Travelling with heart problems? Latitude has you covered
If you have suffered from a heart attack or are living with a heart condition, there's need to add a premium to your policy. Looking for financial protection to travel after heart surgery or almost any heart problems needn't be an expensive hassle, our holiday insurance can ensure a stress-free getaway.
Choosing Latitude as your insurance provider?
Our cover provides up to £15 million of medical treatment, as well as a £2,000 allowance if your suitcases go missing and up to £10,000 for fees if you need to cancel your trip. We can cover everyone in your party up to the age of 89 for ski holidays and cruises. We even have a 24-hour emergency helpline to talk through any worries or concerns you might have while youre away.
Booking holiday insurance - how Latitude can help
Booking your travel insurance policy is quick and easy. Whether you choose to book online or via our call centre, be sure to complete our simple and discreet medical screening to declare your conditions.
To receive a quote online, fill in the form above and choose from our available cover levels to make your payment. Or simply place a FREE call to 800 093 5478 to book through one of the friendly team in our UK-based call centre.
Latitude will keep you covered when you need it most
If the worst happens while youre away, then well do everything we can to ensure your treatment is covered. Your Latitude policy includes medical insurance up to a value of £15 million. That means we can be sure you have the best care and treatment if you should need it, without having to worry about the consequences. Take a look at the Latitude policy to see what else we can do for you.
Top tips for customers travelling with a heart condition
- Talk to your GP before you leave, as they can give you advice on travelling and provide you with a note confirming you have a heart condition in case you run into any problems while youre away.
- Keep details of your prescription to hand, including the generic name and the dosage. This will ensure you can ask for exactly what you need if you have to get more medication for any reason.
- Dont forget about time-zones when planning your doses. Your schedule might not be as convenient in local time.
- Keep mobile during your flight to reduce the risk of deep vein thrombosis and drink plenty of water. Try to avoid too much alcohol or caffeine.
- Be careful at high altitudes as the air will be thinner and put more strain on your heart.