hythe Kent CT21 4JF