Bars at the Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Two bars to enjoy? We'll drink to that!
In the far left corner of the Lobby Bar youll notice a vast, antiquated beer barrel and frosted glass windows on swing doors, which mark the entrance to the convivial Irish bar, Callaghans. In this corner of the Crowne Plaza youll find an agreeably old-fashioned atmosphere, with long wooden benches, easy-going music and oodles of atmosphere. If you're looking for a bit of evening entertainment, get your cash out for a game of pool... Callaghans is great for a lively evening in!
An entirely different style from the rest of the hotel, Callaghans Irish Bar is all about your typical pub grub and of course, a good old pint of Guinness. Worlds apart from the rest of the hotel, Callaghans will positively charm your socks off with its archetypal atmosphere and authentic Irish fayre. Theres barely a square foot of visible wall space - its covered in books, tankards, stoneware, whiskey jugs, and frame upon frame of olden-day paintings and sepia photographs. Food is also served all evening and theres also a small grassy spot to the side of the hotel for outdoor seating.
- 4.30pm to 11.30pm
The Lobby Bar
- "Everything good, only improvement is that would have been good to have more info atound choices to eat in the hotel, I.e. Restaurants and Sports bar - Sports bar not mentioned"
- "Staff very helpful. Only problem was the car park barrier was jammed when we returned after our holiday. The barrier was raised manually to allow us to leave."
- "Stayed at the Crown Plaze. Everything went very smoothly from checking in to checking out. Room beautiful we also had a meal in the restaurant and drinks in the bar, all staff very helpful and very relaxed atmosphere. Would definitely book again."
- "Everything was perfectly O. K. Car parking facilities were crowded at the hotel but a space was easily found. Hotel reception was busy but efficient. bar snacks good and shuttle to airport terminal very good."
- "The perfect start to a holiday, get to the airport hotel the night before the flight, park the car, nice room, quite drink in the bar, good nights sleep, easy transfer to the airport for an early morning flight"
- "We have used your hotel on a number of occasions. Dined in various restaurants and used the bars. Always pleased with the facilities which allow us to relax prior to long haul flights."
- "we were delighted with the swift and efficient airport transfer services - all included in the very acceptable price we paid . A very nice comfortable hotel which would have got 10/10 but for the high bar prices we were charged."
Theres a very masculine theme to the Lobby bar, which stands it in stark contrast to the indulgent and seductive aubergine tones of the Lobby lounge, just around the corner. Choose a bottle of rouge from the shocking orange display units, or opt for a glass of lager to round off your day. Take a seat in this raised seating area for a nosey at the restaurant, or chill out in any of the rows of stylish and squashy sofas that line the windowed wall.
- The Lobby Bar
- 9am to 12.30am
Both bars have wonderfully helpful, accommodating staff, wholl serve you ciders, beers and lagers by the bottle and on draught. Theres a large selection of wines to choose from, plus all your expected spirits and soft drinks, and plenty of places to enjoy a tipple. Head for Callaghans if youre looking for a cosy corner to tuck away in, or stick with the Lobby bar if you prefer an open-plan, airy environment.