Enjoy cheap and reliable travel insurance with our basic cover policy, providing affordable levels of cover to financially safeguard your holiday.
Travel insurance to keep you happy
Choosing the right holiday insurance should be just as important as picking the perfect hotel. At Holiday Extras, we can offer the best travel insurance on a single trip policy; so you and your possessions are protected. Leaving you, with more to spend on the sea-view!
Why choose Basic cover?
Introducing our lowest yet fully comprehensive level of cover, making the Basic package our most affordable single trip travel insurance policy. Both our Standard cover and Premium cover offer higher levels of financial protection but with Basic cover, we've ensured you'll receive an appropriate amount of cover for the smallest price - so you leave equipped with the absolute essentials.
We've also included End Supplier Failure- so you are covered if the hotel or airline face closure.
As part of medical emergency cover, you are also insured for repatriation back to the UK, so you don't need to worry about racking up a huge medical bill if you get into difficulty while abroad.
The Basic package provides cover across UK, Europe and Worldwide on a single trip basis. So perhaps you are planning to travel to Spain for 7 days, for £1.75 per day we'll be your financial safety net if anything goes wrong.
How long is a "single trip"?
Providing that you are aged 85 or under we can cover you for one trip of up to 365 days.
What am I covered for?
- £500 cancellation cover per person. From the minute you receive your policy schedule to the moment you step on the plane - we've got you covered should you have to cancel.
- £2 million medical cover per person. A broken bone or sudden illness can disrupt your holiday but knowing we'll pick up the medical bill should ease the stress.
- £500 personal possessions cover per person. If you experience a loss, damage or theft to your luggage and belongings, with personal possessions cover they can be replaced.
- Loss of Passport - with a basic level policy, you can receive up to £100 cover for the loss of your passport.
- Under 18's travel free. All under 18's accompanied by a paying adult are entitled to free cover.
Looking to book for multiple trips?
If you require holiday insurance for more than one trip across 12 months, then we have an annual travel insurance policy offering the maximum level of cover on a multi-trip basis. With much higher financial protection and flexible premium benefits, should you wish to add additional cover options such as winter sports cover-including ski equipment hire and piste closure - then we fully recommend the annual multi-trip cover for your travels.
Will you be travelling with a pre-existing medical condition?
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions then its important you let us know. Whether you decide to book via our simple online booking system or UK based call centre, with your condition in mind we can provide affordable holiday insurance. We work alongside Latitude insurance with a scheme to arrange fairly priced comprehensive cover for our customers aged up to 85 with pre-existing medical conditions.