Menzies Strathmore Luton AirportNow closed
- 44 Menzies Strathmore Luton Airport ratings have an average of
- Terminal : All terminals
- Star Rating :
- Restaurant : Yes
- Disabled Facilities : Yes
- Swimming Pool : Yes
If you're after luxury and convenience, but don't want to be right at the airport, then you're looking for the Menzies Strathmore. Between the AA rosette-winning restaurant and the 15-metre pool and spa, you'll find it hard to believe this hotel is just over two miles from the terminal. Why settle for one holiday when you can start off with a mini city break before you even arrive at the airport?
Reasons to book
- • Our closest off-airport hotel to Luton airport is a little slice of luxury.
- • Treat yourself in the hotel's AA rosette-winning restaurant.
- • More leisure facilities than you can shake a stick at, including a 15-metre pool, a gym and a spa.
- • The hotel is part of a complex that contains Luton's main shopping mall, so you'll have a good chance of finding some pre-holiday bargains.
All rooms at the Menzies Strathmore hotel have a flatscreen TV with freeview, toiletries, free wifi, a hairdryer, an iron and ironing board, tea and coffee, a phone, a safe, an alarm clock, bathrobes and slippers.
The hotel offers 24-hour room service.
The Menzies Strathmore Luton Airport features a restaurant and a bar. There is free wifi throughout the hotel.
- • Restaurant
- • Bar
- • Leisure facilities
- • Swimming pool
- • Room service
- • Internet access
- • Conference facilities
It's obvious straightaway from the sophisticated, appealing food why the Brasserie restaurant at the Menzies Strathmore won its AA rosette. There are themed buffets from time to time, plus an a la carte menu with a wide range of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes, each with a twist, from the purple truffle potatoes which accompany the sea trout to the curried mixed bean cassoulet with the confit of Gressingham duck. Even the burger's a little bit different: rather than the more usual beef, it's Cajun-spiced chicken breast in a focaccia bun.
We'd choose the twice-baked goat's cheese souffle with beetroot carpaccio to start, followed by the roasted wild mushrooms with toasted brioche and garlic cream, or maybe the sea bass fillet with black risotto, provencale vegetables and red pepper coulis. Then we'd have to finish off with the dark chocolate orange fondant with vanilla ice cream and crystallised chocolate for dessert. Nom.
The Brasserie opens from 7am to 10am for breakfast, noon to 2.30pm for lunch and 7pm to 9.45pm for dinner. The bar, a friendly lounge with a big screen TV and a menu of straightforward bar food, is open from 11am to midnight every day, with food until 11pm.
You can check in from 2pm. You must check out by 11am.
Rail and Coach
- Luton airport hotels with coach travel to Luton airport included - Let someone else do the driving and rest the night before your flight.
- Luton airport hotels with rail travel to Luton airport included - Leave the car at home and catch the train to the airport, it's easy. Pre-book your train tickets and enjoy special reduced rail fares, unrestricted travel times, and avoid the motorway traffic. Perfect.
Not found what you're looking for? we have more pages about the Menzies Strathmore Luton Airport or if you wish to see what other hotels we offer at Luton airport then please choose from the following dropdown:
Menzies Strathmore Luton Airport Address
- Best Western Menzies Strathmore now on sale | Holiday Extras news
Holiday travellers planning to fly out of Luton can now book the four-star Best Western Menzies Strathmore with HolidayExtras.com.
Rossbarnard, 08 Jun 2012