Secure policies for South Africa
A trip to South Africa wont soon be forgotten. Ensure that you remember your trip for all the right reasons by booking travel insurance with Holiday Extras.
Long flights can be expensive, and our cost-effective policies provide cover for cancellations. Well also offer generous medical costs, should you suffer from a declared pre-existing condition, or unforeseen medical expenses.
Choosing Holiday Extras as your provider
Holiday Extras allows you to choose from three levels of insurance so you can tailor your choice to your trip:
- Basic cover provides £500 for cancellation costs per person, £1 million in medical cover, and £1,500 for baggage.
- Standard cover provides £1,000 cancellation cover per person, £2 million of medical cover, and £1,500 of baggage cover.
- Premium cover offers up to £5,000 cancellation cover per person, £1,500 for baggage, and £5 million to cover your medical costs.
Booking your policy
The booking process with Holiday Extras is quick and easy. You can choose your policy online or via our call centre team. Simply fill in the form above to compare our cover levels and make a payment. Extra help and further booking can be obtained from our friendly call centre team, they're FREE to call on our UK based helpline.
You can arrange an annual travel policy, which offers the same protection as Premium cover, if you intend to take multiple trips throughout the year. Individuals, couples or families on annual policies who live together do not have to travel together to be covered, and kids up to 18 are covered for FREE when they travel with at least one paying adult.
Useful tips for travel to South Africa
Currency South Africas currency is the rand, and it can be exchanged for British pounds in advance, or at a money changer in a city.
Vaccinations The World Health Organisation recommends that you are vaccinated against Rabies, Typhoid and Hepatitis B. Be sure to get your injections weeks in advance, as our medical cover won't support you if you do not receive the required immunisations.
Security Areas of South Africa have high levels of crime, so always try to travel in groups, and avoid travelling, or withdrawing money, at night.
South African attractions
- The size of Israel, Kruger National Park has stunning landscapes and unique wildlife, like black rhinos and giraffes.
- Cape Town offers a gorgeous blend of beaches, vineyards and bustling markets.
- Play golf at the Hans Merensky Hotel & Spa. Try not to hit a zebra with a wayward shot!
- Ostrich farms abound in Oudtshoorn you can even try to ride one.
- Cage dive with Great White Sharks in Gansbaai, just two hours from Cape Town.