(3 star hotel)
from the airport
Extra frills at a no-frills price
For an affordable hotel at Gatwick airport, you won't believe just how much is on offer at the Holiday Inn Express Crawley. From the friendly, comfortable atmosphere and the variety of rooms on offer, to the free, on-site parking and free hot breakfast, this is a hotel with frills at a no-frills price!
Little extras at little expense
You'll probably want to spend as little time at the airport as you possibly can, but still not be stranded in the middle of nowhere. Well, the Holiday Inn Express has the solution: it's just a short walk away from Crawley town centre, with plenty of shops and restaurants to keep you occupied. Still, on the morning of your flight, it's only a quick bus or train ride to the airport.
On the same site as the hotel is a Harvester pub offering dinner and drinks, while the hotel itself has a small bar and a morning breakfast buffet. All the rooms have a TV, hot drinks and wifi available. If you find yourself too comfortable in your room to head out to dinner, the hotel even offers local takeaway menus you can use to order food up to your room. You'll find everything you need, but you won't have to pay for anything you don't. The perfect option for the budget traveller who still appreciates the little things.
We recommend the Holiday Inn Express for:
Great value - For a budget-hotel price, you get a great-quality hotel with comfortable rooms. You also get a free breakfast and free, on-site parking.
A great night's sleep - The hotel has large, modern beds, with air conditioning and even a choice of pillows.
Explorers - The Holiday-Inn Express Gatwick is just a short walk away from all the shops, bars and clubs of Crawley town centre, so you won't be stranded at the hotel.
Overall excellent, only one thing that I marked down for was that we waited about 15mins for the early morning bus to arrive. Everything else was great, friendly staff, quick transfer & easy to find.Mrs Henry (Gatwick Holiday Inn Express)
Everything went to plan. Good choice of hotel not too far from the airport. Excellent parking at Gatwick, slick, professional and all round good service. Will use your services again. Thanks.Mr Franklin (Gatwick Holiday Inn Express)
Booked hotel with you which was a building site, completely awful, which was not your fault, the parking we also booked via you great.Mr Rutter (Gatwick Holiday Inn Express)
When I had to change my booking as I had madeMrs Dowse (Gatwick Holiday Inn Express)
a mistake a member of staff was very friendly and helpful. It was also nice to speak to a real person.
Staff very helpful, ensured breakfast bar was opened early due to an early flight time, also gave very good directions to the off site parking, room very clean and comfortable.Mr Wells (Gatwick Holiday Inn Express)
See more Gatwick Holiday Inn Express customer reviews
Overall rating: 82% by 71 guests
Arrival at the Express by Holiday Inn
Earliest check-in is 14:00.
Here are your directions to the hotel:
- Leave the M23 at junction 10.
- The slip road will take you to a motorway roundabout and if you're coming from the north, you'll need to take the third exit, but if you're coming from the south, you'll need to take the first exit, and you should end up on the A2011 Crawley Avenue.
- At the end of the road, you'll come to a roundabout and will need to take the first exit onto Hazelwick Avenue.
- Shortly after, you'll need to take the second exit at the mini-roundabout.
- At the end of the road, you'll need to turn right onto A2220 Haslett Avenue East.
- As you drive down this road, you should see the hotel on your left.
The latest time you can check-out of the hotel is 12:00.
There's a public bus between the hotel and the South terminal. It runs every 20 minutes and costs £2.20 per adult. If you're flying from the North Terminal you can catch the bus to the South terminal, and then take the free, 24-hour monorail service over to the North Terminal, which runs every 3 minutes and takes around 2 minutes.
Getting to and from Gatwick airport
On the day of your stay:Drive to the Holiday Inn Express and park in the hotel’s car park overnight. Full driving directions will be on your confirmation and overnight parking is included in the price.
Getting from the hotel to the airport:1. Drive to Purple Parking to drop off your car - you’ll find full details on your booking confirmation.
2. Park in one of the arrival bays, take note of the bay number and head to reception to hand over your keys and booking details.
3. You’ll be given a ticket with instructions on what to do when you return - remember to keep this safe.
4. Your car will be parked for you while you board the shuttle bus to the terminal. Buses run every 20 minutes, take 15 minutes to get to both terminals and are included in the price.
5. Purple Parking has CCTV and regular staff patrols.
Coming home:1. Catch the shuttle bus back to Purple Parking - it’s included in the price. It’s bus stop 6 or 7 at the north terminal and bus stop 7 or 8 at the south terminal. Show your ticket to the driver as you board.
2. Collect your keys from reception and find your car.
3. Drive to the exit barrier and scan the barcode attached to your keys to leave.
Express by Holiday Inn address
Haslett Avenue East,
Three Bridges, Crawley,