(3 star hotel)
including 8 days parking
from the airport
Close at hand and easy on foot
You're unlikely to struggle finding a space in the Cambridge hotel car park - there are 600 car parking spaces in a locked compound close to the hotel, protected by cameras and barbed wire.
The system is that after parking next to the hotel to unload your baggage (thankfully, no having to lug it miles, you can drive right up to the entrance) the staff will take your car keys and park your vehicle later in the compound, through a security gate 200 metres away.
It will be moved on the day you return, ready for you in the short-stay parking area next to the hotel. Some guests prefer to hang onto their car keys and there are a limited number of available car spaces next to the hotel.
Extra car parking is charged at an additional £6 per day, and you may request this at the time of booking, or at reception when you arrive.
Arrival at the Cambridge Standard Room
Earliest check in time at the Cambridge is 3pm.
A shuttle bus operates to both terminals 24 hours a day, every 30 minutes, take just 10 minutes and cost £3 per person, each way.
Here are the hotel directions:
Exit the M23 at junction 9 and follow the signs for Gatwick airport. At the first roundabout go straight on. At the next roundabout take the last exit towards the A23. At the next roundabout turn right, sign-posted Redhill A23. At the large interchange with a Shell garage in the centre, follow the signs for Redhill A23. The Cambridge Hotel is on the left after a few hundred yards.
Latest check out time at the Cambridge Hotel is 11:00.
Buses operate to both terminals 24 hours a day, every 30 minutes, and take just 10 minutes. They cost £3 per person for the return journey.
Getting to and from Gatwick airport
On the day of your stay:1. Drive to the Cambridge - your confirmation will include driving directions and a postcode for satnavs.
2. Park in the hotel car park and head inside to check in.
3. You’ll need to leave your keys with the hotel so your car can be moved to a secured car park close to the hotel while you’re away.
Getting from the hotel to the airport:- It’s 10-minutes on the hotel’s bus to both terminals.
- The hotel runs a 24-hour shuttle bus to and from the airport every 30 minutes.
- The bus costs £3 per person each way.
- We recommend leaving plenty of time to get to the airport in the morning as the bus only has 8 seats and operates on a first come, first served basis.
Coming home:1. Collect your luggage, then head outside to the pick-up point - it’s bus stop 9 at the south terminal and bus stop 8 at the north terminal.
2. Call the hotel and request the shuttle bus to take you back to your car; the number will be on your confirmation.
3. Pick up your keys from reception and drive home.
Cambridge Standard Room address
19 Bonehurst Road,