Gatwick Russ Hill Reviews Page 11Customer ratings and feedback
- 2247 Russ Hill Hotel Gatwick ratings have an average of
- Terminal : All terminals
- Star Rating :
- Restaurant : Yes
- 80% of customers who left a review for the Russ Hill Hotel Gatwick would book again
- 2247 customers have given an average rating of
- Russ Hill Have used holiday extras for a few years and have always had excellent service, and customer services are always helpful and pleasant.
Mrs Davies 08 Feb, 2011out of 5
- Russ Hill Yes,Yes, and Yes. We always use holiday extras but this time we were encouraged by the added bonuses of free airport transport and compimentary light breakfast.
Mrs Armstrong 07 Feb, 2011out of 5
- Russ Hill Holiday extras worked out very well for me and my girlfriend as booked quite late. Got a great deal in a good location. Thanks to the team!
Mr Frost 04 Feb, 2011out of 5
- Russ Hill long wait for the bust back to the hotel. car at the far end of the car park when time to leave.
Mr Gorbert 03 Feb, 2011out of 5
- Russ Hill Staff very helpful. Room was extremely small, especially to accommodate two large suitcases as well as us. This has not happened on previous occasions.
Mrs Hayman 01 Feb, 2011out of 5
- Russ Hill Hotel ok but room very dated.Adjoining room (not for us) separated by very thin doors so that we could clearly hear the people next door.Transfer ok and continental breakfast perfectly acceptable.Will go back to staying at the Sofitel or Marriott though.
Mr Bale 25 Jan, 2011out of 5
- Russ Hill I was surprised to have to pay for the airport transfer, I had thought it was included.
Miss Bryan 22 Jan, 2011out of 5
- Russ Hill Everything was fine, the accommodation was as expected, the only problem was that the room we were in was on the 1st floor and was at the back of the hotel and there was a noise all night which sounded like a refrigeration unit switching in and out, which was a little annoying as we had to get up at 2am to leave for the airport. Other than that we had a pleasant stay and very good meal in the restaurant on the night.
Mr Gunner 18 Jan, 2011out of 5
- Russ Hill I booked 1 nights accommodation and 8 days car parking at the Russ Hill Hotel near Gatwick. Reception was efficient, bedroom clean and comfortable, and the full english breakfast well worth the additional £5 - especially as my flight was delayed by 3 hours.
Mr Cunliffe-Lister 05 Jan, 2011out of 5
- Russ Hill a lovely hotel but breakfast terrible, had to ask for milk, bread, and the restaurant only had 20 people in, think they had 2 staff. Reception/car person very helpful.
Mr White 29 Dec, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The Hotel looked very nice on the website, but the room we were put in was disgusting, it smelt and we were so tired and wanted to just sleep after a long journey..
Mr Dwyer 15 Dec, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The staff at the Russ Hill Hotel in Charlwood were lovely. Especially the young guy in the bar on the Friday evening 19th November, he was so jolly and made the evening for a lot of the customers.
Would definitely use the hotel again.
Miss Jones 08 Dec, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The Russ Hill Hotel is a bit tired, but does the job for getting to and from the Airport.
Miss Jones 07 Dec, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill This is the third time we have used this hotel and the arrangements went like clockwork. The facilities were as described but are suffering from a distinct lack of care and maintenance. The upside was that we had the same rooms as on a previous occasion and we enjoyed the familiarity of that. However we both had sleepless nights because of the noise from dripping showers which would not turn off fully despite the best-intentioned intervention of a very helpful staff member and from radiators which also clanked through the night which suggested that if they do not need a thorough overhaul then they need regular bleeding. It would appear from the signage that the hotel is under new ownership who will need to match the efforts of their hard-working, pleasant dedicated staff if they are going to retain repeat business like ourselves
Mr Smith 02 Dec, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Good hotel Russ Hill. Suitable for overnight stays before flying from Gatwick. Room very small and good transfers - pity if you've just missed the bus.
Mrs Atkinson 24 Nov, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill We enjoyed the holiday very much. The hotel was very friendly and the food excellent. A very lovely family rund hotel
Mrs Hands 16 Nov, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Yes, yes, and yes. The only blip was that the shuttle bus was running about 20 minutes late on the return trip.
Mr Rapley 08 Nov, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Rooms on 1st floor with no lifts so have to carry heavy suitcases up a flight of stairs. Cars are moved from site whilst you are away
Mr Silver 08 Nov, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The staff were helpful and it was relatively near to the airport. The rooms are VERY basic. The beds are not even doubles
Mrs Lewis 07 Nov, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill We were a little worried by some of the negative feedback about the hotel but having stayed there we decided there is no pleasing some people. The room was spotlessly clean, the food excellent and the shuttle bus to and from Gatwick was spot on time. Only problem is the hotel is a nightmare to find in the dark, even with sat-nav. The best advice we can give is once your sat-nav says you have reached your destination, keep going for about 1/4 mile and you will eventually get there.
Mr Brain 31 Oct, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Quality of room acceptable, but no more.
Mr Johnstone 29 Oct, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Russ Hotel was reasonably easy to find but room looked as though it could use a bit of redecoration. Food in hotel was excellent. Car parking very efficient and shuttle service to/from airport very good.
