Travelling with asthma? Latitude has you covered
Theres no reason why you cant get away and get a good deal with Holiday Extras travel insurance, working alongside Latitude insurance we provide cover for people who are often turned down by other insurance companies.
In the last 24 months we have sold 133,000 policies. We regularly check our prices against our competitors so we can make direct comparisons to ensure we're offering the lowest possible price, with the best comprehensive cover for your travel insurance policy.
Why choose Latitude travel insurance for asthma?
Buying asthma travel insurance neednt be stressful or expensive. With Latitude, youll get up to £15m in medical cover, cancellation cover up to £5,000 per person per trip and up to £2,000 baggage cover - all for a very good price.
If youre planning on taking more than one trip a year, it could make sense to take out an annual policy. The Latitude travel insurance asthma policy also offers cruise and winter sports options, so your condition wont restrict your holiday fun. Perfect for families, under-18s are included for free by an adult Latitude holiday insurance policy and everyone in your party is covered regardless of their medical conditions.
How Latitude can help you book travel insurance for asthma
You can book online in a couple of easy steps. By entering your details in our quote form above - making sure you've declared your condition and completed our simple, discreet screening process - you can choose from two cover levels. Followed by a simple, secure payment and peace of mind for your trip.
If you'd prefer to book over the phone then simply place a call to 0800 093 1900 to speak to one of friendly team members. It's FREE to call and all bookings are made via our UK call centre.
While youre away, you can enjoy your holiday safe in the knowledge that Latitude provides a 24-hour emergency helpline. Take a look at our policy and find out how we can make your holiday easier with our travel insurance for people with asthma.
Top tips for travelling with asthma
- Discuss your holiday plans with your doctor four to six weeks before you travel they may have some advice relevant to your particular needs and will want to review your personal asthma action plan.
- Choose your destination wisely humid climates will contain high levels of pollen and mould; cold countries can be problematic for those whose asthma is triggered by low temperatures. Avoid staying in polluted cities or anywhere there are pets, smoke or a lack of air-conditioning.
- Carry all your asthma medicines as hand luggage take a little extra in case of emergencies and bring a list of all your prescribed medicines, or ask for a letter from your doctor. Keep your medicines in their original packaging, and find out the names of your medication in your destination and how you can get medical help there. Remember to check out up to date security and baggage restrictions.
- Contact the airport and your airline in advance if you think you will need any special assistance or equipment before or during your flight.
- Ensure your nebuliser is serviced if you have one and don't forget a mains adaptor suitable for the country you're visiting. Asthma UK has a very useful section on travelling with asthma.