Gatwick Russ Hill Reviews Page 11Customer ratings and feedback
- 1979 Russ Hill Hotel Gatwick ratings have an average of
- Terminal : All terminals
- Star Rating :
- Restaurant : Yes
- 80% of customers who left a review for the Russ Hill Hotel Gatwick would book again
- 1979 customers have given an average rating of
- Russ Hill The directions to the Russ Hill Hotel where terrible, pointing out that is was one of the Life Hotel group would have helped
Mr Murray 12 Nov, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Second time we have stayed and parked at this hotel. Really is very convenient, clean and excellent value for money.
Miss Beale 09 Nov, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill We stayed at the Russ Hill Hotel on the night before a flight from Gatwick, and on the night of our return. Both rooms were adequate and at the price a real bargain. Supper in the bar was good for the price. The reception staff were very helpful, especially the Night Manager who offered a consistently high level of support to people checking in, even with his arm in a sling and obviously very painful. A credit to the establishment.
Mrs Spooner 05 Nov, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Your services fine, just thought the Russ Hill Hotel was very poor even for the price. The drinks in the bar were extortionate, good job there was a good pub in the village that did realistically priced food and drink. Don't think would stay there again but would use your services.
Mrs Stanley 31 Oct, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill the only improvement I could suggest it to give better directions to the hotel. Driving in the dark through miles of country lanes in an unfamiliar area and the sat-nav does not pick the hotel up was a little concerning. Other than that absolutely excellent
Mr Bicknell 30 Oct, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The hotel bedroom was appalling. Damp, cold and the heater on the wall blew cold air. We booked the hotel after a holiday in Cyprus. We had a night flight and was very tired otherwise I definitely would not have stayed in that room. The bed linen was old, shabby and worn. The view from outside the window was filthy and disgusting. I definitely would not have stayed in that room by choice but as it was the middle of the night we had no choice!!!
Mrs Wall 26 Oct, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Excellent service. The hotel I booked, on further inspection was off site parking. We didn't want this so asked to change to another hotel. Done immediately with no extra charges and money from original booking promptly refunded. Definitley use this site again.
Mrs Jones 26 Sep, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill We stayed at the Russ Hill hotel Gatwick, we were not impressed by the hotel or the transfer service.
Mrs Thomas 26 Sep, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill No things did not go smoothly - when we arrived at the hotel we were told that they had booked someone in the previous night under the reference you had given us. They sorted it out but it as stressful. The hotel was noisy and hot and the food was rubbish!
Mrs Rhodes 25 Sep, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The room at the Russ Hill Hotel was a comfortable but we were glad we weren't any taller than we are as the bed would have been too small
Mrs Trinick 25 Sep, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Good experience of room, dinner and coach to airport was marred by major delay of at least 30 minutes of return coach from airport.
Mr Hayzelden 21 Sep, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Got 1 night stay, and 15 nights car park for £49. Hotel fine, good location, took 10mins to get to gatwick. For the price you won't find better.
Mr Harries 14 Sep, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Hotel and food was very good only slight problem was that the car must have been parked in a field as it was dirty when I picked it up and it was clean when I left it
Mr Cowden 14 Sep, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Everything went well. Excellent value for money. Car taken care of, bus to the airport on time, short journey time. Hotel room just what was needed on late return to UK. Helpful staff.
Mrs Diaz 10 Sep, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The double and twin rooms were ok but the single was like a cupboard. There was no windows or air conditioning and it was extremely hot. Too hot to sleep. I would never book a single room there again.
Mrs Pattinson 09 Sep, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Everything was first rate apart from the fact that our flight was delayed and didn't get to the hotel until 1.00am and we were then woken with a early morning wake up call at 5.30am (which we hadn't ordered). However, we are all fallible (and we were relaxed after a lovely holiday)so can't really complain.
Ms Rankin-Boyle 08 Sep, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Morning of flight there was a power cut in our part of the hotel so had to try to get ready in the dark in unfamiliar surroundings. Also left car at hotel, while we were away car was moved to a different parking area, when I picked the car up it was covered in most of the local forest & looked like it had been driven through a hedge!!! Needless to say we were not impressed.
