The Sofitel Gatwick
A hotel straight from the heart
If the Sofitel Gatwick were any closer to the runway, it would have wings and an engine. It's connected to the North terminal by a covered walkway - but the rooms are so perfectly quiet and tranquil that you'd never know it. Triple glazing and excellent soundproofing keep things whisper quiet at this particular Gatwick airport hotel. But if you want to indulge your inner anorak with a bit of plane spotting you couldnt be better placed.
Four-star luxury in a five-star location
If you want to be as close to check-in as possible, then the Sofitel is the place where you need to stay. It's the only hotel connected to the North terminal: check-in is just a two-minute walk away along the covered walkway. The South terminal is just two more minutes away on the free monorail, which runs every three minutes.
- "Excellent hotel, and very convenient for both terminals at Gatwick. Worth the extra cost to avoid taxis."
Mrs Carless, 19 Nov 2011
- "the hotel was very helpful,the food at breakfast was fantastic.we will be going back.our hotel room was lovely."
Mrs Daglish, 26 Apr 2011
- "Excellent hotel, conveniently located so that you can walk into the terminal check in area with ease. Restaurant was superb as well!"
Mr Malsbury, 24 Mar 2011
- "We would use the same hotel again.
Staff and facilities both very good.Proximity of hotel to aircraft made a great start to the holiday"
Mrs Sullivan, 15 Mar 2011
- "Can't fault the process. Everything went like clockwork, and the hotel was amazing. Really can't believe the price we got it for. Highly recommend this service. Will definitely be back fro more."
Mr Oatridge, 06 Mar 2011
- "Everything was perfect-best hotel site for service i have ever used.Keep it up - I will use you again"
Mr Marr, 22 Feb 2011
- "Very good price for the Sofitel London Gatwick, good value add ons for breakfast and dinner. I have used Holiday Extras many times and will do so again."
Mr Stevens, 10 Feb 2011
- "Hotel great and your staff helpful.
Sofitel at Gatwick has a super chinese and makes a good start to any holiday."
Mr Burgess, 13 Jan 2011
- "Excellent service even with 3 foot of snow at Gatwick! Hotel over looked the airport and parking the car was no different from all the past times before. Wouldn't park my car with anyone else! Thanks"
Mrs Murrell, 04 Jan 2011
- "Our stays, both outbound and return were excellent. The staff were helpful and the hotel was just what we needed to start and end our holiday."
Mrs Ison, 14 Sep 2010
See more Gatwick Sofitel customer reviews
Overall rating: % based on 2167 Ratings
An air of excitement
A high, spacious atrium greets you as you arrive in the lobby a ten-storey open space that forms the heart of the Sofitel. Its a bustling little world, with large luggage trolleys constantly wheeling in and out, and four panoramic lifts shooting up and down. Theres an air of quiet excitement - a hum of activity, of international travellers going about their business, attended to by experienced, professional staff.
We recommend the London Gatwick Sofitel for:
Location. Whether you come into Gatwick at the North or South terminal, the Sofitel is only minutes away. Walk through the covered walkway from the hubbub of the terminal straight into a tranquil and spacious hotel.
Choice of great restaurants. Youll find good wines, and food that ranges from haute cuisine to hearty meals that the kids will appreciate in the Sofitel's three restaurants, La Brasserie, Le Cafe and the Gatwick Oriental. Le Cafe and La Brasserie serve excellent breakfasts, lunches and dinners; on the other side of the atrium the Gatwick Oriental serves a wide range of south-east Asian dishes. And there's even a fitness room with cardiovascular equipment and weights for you to burn off any excess calories.
Excellent rooms. All the 518 rooms at the Sofitel are luxurious; many of them are super-luxurious. You'll want for nothing when it comes to both comfort and style. There are interconnecting suites for familes, and rooms that can be used for one or two children as well as a couple. Its a child-friendly hotel, well used to catering for younger guests.
You can check in from 2pm. You must check out by noon.
Gatwick airport North terminal,