Gatwick Russ Hill Reviews Page 2Customer ratings and feedback
- 2558 Gatwick Russ Hill Reviews Pages ratings have an average of
- Terminal : All terminals
- Star Rating :
- Restaurant : Yes
- 78% of customers who left a review for the Gatwick Russ Hill Reviews Pages would book again
- 2558 customers have given an average rating of
- Russ Hill Hotel is very run down. Rooms are terrible.
Mr Compton 13 Jan, 2016out of 5
- Russ Hill Hotel room so small with no window,we had to put the suitcases in the bathroom as we could not move around the bed. Had a meal in the bar area my wife had a large black hair under the egg on her gammon steak, we called the waiter over he took back to the kitchen came back with no apology , and without asking if we required another said they were cooking another, which we refused . I also returns my meal because I felt sick after seeing my wife's meal, the chef was wearing a small hat on the top of her head, not with a net covering the rest of her hair, the waiter said she never had black hair which was a lie, as she walk out of the kitchen , my wife hair is brown. We also had a pre booked breakfast which was cold, so we ate very little, will never return to this hotel.
Mr Fleet 05 Jan, 2016out of 5
- Russ Hill very good service at a budget price well done
Mr Hamilton 16 Dec, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill every thing was fine,
Mr Dicks 11 Dec, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill On first appearance, the hotel looked very good - the reception areas, and the eating and bar areas were clean and tidy,and the food was good, and restaurant staff helpful. Sadly, our bedroom let the hotel down badly - wallpaper was lifting off the walls, paintwork was damaged, the bathroom cold and uninviting, and all very cramped and needed updated dramatically. The parking also felt very insecure - no-one either saw or challenged us when we came to take our car away, so anyone else could have done the same. Even at the reasonable price we paid, not good enough. We will not be returning
Mrs Bettles 06 Dec, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill All good - great start to a holiday
Mrs Browne 05 Dec, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Staff very helpful,room fine but other than reception area very cold, food disgusting.Seems quite a long journey from airport.Taking in cost of taxis to and from airport would rather pay more and stay nearer and have access to decent food.
Mrs Gilmour 02 Dec, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Very good
Mr Jones 25 Nov, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill The Hotel was very old, the rooms were very cold and needed decorating
Mrs Buxton 17 Nov, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Very helpful staff, very friendly
Mr Grubb 15 Nov, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Staff told us we had booked a double and not a family room and when we told them we booked a family room through holiday extras they said that was why. There were no family rooms! When we insisted on our booked family room they somehow found one which was fine
Mr Holloway 09 Nov, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Everything went well.The staff were helpful and we were pleased that meals were to be had at a reasonable price and there was a good choice. The trip to the airport went smoothly.
Mrs Russell 05 Nov, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill All went very smoothly. The meal was very good.
Mrs Govett 01 Nov, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill All went smooth staff were friendly and very helpful would book again
Mr Smitten 24 Oct, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Very shabby room but was eventually moved, all other aspects acceptable,
Mrs Dring-Hersey 22 Oct, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was small but clean, although the bed was really hard and the pillows were like bricks. We paid for the 3 course meal was ok but nothing to write home about. We would have like more information about the food, we were unaware it was only a carvery option that was on offer and would have preferred to order from the bar menu had we known it existed. The breakfast was awful.
Mrs Buxton 18 Oct, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill old unclean room needed upgrading urgently
Mr Edwards 18 Oct, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Great deal for parking, helpful and polite staff, but let down by the near inedible food - eat elsewhere and you'll be fine though.
Miss Millard 18 Oct, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Great carvery lovely staff
Mrs Radford 17 Oct, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill All fine
Ms Palfrey 11 Oct, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill small ground floor room with no window but service good and parking convenient food good value and quality
Mr Newman 06 Oct, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Yes, yes and yes. All very good value. A small point - some big potholes in the hotel car park could do with filling in, to avoid possible damage to cars when parking in the dark.
Mr Stazicker 04 Oct, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill No taxis for return journey and we didn't have a phone number to ring. We had to pay Â£20!!!!
Mrs Fairhurst 05 Oct, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill All very good
Mr Ward 01 Oct, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Not our favourite Gatwick hotel. Had a room in the annex which was tiny and uncomfortable. Ok I suppose for 1 night. Restaurant carvery was good value and very nice. Car parking was a bit of a mess especially in the dark on our return. There's plenty of hotel choice at Gatwick so will look elsewhere next time.
