- Winners revealed...
- TV's reluctant traveller Karl Pilkington crowned Travel Personality of the Year!
- An amazing 101,000 travellers voted in the 2012 Holiday Extras Customers' Awards!
- Travel blog Wild Junket has been voted into first place by its readers at this year's Holiday Extras Customers' Awards, scooping the title of Best Travel Blogger.
- All the winners of this year's HXCAs have been announced!...
Travellers have their say
Holiday Extras Customers' Awards
The winners of this year's HXCAs have been announced!
This year we beat 2011's record 66,000 votes with a staggering 101,000 surveys completed. Award categories range from best airport hotel and best airline to Travel Personality of the Year.
Our awards are voted for by real holiday travellers every year, and are a true barometer of quality and customer service in the air travel industry today.
Travel blog Wild Junket has been voted into first place by its readers at this year's Holiday Extras Customers' Awards, scooping the title of Best Travel Blogger.
Nellie Huang and Alberto Molero, (pictured right) editors of Wild Junket, are the first to win the title.
- Travel Personality of the Year - Karl Pilkington
- Best airline - Emirates
- Best airline cabin crew - Emirates
- Best airline for value for money - Emirates
- Best airport car parking - Leeds Bradford Sentinel Secure Parking
- Best airport lounge - The Aberdeen Servisair Lounge
- Best UK travel agent - Midcounties Co-op
- Best airport hotel - Luton Hilton Garden Inn
- Best airport hotel restaurant - Luton Hilton Garden Inn
- Best airport hotel for families - Luton Hilton Garden Inn
- Best airport - Robin Hood, Doncaster Airport
- Best car hire company- Economy Car Hire
- Best travel blogger - WildJunket
The five shortlisted companies for each award are listed on the individual category pages.
To view larger images of the winners in our flickr photostream, click on the thumbnails in the right-hand column of each winner and shortlisted company's page.
To download from flickr: Click on the image and then go to the top left hand corner and click on "Actions", then "View all sizes"; the large image will be pre-selected - select "Download the large size of this photo".
Holiday Extras customer Mr P Caton of Redcar won a seven-night stay for two in Barbados courtesy of Teletext Holidays and the Customers' Awards. Mrs S Smith wins a luxury travel add-ons package for her next holiday. She will enjoy an overnight stay in an airport hotel with dinner, plus holiday parking and entry to an airport lounge.