Holiday Extras Limited, Booking Conditions for Theme Park hotel packages: We want to offer you the best products and the best service. We aim to consistently exceed your expectations, so that when you are booking with us, you can feel confident you're with the best team there is. This section aims to bring important points to your attention. These booking conditions form the basis of your contract with Holiday Extras Limited. The web site address www.play-and-stay.co.uk is used by Holiday Extras Limited for the promotion of hotels with Theme Park entrance tickets. Once your hotel package for Theme Park has been confirmed we will accept responsibility for it in accordance with the following Booking Conditions as an 'organiser' under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992.
1. Making your booking:The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Booking Conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made.
All bookings must be made on line via the website (www.play-and-stay.co.uk) or via our Call Centre. At the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our Booking Conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by a booking reference, we will reconfirm this to you and provide you confirmation by email.
For bookings we will email you a voucher that will serve as proof of payment for both the hotel and Theme Park. You will need to exchange this confirmation email at the Groups Desk, located at the main entrance at the Theme Park to receive your entrance tickets, please take the confirmation email with you.
Please check your Booking Confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information that appears on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
2. Payment: Full payment is required at the time of booking. All bookings made by credit cards are subject to a 2.0% handling fee, min. charge £1.50, max. charge £4.95 (non-refundable). This is not refundable and does not apply to debit cards.
3. Your contract: A binding contract between us comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English law.
4. The cost of your break: Holiday Extras is committed to providing the highest standards and the best choice of product, at the best prices, so throughout the season we continually review our products and prices. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up. The price of your chosen package will be confirmed at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error.
A total price of your chosen break will be given before you confirm your booking which you may accept or not.
All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT at the current rate.
5. Changes by you: Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed break, you must notify us as soon as possible. Whilst we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet any such requests. All amendments must be made through Holiday Extras.
Any alteration requested within 24 hours of the date of ticket entrance to the Theme Park or within 24 hours of the hotel stay will be treated as a cancellation by you and you will have to pay the cancellation charges set out in clause 6.
6. Cancellation by you: Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us. All cancellations must be made through Holiday Extras.
No refund is made for cancellation of bookings within 24 hours of the date of ticket entrance to the Theme Park or within 24 hours of the hotel stay (or after). An administration fee of £15.00 per room per night applies to all other cancellations.
7. Changes and cancellation by us: Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors on web sites / brochures and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so.
Occasionally, we have to make a “significant change”. “Significant changes” include the following changes when made before departure;
- a change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification or standard
- a change of accommodation area
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
(a) accepting the changed arrangements or
(b) purchasing an alternative Theme park break from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available. If the chosen alternative is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will not ask you to pay any more
(c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full and quick refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will pay you compensation (up to a maximum of £20 per person) where appropriate, subject to the following exceptions:
Compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care.
No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time)
In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options and, where applicable, compensation. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
8. Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 9 (1) below) as a result of "force majeure".
In these Booking Conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we, or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
9. Our Liability to you
(1) We promise to make sure that all parts of the break we have agreed to arrange, perform or provide as part of our contract with you are arranged, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. We will accept responsibility if any death, personal injury, failure or deficiency of your arrangements is caused by any fault of ours, or our agents or suppliers. When we talk about ‘fault’ above, this means failure by ourselves or our agents or suppliers (as applicable) to use reasonable skill and care in performing or providing the service in question. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim.
(2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
- the fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- the fault of a third party not connected with the provision of your break which we could not have predicted or avoided or
- an event or circumstance which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care (see clause 8)
- the fault of anyone who is not carrying out work for us (generally or in particular) at the time.
In addition, we will not be responsible where you do not enjoy your break or suffer any problems because of a reason you did not tell us about when you booked your break or where any problems you suffer did not result from any breach of our contract or other fault of ourselves or, if you have booked a package from us and we were responsible for them, our suppliers or agents or where any losses, expenses, costs or other sum you have suffered relate to any business.
We cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities, which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(3) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract - and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred if not the UK - will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the laws and regulations of the UK which would have applied had those services been provided in the UK.
Where any claim or part of a claim concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and off the transport concerned) provided by any rail carrier or any stay in a hotel, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited. The most we will have to pay you for that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you on any basis is the most the carrier or hotel keeper concerned would have to pay under the international convention which applies to the travel arrangements or hotel stay in question. Please note: Where a carrier or hotel would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable International Convention or Regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money, which you have received or are entitled to receive from the transport provider or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question.
(4) you must provide our insurers and ourselves with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 10 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
10. Complaints and problems: In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your break whilst away, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to the supplier as soon as possible. If you are still dissatisfied, you must notify us at the earliest opportunity. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. If you remain dissatisfied, however, you must write to our Customer Relations Manager within 28 days of the end of the break you have purchased from us giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
11. Your Responsibilities: Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of a theme park break.
12. Conditions of suppliers: Many of the services which make up your break are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 9 (3)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
13. Special requests and medical problems: If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your break, please tell us before you confirm your booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
14. Medical Problems & Disability: If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your break, please tell us before you confirm your booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
15. Financial security: For hotel packages with Theme park entrance tickets, we operate a trust account. This arrangement means your money will be refunded in the unlikely event of our being unable to provide your break due to our insolvency.
16. Call Monitoring and Recording: As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
17. Directions: Please make sure you have directions to your hotel and the hotel's telephone number. Basic directions are provided on your email voucher. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up to date road map.
18. Overnight parking: Parking for the night of your stay at the hotel is included in the price, unless otherwise stated. Parking is always at the vehicle owner’s risk. Hotels own car parks are unsecured unless otherwise stated.
19. Holiday Extras star ratings: All hotel star ratings in Holiday Extras literature are Holiday Extras own ratings and are based on the following:
- Any official rating awarded to the hotel, for example: AA Stars, RAC Stars and ETB Crowns will be considered, but they would not translate directly into the equivalent number of Holiday Extras stars.
- If a hotel does not hold an official rating, we evaluate it on a similar basis to most official scheme operators.
In both of the above cases, when giving our rating we also consider:
- Feedback we have received from our customers.
- Feedback from our own regular visits to the hotels, both on business & as customers.
20. Standard rooms: All offer a private bathroom (though some only have showers in them), a colour TV with satellite and radio channels, telephone, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer and ironing facilities (N.B. irons and hairdryers, may only be available on request.)
21. Breakfast: Is not included unless otherwise stated. If included, please check the earliest time it is available.
22. Leisure facilities: May be charged for and admission restricted for children.
23. Alarm calls: As hotels do not take responsibility for alarm calls we suggest you take a travel alarm.
24. TUSSAUD’S Park Conditions: Organisers/carers are relied upon to consider the suitability of the venue and to provide adequate supervision for their clients. Guests are admitted to the attraction subject to the regulations that are displayed at the main entrance.
All prices on all days are subject to change without prior notice. Whilst the attractions will endeavour to open as many rides and attractions as possible, we reserve the right to alter or change the program of rides and attractions if necessary.
All information and prices are correct at time of going to press and are subject to change without warning.