Mrs Perry 27 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Value for money, staff were helpful but the carpark was a bit chaotic
Mr Alexander 27 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill The room was very small, no windows which made it very difficult to sleep, as we both woke with headaches. The TV was in a very awkward place, which was on the left hand side of the bed, therefore unable to view. Draws beside bed & on TV cabinet unable to open as so close to the bed
Mrs Notton 27 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Food and accommodation good for the price we paid but very busy and when we arrived car parking arrangements were a little confusing. When collecting the car at the end of the holiday due to where it had been parked it was filthy and we had no say in where we were allowed to park. Even though there were plenty of places to park we were sent to an area a fair distance from the hotel even though only staying for a week. On return where we had been told to park the area was only half full.
Mrs Rookledge 27 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill may be a little updating but was clean and bed was commfy
Mrs Jones 22 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Chaotic on arrival - no one to show us where to go or park. Room was not great - broken window latch in bathroom and not the cleanest- bed very uncomfortable - food in bar area chosen from ripped and beer stained menus and could only be described as bad pub chain food at best - definitely will be paying extra next time for someone else as the old adage that you get what you pay for has never rung truer in this case!
Mr Bradshaw 20 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill The hotel is awful. Very tatty. Would not go there again. Carvery not worth booking would be better with bar food.Luckily only for one night.
Mrs Rose 20 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Room is quite small but adequate for an overnight stay all the staff were friendly
Mr Mccann 19 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill The hotel was dark and dingy ......... Staff not helpful and car parking a mess ........ Would never stay in russ hill again and would advise others to not ruin the start of their holiday by staying here ....... Need a holiday after staying there ........ Disgusting
Mr Rist 18 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill All was good and nice hotel, pitty the cab was very late to take us to the airport
Mrs Fendler 15 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill The reception staff were great. The hotel is very handy for the airport but its a little run down. The rooms were of a poor standard even for the one night stay. The pre-booked meal was to say the least, taste-less and like school dinners. The parking was good and the taxi service to the airport was adequate. I would not use the hotel again.
Mrs Finlay 15 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill The room was tiny andno window or air conditioning but we were given 2 fans. The taxi service was excellant
Mr Wilkinson 13 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill When we arrived at Russ hill they had no record of us booking 2 rooms and it was quite a lot of hassle trying to find us a room which we could have done without they Te us it was holiday extras error but it turned out to be russ hill hotel error I can only explain the hotel as faulty towers when all was sorted out we did have a laugh about it
Mrs Goldhawk 13 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill It was so easy and the staff were very helpful
Mrs Stone 13 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Yes, Yes but our room had no windows so felt quite claustrophobic.
Mr Stanton 13 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill facilities were fine although the staff were miserable, just the bare minimum service.
Ms Cottrell 09 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Used this place twice now you have to go in mind it's a bed for the night so you don't have to rush to the airport. It's very tired in places and like a rat warren by the time you drag your cases to the room your sweating. Not the clean shinny place that you show in tour video.
Mr Goode 09 Sep, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Everything went smoothly. Building dated but all clean and serviceable. Staff were very helpful.
Mrs Sapsford 06 Aug, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Room very small,no air con, but dinner carvery was very good value. Car parking ideal
Mrs Bramman 05 Aug, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Room was very good - taxi very efficient. Only downside was meal - very basic, we were not offered wine - but it did the job. No frills.
Mrs Abbott 18 Jul, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill The hotel was stunning on arrival so had high expectations. Didn't sleep once though as it was so uncomfortable and hot, window was tiny with double windows on so it was hard to get air and the air con didn't work. Not what I needed before an early flight
Miss Leggett 15 Jul, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Staff were excellent. The room had been booked on the wrong day but the staff didn't bat an eyelid and sorted everything out in quick time. Many thanks.
Mr Forman 13 Jul, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Staff very helpful,pleasant,polite and informative, but as we have stayed there before we feel that the hotel is getting very tired looking , the bedrooms could definitely do with being improved.
Mrs Marks 11 Jul, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Good value for money, not five star but ideal for Gatwick.
Mr Stanley 11 Jul, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Everything went smoothly, however the whole place could do with an upgrade or at least a lick of paint. staff were very helpful.
Mrs Davies 08 Jul, 2015out of 5
- Russ Hill Facilities very poor mould in room dirty not what we expected, worst hotel we have ever stayed in.
Mrs Davis 08 Jul, 2015out of 5