Whether you have cancer or have suffered in the past, find a travel insurance policy with peace of mind online or call 0800 042 0309 and quote "WK289"
Coping with cancer is hard so we want to help by making your holiday stress-free. You may be having trouble finding an affordable travel insurance with a medical condition and perhaps faced with higher premiums from other providers. That's why we formed Latitude - our team of insurance experts - they specialise in providing the best policies by simply providing cheap holiday insurance to travellers who deserve it most.
Choosing us as your insurance provider
Our holiday insurance for cancer sufferers protects anyone up to the age of 89 for both single trip and annual travel policies. Included are benefits of up to £5,000 if you need to cancel your holiday, up to £2,000 if you lose your luggage or medicine and up to £15 million in medical expenses and life insurance if you need it. We can cover you and everyone in your party for travel in the UK and abroad, including for cruise and winter sports.
If you encounter any problems whilst you're away, we have a 24-hour helpline and a friendly team ready to assist you
Booking your travel insurance policy
We have trained staff on hand to take your call on 0800 042 0309 - quote "WJ493". On the other hand, follow the links and you could be just 7 clicks away from being fully insured.
Latitude has you covered if the worst happens
Your biggest concern in booking your holiday is probably that you wont be able to go and your family be left with the bill. With Latitude, if you do have to cancel, then well cover the cost of paying off your holiday up to a value of £5,000, so you can start getting excited about that trip of a lifetime without any niggling doubts. Thats not even all that Latitude can do for you. Have a read through our policy and see how else we can make things easier.
Advice for travelling with cancer
- The first thing you should do in planning your holiday is speak to your doctor about what is feasible for you and how your holiday can be managed. Ask them to write you a note confirming that you have cancer and how you treat it, including which type, brand and dose of medication you use, to help get you through any problems at airport security or if you lose your bag. You should also speak to your doctor about travel vaccinations as these can interact with cancer medications or be dangerous if you have a lowered immune system.
- Some cancer sufferers have a higher risk of deep vein thrombosis, so make sure you get up and walk around often on the plane and wear those fetching flight socks.
- Remember to take time zones into account when planning your doses of medicine.
- Avoid drinking tap water abroad, including ice cubes in your drinks, as there is a chance they could cause stomach distress, which can be dangerous for cancer patients.
- Some cancer sufferers may be more sensitive to the effects of strong sunlight, so ensure you use a high factor of sun lotion and keep covered.
Travel insurance with medical conditions
If you're looking to find a cheap travel insurance policy for a different medical condition, you can find all the information you need on our medical conditions page.