Restaurants at the Gatwick Holiday Inn Hotel
Fill up on hearty meals at reasonable prices
No glad rags needed here: just dress comfortably and enjoy the best-of-British cuisine. While Traders restaurant has an informal, casual feel, its hearty and reasonably priced dishes are prepared with finesse. Starters begin at £5.75, and you can pick up a traditional pie and mash with vegetables for £11.45. Traders' also offers an impressive wine list. We recommend a glass of the New Zealand Villa Maria Private Bin Pinot Noir with your sirloin steak the perfect pairing.
You'll be greeted by a menu full of old-fashioned British favourites. The restaurant prides itself on supporting British producers, so all meals are made using fresh and locally sourced ingredients. To give you a taster, some of the starters on offer include ham hock and pea terrine, classic prawn cocktail, soup of the day, and Wensleydale-topped mushrooms.
Classics like fish and chips, coronation chicken, steak and kidney pie and cheese and ham pork escalope make up the mains menu, as do succulent steaks and chicken kebabs.
For those with a sweet tooth, there are eleven dessert options to choose from. Enjoy favourites such as bread and butter pudding, banoffee crumble and caramel apple granny, followed by a classic British cheeseboard. We recommend the cherry bakewell cheesecake for an indulgent treat - it was divine!
- Traders Restaurant
- 6pm to 10.15pm
- Monday to Friday: 6am to 10.30am
- Saturday and Sunday: 7am to 11am
The English buffet breakfast at the Holiday Inn is a belly-buster. Nibble at pastries and sweet treats or tuck into the variety of hot food on offer sausages, eggs, bacon, beans, hash browns and tomatoes. Those looking for a healthier start to the day can opt for fresh fruit, yoghurt and cereal.
Breakfast costs £16 at the hotel, but if you book our breakfast add-on, you can save £6 per person.
- "Check in very smooth, staff efficient and welcoming, room very clean and comfortable. Very nice bar, serving reasonably priced light meals, (did not use the restaurant). Would definitely use again when flying from Gatwick"
Mr Hazell, 30 Jun 2013
- "Hotel good, good restaurant. Shuttle bus service excellent- particularly on return trip- took minutes. Just not been made clear that car was taken off-site for parking- info said it was on-site parking"
Mrs Chandler, 02 Feb 2013
- "Hotel was fine, though the restaurant food was not as good as the service on the outward journey. The the courtesy bus to the terminal was prompt, though there was a long walk from the bus stop to the terminal."
Mrs Mckenzie, 05 Apr 2012
- "Everything as described. Very good hotel with an excellent restaurant and all staff were very polite and helpful. Transfers to and from the airport were also very efficient."
Mr Stansfield, 27 Apr 2011
Kids eat free
That's right! Two children under the age of 13 can eat free from the kids' menu when dining with an adult. The children's menu offers two courses, with dishes including fish fingers and chips, pizza, and pasta with tomato sauce. Ice cream for dessert is a natural favourite.