Mrs Mays 26 Oct, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill We were very happy with Russ Hill Hotel. We thought the package of hotel, car parking and breakfast was a brilliant idea and will happily do it again.
Mrs Allan 25 Oct, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Very good service, hotel was fine for 1 night. Car parking service was easy. Transfer to Gatwick was excellent both outgoing and on return.
Mr Shillcock 25 Oct, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The hotel was ok could do with some TLC in the rooms!! staff excellent & food delicious, good value for money. The transfers to & from the hotel were very good.
Mrs Ellis 21 Oct, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill room and food were ok, but i do not like the way the car was parked and lack of light to find car.
Mr Rumbold 09 Oct, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Very good apart from the long wait at Gatwick for our transfer bus to hotel car park. I do realise we may have just missed one.
Mr Hunt 07 Oct, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Excellent value for money for both parking, and the Russ Hill Hotel at Gatwick. The carvery offer at the hotel was well worth taking. Only drawback was that airport transfers were hourly.
Mr Morgan 05 Oct, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The Russ Hill Hotel, while by no means luxurious, was very good value for money for a night's stay with 2 weeks parking. Staff were friendly and helpful (& the added option to have the car delivered to Gatwick for ?15 was excellent). I would definitely use again.
Mr Asbury 04 Oct, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The only downside was finding our car when we came back - it had been moved to an area, along with hundreds of others, a long walk away from the hotel. They could have brought it to the entrance!
Mr Gowing 03 Oct, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Holiday Extras services excellent. I would suggest that the hotel we used (Russ House) provided an early breakfast option (ie buffet) for those people leaving early morning.
Mr Bonner 27 Sep, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The Hotel was OK; the bedrooms could do with a makeover as looking tired. Dinner and breakfast in the restaurant was good. A bonus for us was the shuttle to the airport does not pick up at other hotels en-route.
Mr Lewendon 19 Sep, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Excellent, hotel was very good value for money I will use holiday extras every time I travel - keep up the good work
Mrs Morrish 15 Sep, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill hotel was excellent food good room very nice
Mr Young 13 Sep, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Everything went smoothly. The hotel we booked was good, great food. Car was ready when arrived back. Staff were friendly. Would book here again.
Miss Orriss 11 Sep, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill I was actually very happy with the service that Holiday Extras provided, however the Hotel was very dated (but ok for the 1 night)
Miss Bloom 27 Aug, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The service we got was excellent, I had made a mistake with the booking and made it the day we were flying out rather than the night before. The lady we spoke to was so helpful, we got a full refund and she found us another hotel within minutes.
Mrs Branch 14 Aug, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The hotel was fine but drinks expensive! Room OK as it was just for one night. Your price + parking was excellent. Breakfast was poor. Would consider again.
Mr Bentall 16 Apr, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Hotel room was above function hall with a party that went on until 2am thus little sleep was had.
Mr Speight 12 Apr, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Hotel and services were very good- the only let down was the room. Dodgy bunk beds-very wobbly and room was ancient.
Mrs Cooper 10 Apr, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The hotel was ok but the bed was hard and uncomfortable.
Mr Wrigglesworth 10 Apr, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Does what it says on the tin, bargain price with quality, we used the £15 meet and greet option which was appreciated after a 10 hour flight.
Mr Moorhead 24 Mar, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Exellant as always! All staff were pleased to be of service. We will always use Russ Hill when flying from Gatwick.
Mrs Drew 18 Mar, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The staff were very helpful, the booking at the Russ Hill Hotel went well. The hotel itself could do with upgrading, room was cold and fabric was tatty.Would not recommend it.
Mrs Wilkins 03 Mar, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The price for the room and car park seemed very reasonable, though the transfers were extra and we needed to pay cash as the visa machine was not working. Room was basic and there was a wooden partition between ours and the neighbouring room. We could clearly hear next door's conversations. We paid extra to have our car delivered to the airport but apparently we had a flat battery. So the 10 minute wait turned into over 20 minutes on a cold night with 2 sleepy children.
Mrs Arnold 01 Mar, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill I appreciated the way that weather conditions were being monitored and when further snow was forecast, I was contacted to see if I would like an over-night stay with parking. Your agent was very helpful in making all the necessary adjustments. Many thanks.
Mr Aston 29 Jan, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill Every time we have used you facilities and tickets have all been as purchased and we have been very happy!
Mrs Edney 27 Jan, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill The hotel room was clean and warm and had been recently decorated, the staff were all helpful and polite, the food was good.
Slight issue with noise as there was a Christmas party going on, But it is Christmas.
I would definitely use this hotel again.
Mr Sunnar 06 Jan, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill If you are flying from Gatwick, Russ Hill Hotel is a must. Rooms are warm and clean. We opted for the carvery and this was excellent. Lovely bar area to relax in. Pay extra for the 'meet and greet service'. This was well worth it. Also shuttle bus to Gatwick was brilliant.
Mr Hryziuk 05 Jan, 2010out of 5
- Russ Hill All of the staff at the Russhill Hotel were very helpful especially the chap on reception he made sure we had rooms together instead of over two floors.We will use this Hotel for our next flight stop and parking
Mrs Storey 03 Jan, 2010out of 5