(3 star hotel)
including 8 days parking
from the airport
Parking at the Heathrow Thistle
The Heathrow Thistle offers two parking packages, and some cost little more than a room-only option, so are certainly well worth a look.
The Thistle has 600 spaces in front of the hotel, which are protected by CCTV and barriers. There is also a parking package available at the Long Stay terminal 1 and terminal 3, which is 10 minutes from hotel. If you choose this option, you will park your car overnight at the hotel and then drive to the Long Stay in the morning before you catch your flight.
Long Stay t1, t3
The Heathrow Long Stay T1 and 3 is Heathrow's official on-airport car park. It's protected by CCTV, barriers and regular patrols, and its runs transfers to and from terminals 1 and 3 every 10 minutes, 24 hours a day. When you return for your holiday, you can catch the bus back to the car park from bus stop 2 at terminal 1 or bus stop 17 at terminal 3.
Arrival at the Thistle Terminal 5
The earliest check-in time is 14:00.
Directions to the hotel:
Leave the M25 at junction 14 and follow the signs to terminal 4/Cargo.
At the first roundabout, take the A3044 towards Longford and Colnbrook.
At the second roundabout take the third exit towards Longford. Go through Longford. The hotel is 800 yards down the road on the right.
It may help you to enter UB7 0ET into your SatNav when looking for the hotel.
The latest check-out time is noon.
The easiest way to get to terminal 5 is on the driverless POD shuttle from the Business car park opposite the hotel.
It leaves every 3 minutes, takes 5 minutes and costs £5 each way per person. It runs from 03:00 to 01:00 Monday to Friday, then until 23:00 on Saturdays and from 04:00 on Sundays.
All you need to do is get in, press the button for Terminal 5 and the POD does the rest for you. You'll arrive at Car Park Level 2, Business Parking and all you'll need to do then is hop in the lift to check-in. From terminal 5 you can also get to the other terminals via the Heathrow Express train.
Alternatively, for the other terminals you can get the Heathrow Hoppa bus which takes 15 minutes,and costs £4.50 one way.
If you do choose the Hoppa, you’ll need bus H4 for terminals 2 and 3 and H51 for terminal 4.
Getting to and from Heathrow airport
On the day of your stay:
Drive to the hotel - your confirmation will include directions and a postcode for sat navs. Overnight parking is included in the price.
Getting from the hotel to the airport:
1. Drive to Long Stay T2 and T3. Directions to the car park are given in your confirmation. You should give yourself at least 40 minutes to drive to the car park, park your car and catch the transfer bus to the terminal.
2. When you arrive at the car park, take a ticket from the machine at the barrier, then drive in and park your car.
3. Then make your way to the bus stop and catch the transfer bus to the terminal.
4. Transfers run when needed between 23:00 and 04:00. The bus runs every 10 minutes and takes just 10 minutes - and the best thing is, it's included in the price.
- You need to get back to the car park by bus.
- Call the car park and let them know which terminal you are at, along with your bus stop number and which car park you require.
- When you get back, collect your car, then drive to the exit barrier, insert your ticket and wait for it to lift.
- Drive out the barrier and head home.
Thistle Terminal 5 address