Mr Bone 07 Sep, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Room was heavily scented, as if to cover smells. Bus to airport was 35 minutes late. Parking went smoothly, and very efficient. Reasonable value all round.
Mr Cooper 05 Sep, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Good service, this is the third time we used Holiday Extras and will book with you in the future again.
Mrs Creasey 30 Aug, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The facilities at the hotel wer not up to standard. Shower did not work the bathroom was dirty and the bed was not a double. Not a good start to the holiday!
Mr Lucas 29 Aug, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Staff charming, hotel great only downside was there was only one bus an hour to the hotel from the arport.
Mr Jones 29 Aug, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill the hotel room was appalling, the room was too small and smelt. the breakfast was overpriced and the bus service was irrgular
Miss Khan 28 Aug, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill hotel good value for money but think car was parked in a muddy field, and just before our return the grass at the hotel had been cut and the car was covered in cuttings.apart from that all ok.
Mr Alexander 23 Aug, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Everything was good except the bar prices and the standard of the room. I know we only stayed for the one night but the rooms could be of a higher standard, I wouldn't like to stay for more than one night.
Mr Sheridan 19 Aug, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The only slight negative was that the timings of the bus service from the airport to the hotel were not that clear for night flights and as result we actually had to get a cab back to hotel which was an unexpected expense but otherwise superb -thank you
Ms Stanford 19 Aug, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill I have used holiday extra a few times and consistentlyy the quality and standard of hotels could not be better. I have also recommended it to families and friends
Mrs Lawrence 18 Aug, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill On both occasions, I had to be sent to another hotel due to a flood. Whilst I was understanding of these circumstances, and the hotel was helpful in sending me straight away to the other hotel, it would have been helpful to have had a phone call explaining that this was what they were going to do, as after a long drive, the last thing I wanted to be doing was moving to another hotel. To happen both times as well was very disappointing.
Miss Lock 16 Aug, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Staff at hotel were fantastic - helpful, well organised and happy. They must deal with hundreds of people a day yet found time to laugh and joke with customers whatever the hour. The bus drivers were polite, helped with our cases without us even asking and didn't drive off until our push chair was secured. The hotel room was a let down - old and saggy mattress didn't make for a great night's sleep and the decor is very tired. Value for money was very good but better rooms would make this a fantastic deal.
Mr Williams 04 Aug, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill staff were helpful but we were disappointed with car parking in the grounds miles from hotel in dark unlit field
Mr Long 04 Aug, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Everything was ok. It was lucky that i had read about the hotel being a life hotel otherwise it is easy to miss.The other down full is we had to wait along time for a bus coming home.Other than that it was ok.
Mrs Chapman 03 Aug, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Hotel room very small and drinks prices in bar horrific. But with the parking included, it was reasonable value for money.
Mr Owen 28 Jul, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Facilities were a little dated at the hotel - and the hotel was a lot further away from Gatwick than we thought and with the transfer back to the hotel from Gatwick being only once an hour led to nearly an hour wasted on return at the airport.
Mrs Rowe 28 Jul, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The hotel was not as expected, we had to change rooms twice and would not stay there ever again, the room was very small, the a/c did not work and the window was so high you could not see out of it.
Mrs Wanless 27 Jul, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The room was so incredibly hot with no air entering the room via the window which would only open a tiny amount and also the air conditioning system did not provide any cool air at all just moved warm air around. I didn't get a wink of sleep all night. Th
Miss Teasdel 22 Jul, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The room we got was nothing like that advertised. You should remove the russ hill hotel from your listings.Just look at the reviews on Trip Advisor. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
Mr Barnard 20 Jul, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The room was tiny and outside of the hotel. We were kept awake on the hour by passers by wheeling their cases to reception. Bus services was too infrequent and had to wait an hour at Gatwick for it on return from our holiday. Wouldn't recommend hotel or u
Miss Willis 20 Jul, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill I did not like the idea of paying the bus driver, we should make one payment and that should be final. I had to struggle as i had no change at the airport on our return
Mr Brown 13 Jul, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The staff were pleasant enough and the restaurant staff were particularly attentive. the food was OK, although the bar drinks were particularly expensive. The room was stuffy and the air conditioning was inefficient. We requested and received a change of room. Parking and transport & pick-up to/from the airport were OK.
