(3 star hotel)
including 8 days parking
from the airport
A big country house with a little price tag
The Russ Hill began life as a country manor and still retains a charming, rustic feel. Although this large, friendly lodge is just 10 minutes' drive from Gatwick's terminals, it enjoys picturesque rural views of nearby Surrey something of a rarity at an airport hotel.
Cosy, comfortable and close to south terminal
The Russ Hill offers well-soundproofed and comfortable rooms, a cosy bar and an informal dining room which serves breakfast and buffet-style dinners. The Russ Hill's theme is traditional British from the wood-panelled walls and high-backed armchairs to the roasted dinners and local pub feel of the bar; it's a refreshing contrast to the familiar chain hotels that dominate the area. All rooms are en-suite and have a television, and free wifi is available in the hotel's public areas. A bus runs hourly to the airport terminals (see Getting There for further details); or it's a quick taxi ride.
Room was very small but good enough for one night only. I did like the spacious car parking and the taxi service .Mr Beales (Gatwick Russ Hill)
Cheap, close to airport, taxi quick to pick up & affordable. Staff friendly, but room very hot, air con didn't work, hairdryer health & safety risk, sparks coming out when turned on.Miss Wood (Gatwick Russ Hill)
Hotel generally ok except for room allocated. No window hot and stuffy and TV did not work. Transfer to airport excellent.Mr Wallwork (Gatwick Russ Hill)
First of all it was very hard to find a parking space the room was very hot beds are very uncomfortable it was adequate for one night the food in the restaurant was very good could not fault The hotel itself and the rooms are very datedMrs Staal (Gatwick Russ Hill)
Room small but adequate. Extra pillow was requested but not supplied. Parking space was very restricted. Taxi service excellent.Mr Dixon (Gatwick Russ Hill)
See more Gatwick Russ Hill customer reviews
Overall rating: 78% by 2502 guests
We recommend the Russ Hill for:
Rural charm - the hotel is set in a green and peaceful location that's still within easy reach of the airport.
Comfort - clean, pleasant rooms with springy beds decorated in light, fresh colours make for a good night's sleep.
Families - there's a choice of family rooms with double and bunk beds, so no matter what your family arrangement is there'll be a perfect room to suit. Kids are well catered for at the hotel's restaurant and are welcome at the bar.
Check-in is from 3pm, and the latest check-out is at noon.
Russ Hill Hotel,
Arrival at the Russ Hill
You can check in from 15:00. Make sure you book your taxi to the airport with reception in the morning to get a special rate.
Directions to the hotel:
- Leave the M23 at junction 9, following signs for the airport.
- At the first roundabout, take the second exit onto the A23.
- Take the second exit at the next roundabout to stay on the road.
- At the next roundabout, take the third exit onto London Road.
- Take the first exit at one more roundabout onto Povey Cross Road.
- After 3.5 miles, the hotel will be on your left.
You need to check out by 12:00. You’ll have booked a taxi to the airport through the hotel. The driver should know you only need to pay the lower price of £9 each way. The journey to the airport will take 15 minutes.
Getting to and from Gatwick airport
On the day of your stay:
1. Drive to the Russ Hill - your confirmation will include driving directions and a postcode for satnavs.
2. Park in the hotel car park and head inside to check in.
3. You may need to leave your keys with the hotel incase it needs to be moved within the car park.
Getting from the hotel to the airport:
- Both terminals are about 15 minutes from the hotel by taxi.
- Taxis cost around £9 per car each way when booked with reception. We recommend booking yours when you arrive to save time in the morning.
1. Collect your luggage, then catch a taxi back to the hotel.
2. Pick up your keys from reception and drive home.
Russ Hill address