Finish your holiday on the right note by preparing in advance for the arrival of your flight at Leeds Bradford airport. On this page youll find a live feed for inbound flights allowing you to get your timing perfect, information for picking a passenger up from the airport, and details on how to make the most of the numerous public transport links.
Picking someone up?
Leeds Bradford airport is located conveniently close to the M1 and M62 motorways, and the A1. Its also frequently signposted, so once you get close youll be able to find your way there with ease. For an idea of how far youll need to travel by car, and how early you should set off, see the distances from some nearby locations below:
- Bradford 7 miles, 15 minutes
- Huddersfield 21 miles, 34 minutes
- Leeds 11 miles, 22 minutes
- Sheffield 45 miles, 55 minutes
- York 31 miles, 45 minutes
You can use sat nav to make the journey simpler with the postcode: LS19 7TU. Upon arrival youll be able to stop off and pick up your passenger at one of the car parks, and as theres only one terminal you dont need to worry about getting lost.
If you would like more detailed directions, try our directions to Leeds Bradford airport page, or plan your route using the map below.
Where to park when you arrive
A variety of parking options are available, so drivers who are picking up an inbound passenger have plenty to choose from. Whether you book in advance or on the day, Leeds Bradford airport offers competitive prices on all of its parking options. The following car parks can be convenient for picking up passengers:
- Short-Stay and Business This is the closest car park to the terminal building, and you can stay for up to half-an-hour for just £2*.
- Short-Stay 2 and Mid-Stay parking Though slightly further from the terminal, this is another good option if you think you could be waiting a while. Prices are similar to the Short-Stay and Business car park.
- Terminal Front Express Parking This is located opposite the terminal, so you can see your friends or family members as they leave. Its perfect for short stays of up to 30 minutes, and cannot be booked in advance. The minimum charge of £2 will be levied for your first half-an-hour, after which youll be charged £5 per hour*.
- Free one-hour zone You can save money by using the free zone in the Long-Stay car park. Its just a seven-minute walk from the terminal, and as you can stay for an hour, free-of-charge, it can be an excellent pick-up point if you plan ahead*.
*Prices shown correct as of August 27, 2013.
Not getting picked up?
Theres no need to worry if youre not getting collected from Leeds Bradford airport. The airport is connected to local train stations and is serviced by regular buses, so you can travel quickly to your destination without worrying about driving.
Find out more about the public transport options:
- Train. Hop on one of the regular buses, which travel from the airport to Leeds and Bradford train stations. Both have excellent links to mainland UK stations, whether youre from the north, south, east or west.
- Bus and coach. The airports position between Leeds, Bradford and Harrogate means that you have a wide range of bus options. Services to all of these destinations run from early morning to late at night, including on weekends and bank holidays perfect when you get back from a long weekend away.
- Taxi. If youre willing to spend a little extra, you can hail a comfortable taxi for up to eight passengers from Leeds Bradford airport. The official private hire company is Arrow Cars, and you can find their office immediately outside the terminal building.