Mr Hockings 09 Jul, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Only problem was on return as when we checked into the hotel the bar had shut early and there was nowhere to get a drink as the vending machine was broken.
Mr Bedlow 08 Jul, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill me and my wife stayed russ hill hotel and we went down for breakfast and evening meal and the price was high.[15.00] for breakfast. £12.to take me and wife to airport.and back.
Mr Hesketh 08 Jul, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Very good service. Only problem i found was waiting for 1 hour for the bus at the airport when we came back to got to the hotel.
Miss Pathmanathan 30 Jun, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill The Russ Hill Hotel was atrocious. The room I was given was not a 3-star room. We drove home in the middle of the night rather than stay there. My complaint has been handled properly.
Mr King 27 Jun, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill our only issue was the website did not advise us that the agent at the Russ Hill kept your car keys
Ms Lee 26 Jun, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Hotel was good, we have used it before. Our car was parked by my husband and when we returned it had been moved approximately 5 car spaces from the original spot - however when we left the car it was very clean because we had washed it that day, when we picked it up it was splashed with mud from all four wheels along the wings of the car - it looked as if someone had been rally driving in it - but hey what can you do. There are notices posted everywhere saying that no responsibility will be held for cars left parked in this hotel. We also used the same hotel for a nights stay and parking in November - when we collected our on that occasion we found that the stereo controls on the steering wheel had stopped working. We just thought it was a fault with our stereo but after using the hotel for the second time and finding our car so filthy when we picked it up I am not so sure we will use this facility again and try somewhere else.
Mrs Morris 24 Jun, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Stayed at Russ Hill Hotel. Very good - but can't believe that a hotel of that size DOESN'T HAVE A LIFT! The meal however was excellent although the beds must be coming up to their replacement date. Your staff and service has been first class as always. It would have been 10 out of 10 except for the above.
Mr Riseborough 22 Jun, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill totally happy with ur product which was a night in a hotel with parking for 15 days at gatwick all for Â£83(family of 4)and if i have had the money sooner i could have paid only Â£65 bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr Worth 21 Jun, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Great service, hotel ok for one night and car was exactly as it should be on my return. I would use this service again.
Ms Haines 07 Jun, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Pleasantly surprised considering the awful comments on the website. Had a lovely meal but a glass of wine was overpriced.
Mrs Page 02 Jun, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill We purchased one night stay and 14 day car parking. Weâ€™ve stayed before at the Russ Hill and as before the service during the stay was very good and enjoyable. Unfortunately our service when we returned to the UK wasn't as good (and is the reason that we will not be staying at the Russ Hill again). The car looked like it had been used in some kind of "off-road" competition and was tire deep in caked-on mud. It was parked jutting out into the mud-road thoroughfare which definitely gave the air that there was no or little care for the safe keeping of the car. Luckily it hadn't been bumped into by passing cars. The service that I received at the car key depot was surprisingly bad. Snot polite and treated us if we were a bother when I paid the unexpected extra £5 without quibble or comment (a sneaky policy I thought, and one that should be made clearer to your customers).
Mrs Willmott 01 Jun, 2009out of 5
- Russ Hill Check in and car check in went smoothly. We were lucky enough not to have to wait long for the transfer back to the hotel as the bus was only an hourly service and the car was ready for us when we arrived. However, the hotel room left a lot to be desired and the hotel itself was in need of refurbishment. There was no hot water through the shower or the sink even though we left the tap running for about 20 minutes (a notice asked you to be patient for a few minutes), the bed was very small for a double and the tv picture was only visible whilst in bed and was very grainy. Wouldn't stay there again but would book with Holiday Extras again - it wasn't your fault!!
Mrs Last 31 May, 2009out of 5