Taking a trip to the Big Apple? Choose from our great range of worldwide travel insurance policies, starting from just £33.25*
Get elite travel insurance for New York
There's no shortage of things to do in New York, the world's most iconic megacity. By arranging travel insurance to New York with Holiday Extras, you can enjoy the sights and attractions, safe in the knowledge that your entire group is protected by our generous cover.
The build-up to your flight is stress-free thanks to our cancellation cover. If you need medical attention for declared medical conditions or unforeseen medical expenses, our cover can help to negate the USA's high premiums.
Why Holiday Extras is best for New York travel insurance
When you book our worldwide travel insurance you'll be able to choose from three policy levels:
- Basic - provides cancellation cover of £500 per person, medical cover of £2 million, and £500 personal possessions cover.
- Standard - provides £1,000 cancellation cover per person, £5 million medical costs, and £1,500 personal possessions cover.
- Premium - provides £5,000 of cancellation cover per person, £2,000 personal possessions cover, and £10 million in medical cover.
Single Trip or Annual trip?
You can also choose between single trip or annual travel policies. Our annual cover allows you to take multiple trips over the year with the Premium level of protection, and groups who live together can benefit from annual policies which do not require them to travel together. Whichever direct or referral policy level you select, any children aged under 18 will be covered for FREE if accompanied by an adult.
Booking your policy
The booking process is nice and easy, whether you choose to do so online or via our UK call centre. Fill in our insurance quote form above to choose a policy, or simply call our insurance experts for help making a booking and further information.
Tips for New York travel
Currency - It is advisable to convert your pounds to US dollars in advance, to get the best rate. If you need more cash you'll find banks and moneychangers throughout New York.
Visa - British travellers may be able to fly into New York on a reciprocal visa-waiver programme, but ordinarily a US visa from a consulate or embassy is required for entry.
Valuables - Crime rates in New York have decreased significantly in recent years, but when visiting bustling attractions like Times Square be sure to keep your valuables secure.
Things to do in New York
- Experience the glamour and excitement of a Broadway show in the bustling Theatre District.
- Get a taste of 'The Big Apple' - whether it's from a Michelin star restaurant or a charismatic street vendor.
- Times Square, known as 'The Crossroads of the World', offers boutique shopping and a thriving atmosphere in Midtown Manhattan.Visit the Statue of Liberty, an iconic figure in America and beyond.
- Hire a car or take the train to see Niagara Falls, three stunning waterfalls renowned for their natural beauty.
*Prices based on 1 person aged 25 with no pre-existing medical conditions, travelling Worldwide incl. USA/Canada/Caribbean from 23/06/18 until 30/06/18. Price correct as of November 2017.