Restaurants at the Gatwick Acorn Lodge Hotel
Close in on a good meal
The Acorn Lodge is rightly proud of its Melissa restaurant, which serves freshly-prepared Mediterranean-style dishes. The restaurant, which looks out onto the patio garden, is open for breakfast from 6am to 9am, and again for dinner from 6pm to 9.30pm.
- Melissa Restaurant
- Breakfast: 6am to 9am
- Dinner: 6pm to 9.30pm
Breakfast - Get your day off to a good start with cereal, juice and a fresh-brewed tea or coffee, while the chef gets busy in the kitchen preparing you a hearty English or vegetarian breakfast. We found it hot, fresh and tasty and the portions very generous! And the best news is, it's all free.
Dinner - For dinner, the a la carte menu features French, Italian and Turkish cuisine. Whether youre in the mood for authentic, home-made shish kebabs, roast lamb shank or fresh Dover Sole, theres something here thats bound to tempt you. Starters cost around £5 and main courses start at £8 and go up to £18.50 for seafood dishes. Theres over twenty main courses to choose from and we thought the food looked and smelled fantastic. Leave space for dessert if you can, theres a daily selection of mouth-watering puddings.
- "Enjoyed our stay at Acorn Lodge. Food in restaurant was very good. Smooth transfer to and from Gatwick. Would stay again and highly recommend."
Mr Carlin, 24 Apr 2013
- "Clean, efficiently run accommdation and parking. Food in restaurant was piping hot, freshly prepared and nicely presented.On our return the transport turned up within 5-10mins of phone call.Excellent experience all round."
Mrs Vandenakker, 23 Apr 2013
- "It was a fantastic start to my holiday. The hotel was spotless and the staff were lovely. The food in the restaurant was excellent. Arrived back from holiday and picked our car up straight away, no waiting around. I would stay there again."
Mrs Caley, 30 Sep 2011
- "Hotel room was lovely and we had a good evening meal in the hotel restaurant. Hotel is close to Gatwick south terminal so the transfer was quick."
Mrs Foy, 10 Jun 2011
- "The Acorn Hotel and parking at Gatwick was a bargain. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The evening meal was delicious served by a very pleasant lady who made us so very welcome in their restaurant. We would use this hotel again."
Mrs Macdonald, 17 Mar 2011
If youre overwhelmed by choice, try the £22 set menu with a choice of four starters and four main courses, plus dessert of the day and coffee. A selection of wines to complement your dinner is available by the bottle ask the chef for recommendations and the house wines are also available by the glass.
For £8.95, the special children's menu gives younger guests a choice of chicken goujons or nuggets, spaghetti, or sausage and eggs, with a dessert. The restaurant is also open to people who aren't staying at the hotel and it's very popular, especially for Sunday lunch.